Boy Friend

Next Hello
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun’s strumming his guitar as he stares blankly in the thin air. Thoughts of their first breakfast together and their first conversation that leads them to unexpected agreement – all of these things keep circling on his head.

 

His band members; Jongdae, Yixing, Kyungsoo and Kris just kept on their own business. Jongdae is tuning his own guitar while Yixing on his side is setting up the drum set. Kyungsoo is busy practicing his part in their performance for this night while Kris is packing their things up in their car on the parking lot. Their ever reliable manager wannabe, Suho arranged this gig for them. They knew that this performance will bag them a bunch of money after – what would you expect to Suho.

 

“Hey!” Jongdae threw a crumpled piece of music sheet to Baekhyun.

 

He looked up and a blank faced Baekhyun stared at him.

 

“What?”

 

All of them shook their heads.

 

“You’re physically present but mentally absent Baek. Is there something wrong?” Kyungsoo asked as he slide at the end of the couch and tap the empty space.

 

Baek shook his head, “Nah thanks. I’m okay with this stool. By the way, I’ll probably come late for the gig.”

 

His entire band mate’s eyes narrowed at him as if they knew Baek’s reason for possible ditching act on their performance.

 

“Don’t tell me it’s about Haneul?”

 

“Or because of, Ch… changing of heart about her.” Yixing bit his lip as he notice the deep glares of his friends.

 

Kyungsoo let out a sigh when he saw that Baek didn’t even notice anything. At least, they have save Yixing from spilling the beans.

 

“By the way, we saw you with a columnist yesterday. How was it? Are we in for an exclusive interview?” Jongdae diverge the conversation.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat before he answers, “Nope, I refuse the offer.”

 

The others look on each other as if they were trying to send telepathic messages on each other on how they would react with Baek’s answer.

 

Kyungsoo simply nod his head on Jongdae while Yixing signaled him with his drumstick to go on with the drama.

 

Too busy to notice the non-verbal communication of his friends, Baek didn’t saw what Jongdae’s lips did. It turned into O as he got what Kyungsoo and Yixing told him.

 

“Why Baek? It’s our chance to be more popular, to have plenty of guesting in different shows.” Jongdae acted.

 

“I don’t like the limelight. I might get blinded, if you know what I mean. I’m happy where we are now.” He said as he slowly stood up from his seat.

 

“Where are you going?” Yixing asked him as he put down his drum sticks on the side table.

 

“I’m going to meet up Haneul. She’s been waiting for me for an hour.” He swiftly took his sling bag lying on the couch.

 

“I bet she’s going to kick your once she saw your face.” Jongdae wearing that mockery Baek’s hating about him.

 

“You make her wait for an hour again Baekhyun.”

 

“It’s a hard habit to die.” Baekhyun joked as he took a glance for one last time before turning the door knob.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey there little buddy.”

 

 

 

Feet plastered as Baek saw who’s with his Kris Hyung, Chanyeol.

 

Kris points his thumb on his new acquaintance who’s wearing a khaki coat with a neatly combed hair.

 

“Hi!”

 

“Hi.”

 

 

There’s no trace of any excitement with Baek’s voice as he greet Chanyeol.

 

“Look who’s here.”

 

Baekhyun heared Jongdae so before this troll friend of his starts a new conversation with the columnist, he grab his hand out of the music studio.

 

“We’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter