Chapter Three.

Heart without a beat // 이길이없는 마음.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm sorry for the late update. Here's a chapter for new year's hehe. Happy new year, everyone. I apologize for the ty chap' but I still hope you'll enjoy it. I'm so busy with school so it's going to take me a while to end this story along with "hopeless love". Do check out my other one-shots please. It really means a lot when people check out my work although it isn't the best, neither it is one of the bests. It's just bleh, yet, you still read it and leave your feedbacks. I'm reading more books and hopefully that'll help me improve my skills. Love you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR! ❤

P.S: I added the third chapter to the second one since both were very short. So this one counts as the third one, not the fourth.

The journey passed just like that and it made me forget about my past. Not completely, but slowly. Because now, I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible while it lasts. We never know if what happening now will last forever considering that ‘forever’ is an invalid concept; those who believe in it end up being hurt most of the time, or always. I now find it necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they’re painful and heavy. And ‘I tie no weights to my ankles.’ However, after coming back home, Hongbin and I didn’t speak too much by virtue of him having so many things to do for work. He received so many calls and mails from what he said and all I could do is making him tea so he’ll relax. I didn’t know what else to do. I don’t know what he works as, and even if I had an idea. I’d be no help. It was almost midnight and Hongbin didn’t eat much so I walked to the kitchen and tried to look for something I could cook for him but thanks God, he had this frozen dish which he called “pizza” and it made it easier for it to serve it for him. All I did was put it in that electric machine which was a ‘microwave’; and it became ready to be eaten. It was really hard to learn all these modern machines names and actually have a mind of a twenty- first century human being and it’s all gramercy to him. I made my way to his room (which was more of a cubiculo) where he was working, and walked in while he was talking on the phone not acknowledging my presence in there. 

“I’m planning everything and I’m almost done. Don’t worry, sir.” Hongbin spoke in a very genuine tone. He nodded while hearing what the other person was saying and then opened his mouth to speak once again.

“I think she’s sleeping and she wouldn’t understand what this is even if she reads this. I already pointed up the fact that you shouldn’t worry. I’ve worked on harder missions before, so have a peaceful sleep and don’t over think. I got this.” He said and hangs up the phone. I felt very confused in that moment. Is he talking about me? What is he planning? Why am I involved in his work? I’m just a stranger…

“I’m not sleeping…” I mouthed faintly and anticipated his reaction. He panicked and turned his chair to face me with a scary face. “Since when have you been here? Didn’t your mother teach you to knock?’” He spoke in a very mean and greedy tone. He seemed very surprising and the way he spoke made it feel like a nightmare…Is this real? I didn’t know what to do. I just stared at him with a horrified expression and felt that I was falling apart. ‘I was like a clock that had exploded. My springs were hanging out, my hands were cockeyed, and my numbers were falling off’

“Hongbin…” I spoke as tears ran down my face.

“What are you doing?” I continued.

“I’m doing my job, Miss.”

“Being mean or talking about me on the phone? I don’t know what’s going on.”

“I wasn’t talking about you. I was doing my job. I already pointed that out.”

“Are you going to ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter