Part 3

Marked

KRIS

"Leo- Leo!" Seol's scream woke me up. She had been sleeping for over ten hours and finally, she was awake. I ran my arms around her, trying to fully wake her up from the nightmare she was having.

            Her nightmares; they used to be beautiful memories. Though now everyone called them nightmares, to her, those were days of her prime. The days she lived her life to the fullest. The life she wanted back so desperately. That was why I was with her.

"Seol-ah, it's okay, wake up. I'm here" I said, and she tangled herself over me. Her legs tackled mine, her arms hugged me tight. I should be happy, but the reason she woke up from her long and peaceful sleep was because of her old lover. That pissed me off.

"Kris..." she whispered my name, burring her face on to my chest. Her body shook due to the sudden - whatever that happened to her - shock... and I hugged her back.

"I'm here, babe" I whispered into her ear. Slowly, her shaking body was coming to a calming position. It took her some time to get used to it, but the moment she opened her eyes again, her lips landed on mine.

"Hi" she smiled, as if nothing happened. I let out a ridiculous laugh. I should have gotten used to this by now. Seol waking up due to a nightmare, the after-shock, and then, bright and happy Seol.

"Hi"

"How long was I gone for?" She elbowed my stomach as I laid flat on our bed. Somehow she ended up on top of me, her hair falling all around me. I moved my hand and tucked her hair behind her ears. She smiled and waited for an answer.

"You went to sleep around ten last night and right now, and it's 8 now... you can sleep more. You didn't get any sleep the night before." I said, giving her a smirk. I watched Seol turn bright red as I said those words. Soon, a slap followed on to my chest and I let out a throaty laugh.

"Who's fault was that?" she said, moving away, trying to get up. I pulled her back to my side. Though she tried to pull away at first, she soon gave in, leaning over my chest as I ran my arm around her and pulled her closer to me.

"So... are you in the mood to repeat the night before?" I whispered as I kissed her exposed shoulder. I felt her shiver. And I took that as her answer.

***

"Hyung, he wouldn't like this idea" Changmin said to Yunho while both brothers walked around the big store, looking for good wedding presents. They already had a house, already had things they wanted, so the brothers had the hardest time picking a good gift.

"What? It's a wine bar. Why won't he like it?" Yunho frowned. That house didn't have a wine bar. And Yunho thought it was a perfect wedding gift.

"Our sister can drink too much sometimes. I don't think Kris would like the idea of bringing a bar into their house." Changmin reminded his hyung.

"Right... How about a-"

"Why don't we just buy them a honeymoon trip? I think that's the best"

"Someone's already called dibs on that" Yunho said in a disappointed face. Right then, his phone rang, and when he checked, it was none other than their sister. "Solie~" Yunho said in the most cheesiest voice, it made Seol laugh even before she said hi to her oppa.

"Oppa, I need help" she said from the other side of the line.

"What do you need help with?"

"I have to go shopping... dress shopping. I don't have a dress yet" he heard the panic in his sister's voice. He tapped Changmin and led him out of the store.

"Where are you? We'll be there soon" he said as he got into the car. Changmin followed, still a little confused. Yunho hung up and gave the address to the driver.

"Where are we going?" Changmin asked and his brother smiled.

"Dress shop planning"

 

            After trying on at least ten dresses, Seol was tired and decided to wait for her brothers. As she waited, she watched how other couple behaved as they tried on dresses. She envied the girls who had parents - taking pictures, saying how pretty they looked, crying over seeing their daughter wearing a beautiful white dress - she wanted them too. But what could she do when she didn't have that?

"There she is" A voice made her turn around. When she turned around, she saw two of the people she loved the most with the woman she will be calling her mother-in-law in couple of weeks.

"What's with the long face? A bride who's about to try on dresses should be smiling from one ear to the other" she said, walking over to her and pulling her into a hug. Seol was too shocked to take it all in. Three days ago, she had called her brothers and asked them to help her with dress shopping. And here they were, with Kris's mom who was supposed to be in Canada.

"Oh I know why you have a long face" she Seol's face, "But I like it this way. A groom should not see the dress until the wedding day. I really wish people these days would follow that tradition." she pouted, which brought a smile over Seol's face.

"Eomeonim..." she said, as she gave the older woman another hug.

"That's the kind of reaction I want" she patted Seol's back. "Now, let's do this shopping thing" she said, smiling brightly.

"Oh, Mrs. Wu, we have to wait..." Changmin said, which made Kris's mom turn around.

"Why? Is Kris supposed to come?" she frowned, but Seol's brothers shook their heads in unison.

"We have to wait for Seol's friend" Yunho said, which made Seol look at her brothers weirdly. The only friend she had was Tiffany, but she was not in Korea anymore. She had gone back to the US, and was living happily, enjoying her new life.

"Sorry sorry I'm late I know" a new voice joined, and Seol's eyes went wide. "Hi love, missed me?" Tiffany - the girl who was supposed to be in US - was standing in front of her. And then, Kris's mom, who was only supposed to come to Korea two weeks before the wedding was here five weeks before the wedding. She looked at her brothers who smiled widely as her friend gave her a bear hug. "Mrs. Wu, ready for this?" Tiffany eyed the older lady who nodded happily.

            Soon, Seol came out in a beautiful puffy dress which cost more than her custom-made Porsche. And yes, she looked amazing in it, but just like the other dresses she tried on, she didn't feel it in her. Then followed a beaded mermaid, and then another puffy dress, and then a high-waist dress.

"Try this one" Mrs. Wu pointed at a simple a-line dress that had gotten pushed to the edge of the dress rack that was inside the dressing room. Kris's mom stepped out as the worker there helped Seol into the simple dress that was slightly off-shoulder, lace covering cleavage, but still visible sweet-heart neckline, and princess waist-line. Then she was led into the small podium and the worker asked if everyone was ready to see her. The moment they all yelled ready, the curtain opened, and revealed the anticipating faces that were waiting for me.

            The moment Seol's eyes caught the new face that has joined the group, her eyes watered.

"Eomma..." her voice cracked.

"Aga..." the older woman said, walking over and giving the girl a hug. "I never thought I'd see you in a wedding dress. This is really happening, right?" she turned to the crowd and everyone nodded. Kris's mom had tears in her eyes too, and Tiffany handed a tissue to her as she helped one to herself.

"Eomma..."

"That's right, my baby, you're my baby" she said, admiring the girl. She once had dreamed her to be her daughter, she had wanted her son to marry the girl who was shining brighter than all the diamonds in the world wearing the most beautiful wedding dress she had ever seen. Only if Leo was here... his mom thought to herself. "You're my daughter" she said again, secretly being jealous over Kris's mom.

            Kris's mom was a cool mother. She understood the situation. The lady who was admiring her daughter-in-law must have dreamed of Seol being her daughter. The look in that lady's eye said it all. She was Leo's mother. How could she handle the fact the girl whom her son loved the most was about to be married in couple of weeks to another man? But then, Kris - her son - was an amazing man. She didn't worry a bit trusting this beautiful girl in her son's hands.

"How do I look?" Seol's eyes fixed on Mrs. Wu. She had been too busy to notice that Seol had been staring at her the whole time.

"You look - you are... My son is so lucky" she said as she wiped her tears. The lady who held Seol's hand smiled.

"Today..." the lady spoke, "I give my daughter to you. Please take care of my baby" she said to Mrs. Wu. Mrs. Wu was surprised of how the lady spoke about Seol. She was a parent-less child. She grew up with over-protective brothers. She lost her love at a young age. And the lady who stood next to Seol was the mother of Leo. But that lady sounded more like Seol's mother than her lover's mother.

"I will." Mrs. Wu spoke, and the lady gave her a sad smile. She saw the flash of pain in her eyes; it's something only mothers understood.

"Oh my gosh please say you're getting this dress because I am dying of jealousy because you're wearing it" Tiffany broke her long silence and Seol gave out a real laugh.

"Since Eomma and Eomeonim both look like this, I think they like it too" Seol said, and looked at her brothers. Wait - were they crying too?

"It's happy tears" Yunho admitted while Changmin was too cool for that.

"I found my dress" Seol turned to the worker who smiled brightly back at her. "This is it"

***

KRIS

Sweaty palm. Sweaty palms.

"Calm down dude. You've been pacing around the room like a hungry dog" Luhan tried to stop me.

"What if she suddenly say something about Leo? What if she just-"

"Don't even think about that. Dude, you're about to go marry her. Stop saying bad things" Xiumin said, stuffing a piece of bread into his mouth.

"But-"

"No buts" he said, walking over and putting a piece inside my mouth too. I stared at him before chewing it. Oh it's good!

"Is the groom ready?" someone asked and I turned.

"It's now or never" I said to myself, putting my tux jacket on.

"Good luck man. Say good bye to that y, free and single life" Luhan smiled, waving his hand.

"Funny." I gave him a look before walking towards the door. Xiumin and Luhan followed me.

"Groom; enter" the MC - or Suho - said, and I took my steps. People turned and looked at me. Yes, I'm hot, I know. I smirked to myself before turning around and facing the closed door.

 

"Bride; enter" Suho's voice echoed inside the hall as the closed doors opened, revealing a silhouette of a beauty. She finally stepped out into the hall, taking one step at a time along with her brothers. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Her face was covered with a white veil, but I saw her that eyes were looking back at me. I gulped, and the only thing in my mind at that moment was that this beautiful girl was going to be mine in couple of minutes. Oh goodness that dress - mom was totally right. That dress was made for her.

"Hi" she said as she reached me. Her brother pated my back and walked over to third seats. On the seats that the parents were supposed to sit down, a lady sat alone. She had tears in her eyes along with a smile on her lips. Seol introduced her as Leo's mom. She cried a lot, and I tried to cheer her up - and failed. And the last thing she told me was that she'll kill me if I ever hurt her daughter. Only then I realized how close Seol was with Leo's family. His mom really thought that someday her son will end up with Seol. She treated my Seol like her own daughter. And that day I promised her, that I would never hurt Seol - just like I promised her brothers.

"Hi" I said, smiling and taking her hand. Goodness, this was real.

            During the whole ceremony, I don't remember a thing the priest said. The beauty next to me stole my full attention. And I buried my fears deep down when Seol said 'I do'.

"You may kiss the bride" said the priest, and I cupped my girl's face.

"I love you" I said before planting my lips on her's. I felt her smile into kiss as her hands gripped onto my tux jacket.

"Ehem" the priest cleared his throat and we broke our long loving kiss. "Live happily" he smiled, and I nodded.

 

            During the reception, Yunho hyung and Changmin hyung asked me to step out for a minute. And here we were, carrying out our normal conversation about none other than Seol.

"Thank you" said Yunho hyung out of nowhere. "Seol looks really happy because of you"

"Kris, please take care of her like you have been doing... I think we can finally not feel guilty about our sister" said Changmin hyung.

"What we're saying is..

            We're proud of you. You're finally marked her as yours. Good job, Kris Wu"


Hi guys.... the long awaited next part. I hope you liked this :)     yeah...........