A night with the boys. (Part 1)

Hate U, Love U.

Dinner passed by uneventfully with 14 creatures gobbling up every single grain of rice as if left hungry for ages. Several kind souls (namely Donghae, Eunhyuk, Leeteuk, Sungmin and Ryeowook) volunteer as hosts to accompany me through the night, while the rest scurry to their respective rooms, doing God-knows-what inside. I shrug, appearing indifferent towards their hospitality, but being infinitely grateful deep inside. I'm craving for human company. The loneliness that dawns upon me after my argument with Ji Ah is unbearable. She is my one and only pillar of support (have never been on good terms with my parents), and as I recall the days when she would hold my hands, telling me her daily encounters, I feel extremely sorry for scolding her earlier today instead of giving a proper explanation...

'Are you okay?' Caught in my own realm of thoughts, I look up to see a waving hand, of which belongs to none other than the ever friendly angel.

'I'm fine, Leeteuk-sshi.' I try not to sound depressed.

'Leeteuk oppa, not Leeteuk-sshi,' He corrects. His gaze meets mine, sending waves of sincerity through his eyes. Before I could react, words are already escaping my lips.

'Leeteuk-ssh.....op...pa,' I stutter.

'Ahh that sounds better!' A smile spreads across his face. That angelic face.

As if not willing to waste any second, he urges me to the living room. There, I am greeted by 4 elated faces, probably excited over the fact that there are games to play, or maybe because of my presence... I'd prefer to think that it's the former so that I have a reason to continue hating them. Dongahae and Sungmin eagerly spread out a game mat at the center of the living room, and as I see the (almost) disgustingly familiar thing on the floor, I throw my hands up in exasperation.

TWISTER[1], seriously?? Cliche is almost an understatement, not to mention the PHYSICAL INTIMACY involved in this game. I volunteer to be the referee, since HELL I WOULDN'T WANT TO TOUCH ANY OF THEM (Nor do I want to be touched by them, honestly). But just as stubborn as I am, the members wouldn't give in, pointing out that the guest should be actively involved and whatnot. After minutes of debating and a few rounds of rock-scissors-paper, I begrudgingly step onto the mat while praying for a quick and painless death.

'Left hand, green!' The anchovy Eunhyuk's playful voice echoes in the living room. Immediately, everyone fumbles to the green circles nearest to them. Except for Donghae maybe, who tries to be different by placing his hand on a further green circle, effectively making him seem like he's doing an one-arm push-up. The members play along too, chanting 'Push-up, push-up, Donghae jjang!' to evoke him into showing-off. The Mokpo fish doesn't disappoint either. He does a few push-ups skillfully, and I finally see why he's managed to get such strong muscles with that lean body of his.

'Snap snap, watch your backs! Right leg, blue!' Eunhyuk continues with a smirk on his face. Taken aback, my right leg frantically slides across the mat, resulting in me landing on my . Great job Ji Eun. I can't possibly look any stupider than I am now, doing a half-split on the mat like I was born to dance (what joke seriously). I'm sure the members feel the same too, because I don't recall seeing such hysterical laughters before the game began. I give myself a facepalm, knowing that I had just embarrassed myself in front of people whom I barely know. Being the monkeys (or clowns, shall I say) they are, everyone starts to mock me by reenacting the ' landing' scene one after another. While it is Ryeowook's turn, Eunhyuk the MC playfully places his foot under Ryeowook's , earning a loud 'OUCH!!' from the poor little boy (and subsequently a light slap on the anchovy's face). Everyone bursts into laughter, myself alike, and for the first time I feel the warmth I have never felt in a while.

I manage to survive through three rounds of Twister and five rounds of Musical Chair (pardon the lack in maturity, I personally requested for it since it is my favourite game to date) before my brain gives out hints of exhaustion. The members, too, seem fatigued after a while. Ryeowook the chef, in fear of anyone sleeping in hunger, leaves to the kitchen to make us supper while the rest proceed to play the infamous 'Coin Spirit'[2] game. I swear I have a bad feeling about this, but curiosity kills and this game has been in my mind ever since Ji Ah mentioned it to me when we were in elementary school. Besides, there are so many guys here, things can't probably go too wrong...right? Just then, Yesung once again pops out from his room (he said he wanted to put Dddangkoma in the microwave to dry him up after a shower WTF) so he spontaneously joins in as well. I bet he doesn't even know what we're going to play lol.

Before we begin, we decide to invite Siwon the priest to guide us through a quick prayer. I shut my eyes tight, hoping that I will get to leave this place safely by the next morning. 

-cont'd

P.S. [1] The rules to Twister can be found here, and the game mat looks something like this
        [2] An example + short introduction to the 'Coin Spirit' game here.

 


First of all, APOLOGIES FOR THE SUPER LATE POST. Life's been a vacuum machine (it ). I've been drafting this since forever (but something always got in the way) so now here I am, with this relatively short chapter ._. Please forgive me my dears, I'll try to update the next part ASAP! Also, I see that many people here really love Yesung and his antics (hurhur) so I'll definitely try to incorporate more Yesung moments here ^^

In the next chapter, there will be some ghostly experience so do anticipate~