Somebody That I Missed

Love is Like "Cherry Blossom"

_Somebody That I Missed_

 

The bell rang about an hour later, and we’re all released from class as the lessons for today are finished. In a hurry, Chaerin immediately stood up, dashed over to me, and dragged me out of the room.

 

"Yah," I cried out, barely grabbing my bag as we ran out of the classroom. "Where are we going?!"

 

She didn't answer, but continued running. I had no choice but to follow her.

 

Eventually we stopped, and as I looked around, I realized we were alone. I recognized the place; we were in a part of the school that was close to the library. It was quiet, private, and I knew then that she needed to tell me something.

 

She was silent for a moment, and she finally spoke. “Yah," she whispered, hugging my arm. "Hana, what do I do now?”

 

I blinked, confused again for the umpteenth time today. “What? Is there something wrong?”

 

After a few seconds she nods vigorously. I wait for her to explain.

 

“What is it? Tell me; you know, I don’t want something bad to happen to you. What's going on?"

 

Chaerin looks around, her eyes scanning the halls. She looks left, right, left and right again and I think it's all part of a display. It looks so theatrical, but that's how Chaerin usually was. I just had to get used to it, if that was even possible.

 

“I think..." She pauses, as if she's trying to reel me in with interest. When I don't take her bait, she continues. "I think I have a real crush on Sehun.”

 

I still don't move, only narrow my eyes, and she speaks again.

 

“I... I can’t take this; I didn’t really learn anything today because he's on my mind like this. Only him, and no one else. I don’t know why.. I have been trying really hard to get him out of my head, but it's no use!" I see her cheeks redden, and I chuckled.

 

“Then just try to get him, so he's not bothering you like this."

 

She clutched my arm tighter. I swore I could feel nails digging through my sleeve. “Well, yeah," she ushered. "B-but... How? You know that it’s not only me who has a crush on him!”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Of course I know. I saw it earlier... Many of them are running here and there just to take a look at him, but I think there’s nothing wrong if you try. Maybe he will start to like you!” I smile at her, hoping that I'm supportive-sounding enough for her. Even though Chaerin moves quickly, it's something she can't help, and I can't help it either. So, I simply support her and try my best to keep up.

 

I still don't know how I manage.

 

Chaerin is silent for a moment, seeming to be thinking, before she nods. “You’re right. I have to try it, but... What do we have to do to get his attention?”

 

I thought for a minute, before andea came to mind. “You'll see. I have something in mind. " Then I smirked, and suddenly she was giggling.

 

 “I thought that you had no brain because you’re so slow," she laughed. "I’m wrong; sometimes your brain connections are fast enough!"

 

“Exactly. Well," I shrug my backpack onto my shoulder and nod. "I'm gonna head home; I've missed my mom. I'll see you tomorrow with my best strategy!"

 

Chaerin smiled, nodded, and then hugged me. “Ne! Thanks! You really are my bestfriend ever!" She laughed, before waving me goodbye. "Annyeong!”

 

 

&&&

 

 

“Umma, I’m home!”

 

“Hana?" My mother's voice rang from the kitchen. I took off my shoes at the door, before calling out to her.

 

"Ne," she replied. "Come here! Help me make a cake for the two of us!" I leave my bag on the sofa and begin to walk down the hall to the kitchen to work with my mother’s recipe.

 

“What are you making, mom?”

 

“Come and see," she called. I could hear the smile in her voice.

 

I reach the kitchen and approach her. Her back was to me, so I peered over her shoulders, placing my hands on them. I looked at what she was doing curiously.

 

“Black Forest?!" I exclaimed. "Yumm! That's going to be really tasty; I think the last time I had it was..." Suddenly, I felt my heart lurch.

 

"Oh... It was the day that appa left us...” My eyes suddenly began to water. I blinked the tears away. “I’d be really glad if appa were still here, umma... I miss him so much.” I squeeze her shoulders. My mother turned around to face me. Her eyes, usually crinkled at the corners with happiness, were fogged over with sadness. Her ever-present happy smile was gone; only a small, sad one remained. She sighed.

 

“I know how you feel, but now is not the time to become so reminiscent, dear." She pulled me in for a hug, before pulling away to look at me. I stared back.

 

"He’s here; he's always staying with us in here," she said, while pointing her finger to my heart and her heart.

 

I let out a small sigh and elaborated my mom’s sentence with my own words. “N-ne. He’s always there.” I force a smile on my face, and keep it there, but it vanishes as we both hear a knock on the door.

 

Our eyes meet in surprise, before I tear my eyes away from hers and they trail toward the door. “I’ll be back, umma," I said slowly. "Wait for me here." I leave the kitchen and make my way toward the door.

 

“Ne, just a second," I call out, and once I reach the door I open it slowly.

There was a boy on the other side. As I analyze him, I take in his features, and as I do so I begin to recognize him.

 

Short, but taller than me. Dark brown hair. A cheeky eye-smile.

 

My childhood friend. I smile back ecstatically.

 

“BAEK!" Byun Baekhyun, upon hearing the pet name I'd given him, smiled back widely and began to laugh.

 

"Annyeong," he said cheerily.

 

"Oh my-- how are you? What are you doing here all by yourself?" I asked, feeling excitement bubble within me.

"Well, actually," he pulled the door open a bit more, and I saw another boy standing beside him. I blinked in confusion and surprise. The other boy, who was taller than Baekhyun, bowed toward me. I gave him a once-over, not quite recognizing him. His angelic face was flawless, his doe eyes blinking innocently. He gave me a smile, which I didn't return as I wasn't paying attention to reactions. His pink lips parted, and he spoke.

 

“Annyeong, Hana.. It’s good to see you again," he began. "How are you?"

 

My eyes widened and I froze. He smiled, before speaking again.

 

"Did you miss me?"

 

 

I stood frozen in place, and I felt my lip begin to tremble.

 

He.. finally... He’s come back..

 

Now, I can feel my eyes become more watery than before.

 



 

 

Boo! Suddenly... I'm back with updating! Hehe, I'm really excited because two of you gave me some support in a comment! Kamsahamnida! *Bow*

I'm really happy because all of you have become my subscribers! Hmm.. No.. you're not only my subscribers but you are 'Uri Chinggu,' my friends!  :D

And I don't forget to say many big thanks to my lovely editor ArtisticSeoul; without her I can't make such a beautiful story for all of you! I recommend her fanfics; she's just a good author, too! I really love her and all of you... So stay tuned and don't forget to always smile no matter hard your problems are!

 

A/N: Ahhh Valent, you're so sweet!! I love you~ :* <3

I'm so happy to work with her, and I'm really excited for her and this story. I hope you, the subscribers and viewers, are just as excited!! Much more to come, so stay tuned!! ^o^    -AS

 

 

I love you guys! Keep Smiling and God Bless :*