Trial and Tribulation

Trial and Tribulation

"It's high," Chanyeol thinks as he is lead to the center of a white marbled room. He's not use to being so high up. He has spent nearly three thousand years living just as many miles beneath the earth's surface.

He is scared by the white wisps of clouds instead of a solid floor under his feet and had there not been two soldiers firmly holding his wings, he would have been crawling.

The days of when he used to run across those clouds without a second though for his safety, have long faded from his mind, replaced by memories of hot coals and flames.

His wings are bound in heavy chain and thick cloth, the color in stark contrast to the room around him. Normally the cloth would have been white but heaven does not believe in allowing sinners to be clothed in the sacred color. Instead, they choose a color to represent all of the sins he had committed: red. Red for the men, women, sons, and daughters whose lives he had taken, despite whether he actually took them or not.

It was not just for the lives he had taken however. No, red in heaven bore more weight than spilling the blood of God's innocent children. Red in heaven carried the weight of all the hate and fear he had brought about. It proclaimed his soul was warped and tainted, unfit for even the lowest servant to look upon. It showed that he had done wrong in the eyes of the most sacred and thus, he was condemned.

"You have been brought here for acts of espionage and intended murder," says a middle aged looking man with wings, longer than he was tall, gently brushing the ground behind him.

Chanyeol cannot recall the name of the angel in front of him nor can he remember ever having seen him. Three thousand years in hell have wrought havoc on his memory but then again, Chanyeol has never seen an angel look so mad.

"I have done not as to that which I have been accused," Chanyeol states with a slight waiver in his voice while his mind struggles to remember he is the palace of God and thus must speak appropriately.

"Do not lie demon," the man breathes, as if simply allowing the word 'demon' to come from his mouth was a sin punishable by death.

Chanyeol can tell the man's anger has only grown, not only for Chanyeol insisting his innocence, but also for his words. Anyone not of heaven, caught speaking such a sacred language, was severely punished but, for someone as low as him, a demon, caught using the language was reason enough for death.

"May I be in the position of desiring to know against whom it is you believe I have committed such sins?"

"Wu Fan," the man states, his words breathed but they sting just the same as a blade, sharp enough to pierce Chanyeol's skin and he can already feel the pain.

Chanyeol's eyes widened.

Wu Fan is God's leading angel; the angel who God had made first and the angel who God had based the earth from. No one dared to be in the same room as Wu Fan let alone commit a sin against him.

"You have tried to turn Wu Fan against the Creator and when you failed you tried to murder him in cold blood so he would be unable to speak of your crimes," the man says while Chanyeol stares towards him, mouth open and eyes wide.

"What do you have to say for yourself demon?" Another middle aged man says from the first man's right.

Chanyeol simply lets his eyes fall to the floor.

"You approached him on earth, tried to lure him back to Hell and get him to tell you valuable information and turn him to your legion. When Wu Fan refused, you released him and set a plan to have him murdered at the hands of the lowest servant you had, like Wu Fan was unworthy of your attention," the man reads from a white scroll in his hands, ink still wet.

It is clear they are moving things quickly, wanting this matter to be finished and forgotten of soon.

"I've done no such things as to what you've accused me of," Chanyeol says again but his voice is weak, quivering in places that makes Chanyeol's words seem halfhearted and strangled. "I've done no such things."

God's sacred language is failing him but no other words can accurately express his thoughts.

"Cupropajata," Chanyeol breathes and the eyes of every person in the hall grow wide with anger.

Speaking Lucifer's language will surely have him put to death but Chanyeol cannot think of another word that adequately explains the situation he has been forced into. He was already condemned, forsaken the moment he walked through the doors.

"I am wrongly accused in the matter of my survival," Chanyeol translates but the men only grow angrier than before.

Translating a Luciferian word into Godian is just as sever a crime as the one to which he is accused but Chanyeol knows God's angels are looking for retribution and Chanyeol can only see the list of his wrong doings growing.

"I insist on my innocence!" Chanyeol yells but the men have no reason to listen to the words of a sinner. "I did not approach Wu Fan he-"

"Bring him to the chamber," another, rather large, man yells to the men each holding one of Chanyeol's wings, effectively cutting Chanyeol off.

"Wu Fan was the one who came to me," Chanyeol whispers as he is lead through the door, to the room which will become his own personal hell, many times worse than his previous home.

"This man has sinned against his highest and thus must be condemned to the limits of his existence," the first man reads as Chanyeol is led out of the hall.

Chanyeol knows that the ink on the scroll has only just dried and he bows his head in grief. Nothing he could have said nor done would have changed the punishment given to him. These men already had a plan for his fate, long before he even set foot out of line. It was, for them, simply a matter of when they would be able to execute their punishment upon someone.

Heads turn but no one wants to taint their eyes with the sight of a sinner. Even so, Chanyeol can feel their eyes on his back, drilling holes into him which his tormentors will leave open, only to fill with pain and fear.

Chanyeol sees the anger in their eyes as he passes them slowly, the anger against him for what he had done and the anger that they wish be inflicted upon him. Yet, some eyes hold happiness, their eyes showing the joy they have, knowing he will feel the wrath of God several fold for every sin he committed.

Yet, there is one pair of eyes that hold sorrow for what Chanyeol is about to go through and Chanyeol finds his eyes drawn to them.

"...You came to me..."

.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.

I wrote this to test out my creative writing and use of creative words. If it gets enough of a responce, maybe I will write a sequel.

Let me know how it is in the comments below!

.:Ji:.