A Girl Needs to Eat

I want a Da Vinci

Your POV

Classes today were boring as ever and it didn’t help that one of the cooks quit.

I’m not seriously the person who has worked here the longest at a heaping 4 years even though I get an living allowance from my parents plus work as a secretary for my adoptive brother.

I sigh, “I guess I’m a work alcoholic this way.”

Though I love this restaurants food and truthfully they were failing until I started working here.

I come to work here from Friday night to Sunday night.

The family that works here don’t know who I am they just think I’m a university kid who’s working through school.

They seem to really like me since I saved their restaurant and made it a hot spot for teenagers to come.

I smile when I see Kyung, Jongin, and Kim walk through the doors.

I push up my blocky glasses that I wear for the fun of it.

R0n1QnxmCJmDue7MqNtwVFpdEaLQ-ZAjn9FT2DWh

“Hey guys what’s up?”

They smile at me as they sit at the counter in back of the shop that’s connected to the kitchen.

“So how has the shop been today?”

“It’s been as busy as always which I really love about this shop cause is seems whenever I’m here is when we make the goal for the day. Let’s forget about that. What do you guys want?”

They look at the menu that I created for people who first eat here.

As they tell me their orders and I start cooking everything up the other help shows up.

“Chanyeol, what took you so long?”

“Sorry… I kind of got held up at school.”

“I don’t care about that Chanyeol. It’s just you know how it is on weekends so I don’ want any this today. You also could have sent me a message I keep my phone by me at all times.”

He nods his head and flashes me a smile, “Sorry. Boss.”

I chuck his apron at him, “Get to work before the real boss lady comes in.”

He nods his head and I clock him in.

As the night goes on and business finally hits the slow last few hours of the day I sigh in relief.

“Finally, so why are you guys staying here?”

“We wanted to spend some more time with you today also these 2 are hiding from Kai’s parents,” Kyungsoo says to me.

I nod my head, “His parents somewhat scare me.”

Kim laughs, “That’s hard to do counting who her adoptive parents are.”

“Who?” Jongin and Kyungsoo ask simultaneously.

“No one important really they aren’t really parents if you think about it. It’s more of a job than anything.”

My phone goes off and I see it’s my adoptive brother, “Yoboseyo.”

“Ahh good you answered look mom and dad want to talk to you about that restaurant that you work in.”

“What about it?”

“I’m not sure… but I’m a bit worried since you love it so much.”

“Alright I’ll visit them.”

Before I hang up Suho adds, “Oh before I forget they also want to set up some kind of date for you.”

“Tell them I have a boyfriend already,”

“Really and who would that be?”

I look at Kyungsoo and put my phone to my shoulder, “Can you act?”

He nods his head, “Yeah, why?”

“I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend.”

“Why?”

“My parents are setting up one of those date things.”

He looks at me before going, “Fine.”

“Thank you.”

“You so are going to owe me,” he tells me being completely serious.

“Name your price,” I pull my phone back to my ear after our short conversation, “Ahh his name is Kyungsoo. I should be at the house in an hour or so since I need to change from my work clothing.”

“You do that, sis,” Suho tells me.

I sigh as I hang up the phone, “I’m so going to die by the end of the night.”

“Why?”

“Cause I told my brother to tell my parents that I’m dating someone cause they want to set me up with someone. Last time I allowed that to happen I ended up losing my mind.”

“Why?” Kyungsoo asks me.

“Cause he was such a bore only wanting to talk about his work. I think he did it on purpose, but he didn’t expect me to spill my hot tea into his lap cause he was ticking me off.”

Kim laughed, “Oh is that the guy who had you said stalked you.”

I shiver, “No, that guy was from one of the very first dates they set me up on in high school. Remember it took me slamming his hands in our apartment door to make him stop it.”

“Oh then there was that guy that was really gay and just went on the date with you cause his parents made him.”

“True, he’s an amazing guy I’m friends with him remember.”

“Yeah. I know still oh which reminds me how’s the bakery doing?”

“Really good though his parents about his life choice…. Why did you have to mention it now I want some cupcakes from there?”

She laughs, “Good cause when I mentioned him I wanted some to.”

I check the time and look at the boss lady and Chanyeol, “Would it be alright if I leave early today?”

They look at the time completely shocked before nodding their heads, “Yeah. I hope you enjoy whatever your planning.”

I nod my head as I clock out at 9 on the dot, “So do I.”

As we leave I lead them to my car since they walked here.

As we all jump in I shout, “Time for the best cupcakes of your life.”

When we finally reach the bakery I smile, “Jaeshin are you here?”

He looks pops up from behind the counter and smiles at me, ‘I was just about to close up for the night.”

xOww5eDvbKG2d6-AoPx7ijq3VfUXNbPLXmXFdnjQ

“Could I get away with ordering some cupcakes.”

“Oh god who got dumped?”

I shake my head, “No one… Except I’m facing my parents tonight.”

Jaeshin shivers as he looks at me, “You’ll need more than my cupcakes to make you feel better.”

I laugh as I look at him, “Well they’re all I’m planning on buying… along with some cookies.”

“Okay the usual then?”

I shake my head, “Can you double it?”

When he looks up I point to the two boys and he nods his head, “Hello I’m Jaeshin and you are?”

“I’m Jongin I’m Kim’s boyfriend.”

Jaeshin nods his head, “Well I heard a lot about you from these girls and I have to say you look better in person. If you ever get tired of them you can always come to me.”

Kim goes to jump over the counter when Jongin grabs her by the waist, “Thanks but I’m perfectly happy with my girlfriend.”

Jaeshin nods his head then looks at Kyungsoo, “I’m Do Kyungsoo I’m friends with them.”

I notice Jaeshin’s face change to something before he smiles, “Well Kyungsoo it’s nice to meet you… Please take care of these 2 troublemakers.”

“Ya,” Kim and I shout at him at the same time.

Jaeshin’s POV

Seeing the only 2 girls that I like as long as I have come into m bakery makes me really happy.

I also got to meet Kim’s boyfriend who Eun Mi and I are always teasing her about. He’s better than I thought and I have to say I’m kind of jealous that she has arm candy like that.

The other guy they came in with Kyungsoo seems to have eyes for Eun Mi and I almost want to tell him that she doesn’t love until I notice when he introduces himself Eun Mi frowned when he said friend.

Trust me for Eun Mi that means a hell of a lot more than it would on any other girl, because Eun Mi has never been in love before.

She’s very reserved type of person.

When I call the girls troublemakers they yell at me causing me to laugh.

“What remember what happened after I first opened my bakery?”

They tap their chins like they don’t remember.

“You took a 2 tubs of frosting and covered the entire bakery with it while doing all kinds of designs.”

“It wasn’t frosting. It was a mixture of powder and water colors. We did it cause you opened on Valentine’s day and we wanted to surprise you. You didn’t clean it until the next day.”

They guys look surprised and I smile as I finish boxing up the cupcakes and cookies.

I go to tell her the price and she hands me the correct amount.

I laugh as I look at her, “You order this too much don’t you.”

She nods her head as she smiles, “Thanks Jaeshin. I’ll see you later.”

I wave to her and smile. When she leaves I smile slightly more surprised that we became friends after our botched match making date our parents made us go to.

Still my little girl fell in love I’m so proud of her… Though I have to say finally.

I messaged Kim to tell me when Kyungsoo and Eun Mi start dating to message me.

Kim happily agreed.