Part 1

Marked

2013

"Eonnie, come and dance. Don't worry; oppa said he's not going to come today. If you get hurt, we have a nurse with us" the younger girl pulled the older girl's hand. But one thing the younger one didn't understand was that the older one had work to do. She was back in school, she was trying to live a life by her own rules, but the younger one didn't seem to believe that the girl she called her 'eonnie' was okay now.

"Miryung, I'm busy" she said, but the girl didn't buy her words.

"One song. I'll play your favourite. Maybe even pull out some of your favorite SE7EN tunes for you. C'mon eonnie, you loved dancing. You may bury your head with music but what you really loved doing was dancing. Just once. Please? We miss that crazy boneless girl. It's not the same without you"

"Ugh I'm going back to Canada." said the older one as the younger one dragged her away from her work. After looking around, Miryung snuck her 'eonnie' into the building.

"Clear!" she yelled as they entered the room full of people.

"Omo!" everyone got onto their feet to greet the older girl who joined them.

"Seol!" everyone called, adding 'sumbae', 'eonnie' or 'noona' after her name.

"How did you bring her here? You know if hyung sees her, we're all dead" said one guy, standing up.

"Don't worry much. Admit, you missed her too" Miryung said, and the guy nodded.

"Aw, we all missed you" another girl stepped in, giving Seol a hug.

"Missed you too, Tiff" Seol returned the hug.

"How was Canada?" she asked, and all the girl could do was just fake a smile. "And whoa, you got a tattoo?" she asked, touching Seol's wrist.

"Yeah..." Seol tried to free her hand from her friend's grip.

"ㄹ..." Tiff mumbled and everyone became quiet.

"It also looks like S" Seol said, and the girl half-nodded. She knew it wasn't meant to be a 'S', but she managed to fool many people saying that.

"Okay... enough with the tattoo talk" Miryung jumped into the two girls' middle, "Dance time. No, SE7EN time!" she said, ordering the boy who was closer to the stereo to play the song. The moment the song started playing, Seol was pushed to the middle.

            She missed dancing, but she was forbidden to dance. Her body begged her to, but she promised not to. Only alcohol had the power to make her forget everything and dance like there was no tomorrow. But right now, she was sober. She remembered everything.

            The door burst open and two guys in black stood by the doorframe. A handsome guy entered the room following the two big ones, making Seol turn towards them.

"I didn't dance" Seol's word left her lips, but the guy just stared at her.

"Changmin oppa, I'm sorry. I brought her here" Miryung stepped in, but Seol pushed her away.

"I'm leaving" She said, walking towards the door.

"Take her" Changmin ordered the guys in black and they bowed. Seol needed no company; she was planning on leaving by herself anyway. But the two guys followed her. She paused at once; making the guys hit their brakes as well.

"Agassi"

"I need to see oppa" Seol spoke, walking back towards the room.

"I told you all, she is forbidden from this place!" She heard Changmin's yell.

"I'm sorry" I spoke behind him, and he spun around o see his sister standing there, with tears in her eyes.

"It's okay, baby, go home" Changmin cupped her face and wiped the tears away.

"It's my fault so please don't touch them. I came here. Miryung lied to you. Just let them go." Seol went on, trying to take her brother out of the room with her. "You take me home. That house is too big for me. You don't come home and so does keun oppa. You're both the same. Soon, you'll leave me just like he did. And before I blame you two, take me home." Seol said it in a firm voice, making Changmin freeze just like the others.

"Let's go home" Changmin took his sister's hand, taking the lead.

***

KRIS

            Couple of guys bowed as they saw their boss - one of them - leading a girl out of the building. Two big guys in black followed, and everyone stopped to watch the scene.

"Getting kicked out?"

"But I've never seen her..."

"Stalker?"

"Too bad, she's pretty" they had their own little moment of judgment, then turned around to walk the direction they were heading.

"Wait-" I stopped, taking my steps towards her. Her right hand was just flying as she was being dragged out with Changmin hyung.

"What now?"

"She has a mark" I muttered, making the guys look at me with a weird expression.

"So..." one raised his eyebrow at me.

"It's the R" I wanted to say, but the guys would think of me weird. So in answer, I shook my head. "Be right back" I said, leaving the guys and walking towards the entrance.

"Go home. I promise to be home for dinner tonight." Changmin hyung said to the girl.

"No" the girl protested. Whoa, hyung has a girl problem? The ever-perfect-co-CEO has a girl problem?!

"Baby, listen to me. I promise I'll come home with keun oppa tonight. He's returning tonight and then he'll be able to spend his entire week with you. Just don't do this to me now. I can't leave the company" Hyung the girl's hair and tucked it behind her ear.

"Send me back to Canada. I don't want to stay here" she said, and I stood in the same place, same pose. Canada. That mark.

"Don't be like this, Seol. Go home. I promise I'll never ever make you feel lonely"

"Liar. Everyone's a liar" she cried, pounding onto hyung's chest. "You just said the same thing he said. And guess what, he got himself killed right after he said those words to me. Do you know why, because you wanted him out of my life? If you two let me have him, he would have lived. We could have gotten married and lived happily ever after. I would have had a happier life. You two ruined it for me. It was all your fault!" she yelled, crying. Soon, her legs gave in, dragging her to the ground. Changmin hung knelt in front of her, trying to her back to her feet. I stepped out and ran over.

"Is everything okay, hyung?" I asked.

"Oh Kris" hyung said, trying to make the girl stop crying. "Baby I'm sorry"

"Yeah, you should be!" she cried even harder. Changmin hyung tried to make the girl get into the car, but failed. The guys in black soon stepped in, lifting her in the air and stuffing her into the black car as if she was a feather getting stuffed into a pillow.

"Kris, do me a favor. Go with her. Soon, she will pass out. Just let her sleep inside the car. When she gets home, Butler Kim will take her from there. Just go with her. I need someone I can trust to go with her"

"You want me to go with her? Who is she? Why is she like that? Is she going to be okay?" I questioned and hyung gave me a long look.

"Yes, go with her. She's my sister. She's suffering from a trauma. She'll be okay, just let her sleep. I trust you" he answered to my questions in order. Soon, I was inside the car with a half-falling-asleep/ half-crying girl. Seol. Hyung's sister. That mark - or letter...

            She fell asleep right after taking a sip out of a plastic water bottle.

"Finally. Agassi's asleep" one of the guys called hyung.

"Water puts her to sleep?" I asked, but the guy smiled through the rearview.

"No, but her medicine does. The blue-lidded water bottles in here are all mixed with Agassi's medicine. The white ones are real pure water. When she has her moments, we give her a blue lid. She falls asleep right away. She knows too. Sometimes she thanks us for making her fall asleep.” The drive kept explaining while I just nodded.

            Suddenly, the vehicle came to a stop and the driver let out a silent curse. The girl who slept next to me - Seol - her right hand ended up on my lap as her head leaned on my shoulder. I peaked at the mark once again. Yes, it was the mark. Could anyone have that mark on his or her hand? I doubted it. It was a '', which was R in Korean. But why did she have that as a tattoo?

"So, what's her story?" I asked, and the two guys looked at each other.

"You don't know?"

"I only joined the company an year ago... How am I supposed to know these things when I only met her for the first time?"

"Oh Kris-ssi, you missed the drama" said the guy in the passenger seat.

"What drama?"

"The over-protective bros, blooming first love's tragedy, accidents that were never meant to happen, unexpected deaths... you name it, we have it" he said, and the drive guy nodded.

"Tell me" I said, waiting for guys to start the story.

            Seol was in love with a guy names Leo. He was a quiet yet talented guy. He was the captain of a famous soccer team, a straight-A student, and a very talented singer. They went to the same school, shared the same kinds of interest, and were really close friends, but Seol's brothers didn't approve of their relationship. They didn't believe that a guy who barely showed affection to anyone deserved their perfect sister. The couple in love was forced to break up, but that didn't stop them from meeting in secret. One night - after Leo met Seol, when he was going home, he was met with an accident.

"Some say it was the brothers' fault. As in, they made the accident happen, and some say it was just an accident. The moment Seol agassi found out, she fainted and went into coma mode for months. Sajangnimdeul sent agassi away to Canada where she regained conscious, but she was never the girl she used to be. She used to be the happiest girl who walked on Earth but suddenly; she just turned into a demon. We had the hardest time handling her." sighed the guy in the passenger seat.

"She didn't even cry when her father passed away. She never had a mother since she passed away giving birth to her, but when Leo died-"

"Or was killed -"

"Right... she just hit the rock bottom. And ever since, she's been like this."

"To tell the truth," the driver started, "agassi used to be one of the best dancers in the company. Leo used to play the piano and sing while agassi danced. They were perfect for each other."

"But the sajangnimdeul didn't agree. They didn't want their sister to end up with a guy who was from a normal family."

"Plus, Leo was really shy and quiet. He didn't show affection well. So, sajangnimdeul thought he was with her for her money and not for the real feelings"

            I turned to see the sleeping figure next to me. Trails of tears left her eyes, indicating she was awake. I rubbed my thumb against her eyes, wiping them away. She snuggled against me, reaching for my hand with her 'marked' one. I let her touch my fingers.

"Agassi bulssanghae" said the driver. "She didn't deserve any of this"

"So did Leo. He was a nice boy." said the other. Then in unison, they both sighed.

"'ㄹ'" she whispered, just for us to here. "'Leo'" she said again, and I nodded.

            So it was supposed to be 'L', not 'R'. Korean is confusing. I nodded again and she let another trail of tears roll down her cheeks.

"He really did take good care of agassi" now the driver and the other bodyguard were having a conversation by themselves about the old young couple while she was in a different world, with me watching her.

***

Who was he?

            She didn't know. Did he know her? Yes. In fact, he knew her even before he knew who she was. But she had no idea who he was. He let her cry on his shoulder, let her hold his hand like he used to, he carried her to her bed and safely tucked her in like he used to... he was doing everything he used to.

"Do you know me?" she asked as he turned around to leave me.

"Yes"

"Do I know you?"

"No"

"Are you him?" she asked, trying to sit down on her bed. But she couldn't. The medicine inside her body was too strong for her. "Are you here to replace him? Did oppa send you?"

"No one's going to replace him" he let a low chuckle out. "He's too precious to be replaced" How did he know that? "Sleep, sunshine. You'll be fine tomorrow" he bent over and kissed her forehead. She felt shivers travel down her spine, but she didn't get to hold on to the moment because sleep took over her.

***

KRIS

"Kris, what are you doing here?" Yunho hyung called out as I came down the stairs.

"Hyung!" the greeting came out as a yell, "I... um... Changmin hyung sent me... Your sister got... sick"

"Oh no" the oldest of the family started running towards the girl's room. I followed him. The moment hyung realized that his sister's a sleep; he closed the door slowly, trying not to make a sound. "Did she say anything?"

"Nope" I shook my head, wondering whether to mention her tattoo or not.

"That girl - just to rebel - got a tattoo too" hyung said it first, so I nodded. "It's for her boy..." he sighed and looked up at me. "Sorry man, for dragging you into family messes"

"Nah... Glad I could help. Anyway, nice to see you hyung. I'm heading back" I said, but he stopped me.

"Thank you... Kris"

"Really, glad I could help" I repeated before turning towards the entrance of the house.

"If I give her to you..." Yunho hyung said, and I froze, "will you take care of her for me?"

"Hyung..."

"I need someone I can trust. And you're perfect for the job. But... don't fall for her. That's where Leo went wrong. No one will fall for my sister unless I say so. Leo was perfect, I tell you, but he wanted my sister... and our money. And we couldn't just give it away. We asked him to leave, but he didn't. He said he loved her." Yunho hyung laughed. "Love? What a joke... Then they played the whole 'we broke up' scene. And yes, we bought it. But they were going behind our backs. And guess what, the heaven punished him for it. He got into an accident and died on the spot." Sigh. "And he took my perfect little sister with him."

"Huh?" I blinked in confusion.

"The day he passed away, Seol tried to kill herself. She took some drugs until she fainted - which led to a coma. Only then..." hyung looked right at me. "Only then I realized she actually loved him. She actually fell for his tricks." he walked over and put his arm around my shoulder. "If I knew the consequences of my action, I wouldn't have done it. Because to me, my sister is everything"

"Wait - are you telling me you killed him?" I asked, pushing his arm away. H-hyung, please say it's not tr-

"What? No! I know some people think we did it, but we didn't. All we did was... we paid him to stay away but he threw the money away and decided to stay with Seol. That night, we found out and we were on our way to our house but he decided to run away... But we didn't do the accident." hyung said, and I let out a breath of relief.

"But now..." he started again, "I need someone to take care of her. But never fall in love with her. Her heart is scattered, she'll never fall in love again... But I want her to forget about what happened. I want her to-"

"Wait hyung, you want her to fall in love with me?" I asked, taken aback. Yunho stared at me for couple of seconds before laughing out loud.

"No, you idiot. I want someone to watch over her"

"She has two bodyguards"

"I want a guy. Not bodyguards"

"I'm not agreeing to this"

"Agree and I'll make that world tour happen" he said in a firm voice. I gulped and looked at our older CEO standing in front of me. Not the hyung I knew, but the boss of the company I belonged to.

"Fine. Just tell me what to do" I said, already regretting this decision.

"Easy" spoke Mr. Yunho. "Unmark her"


Hey guys, FIRST PART UP!

The story is from the third-person view and Kris's view. (Yes, Kris from Exo) ... I'll post the next part as soon as I finish it. Hope you enjoyed this bit. I'll be back! ~ D