Chapter Two.

Heart without a beat // 이길이없는 마음.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

But it’s still much more interesting than mine, isn’t it ?

I changed into the clothes Hongbin has given me, they were a little bit too big, which was expected ; yet, comfortable. I slowly went down trying not to make much noise since it’s night and the neighborhood isn’t that loud. I walked to where I was sitting before and there was a silence for a while, it wasn’t that awkward but it felt like it.

“ So what do you want to watch, Subin-ah ?” Hongbin mouthed softly and I wasn’t used to the informality yet. Isn’t it too early ?

“I don’t know. I don’t have TV in my ‘house ‘ so…yeah,  I don’t know.”

He didn’t answer this time. Maybe that was too unusual for him that he didn’t know what to say. What should I do ? I shall remain silence too ; so I kept staring at the huge screen in front of me while secretly stealing glances at him— well, he wasn’t paying attention at all. He suddenly stopped at a channe and whispered a hell yeah that was clear to be heard.

What I noticed is that what he was watching was a trailer of a movie. I couldn’t tell what it talked about because it was too confusing so I finally have decided to speak.

“What is this that makes you so happy? It’s not even a movie, or a TV show. Just a trailer.”

“Oh so you know what a trailer is.” He joked.

“Don’t pity me, young man” I said back.

“I’m not pitying you. The person who deserves most pity is a lonesome one on a rainy day who doesn't know how to read.”  He said.

I wasn’t really capable of understanding what he says. Maybe because I didn’t go to school.

“You talk undifferently from what I understand. Or it is because you studied but I didn’t?”

“No, it’s only because I read books. I wasn’t a good student anyways.” He laughed.

“I love books. But I’ve never read a one. My mom used to read me some when I was young but I never got to read a book by myself.”

“Do you know how to read then?”

“I guess? Yes, I do.”

“While you’re staying with me. I’ll make sure you read a plenty of books.”

“I’m bored. Give it to me right now.”

He nodded, stoop up and brought it a baby blue covered book after a while.

“You should read this. It’s really good and I’d like to have someone I know read it. So we’ll talk about it together. Oh and I may say some things later from the book and you must understand them. ”  He laughed. Oh he’s really weird but that’s cute.

“Is it that good though?”

“It is. Subin, sometimes you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” He said in a very serious tone.

“Is it that good that you’re talking about it this way?”  I said while giving him weird looks.

“It’s great but I stole these words from the book.”  He chuckled and put the book on my legs. I opened it and kept reading the author’s notes but I had to skip some because I don’t really care about that. Oh, here is it. Chapter One. I started reading it and I didn’t find it that interesting to be very honest. “Maybe it is just the beginning”, I told myself as I kept reading. Because it wasn’t boring so I suppose the good things are coming— I’ve read some pages from the first chapter and it was fine but I felt sleepy so I had to put it down and sleep in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter