Our Problems

I want a Da Vinci

Your POV

“Come on,” Kim yells at me as she tries to pull me out of bed.

Finally I give up and toss the blanket off me and hit her with my pillow, “Fine, Kim but explain to me again why you have to meet your boyfriend so early again on the other side of Seoul.”

Kim is silent and I know the problem.

“Parents or sister this time?”

“I don’t know he wouldn’t tell me.”

“He needs to stop acting like a child and face his parents about him dating you… or they are just worried that they might have a daughter-in-law named Kim Kim.”

“Shut up,” she whines more as she lightly pushes me with her shoulder as I walk over to her to pull my clothing from her hands.

“So is he staying over at Kyungsoo’s again?”

“Yeah, it’s easier for him,” she tells me with a look on her face.

“It’s easier for him, but is it easy for you?’

“What do you mean?”

“I mean is it easy for you to be with him, but his parents and sisters having something to say whenever you’re going to meet.”

“It’s not that bad,” she tries to reason with me.

“Not that bad. It’s 6 in the morning and you want to drive across town so you can spend at least an hour or 2 with your boyfriend before his family shows up at Kyungsoo’s like that do every time Jongin pulls this.”

“Eun Mi, you’d know what you’d do for someone you love if you’d ever been in love.”

Almost like a slap in the face I look at her and nod my head, “You’re right. I don’t know what it’s like to be in love. I don’t know what it’s like want to see those you love since I’m an orphan. I don’t know who my parents are or what they look like, but the family that took me in just to give me a home and a chance to get out of the orphanage I want to prove to them that I’m a good smart kid.”

“Eun Mi, there’s more to you than that. You’re an amazing language degree just because you wanted to help out at that family’s company and you even have a position as a secretary for the Vice President of the company who’s the son of the man that took you in. There’s more to that family than you think Eun Mi.”

“Look I need to get dressed and so do you so let me do that and then we’ll continue this heartfelt conversation in the car.”

Kim gives me a look before she storms out of my room and I know she’ll try to continue the conversation later.

I sigh when I change into my white sweater, grey shorts and leggings, and slipped on a pink beanie.

ebs1pQ86JTdMSsO_gqGB3McTf9cXRIsOGgMm5rRw

I look at Kim to see that she changed her clothing as well into a simple pair of black pants and a red sweater.

5Z0h4sweYrXPjF1BXEXuKUmPMIJePlIkzylz28QX

“You look cute,” I tell her as I slip on a simple pair of white converse.

“Thank you… So do you,” she says back to me as she puts on her red converse.

We look at our feet and start laughing a bit, “Well it looks like we match now let’s get to Kyungsoo’s before I start to get hungry.”

“Why want to clear out his fridge again?”

I give her a sour look since she knows that I’ve done that to Kyungsoo a few times already since Kim and Jongin have been hiding their still dating from their parents at his place. To think about it they don’t even know where I live do they.

I inwardly shrug my shoulders as I unlock my car and start the engine, “So do we have time to stop for food?”

I hear Kim sigh, “Is that all that’s ever on your mind and no we don’t hope Kyungsoo has food ready.”

I would hit her but we don’t need a hitting match while I’m driving.

As I drive into the underground parking garage connected to Kyungsoo’s apartment I kick Kim out of my car as I exit and lock it.

“What was that for pushing me out of that car like that?”

“You would have sat there trying to fight with yourself about if you’d see him today and I did not just drive all the way over here for you to chicken out on me.”

Kim gives me an evil glare knowing that I’m right and that she would have fought with herself if she’d see her boyfriend at all today.

She looks at me as we walk through the parking garage, “So Eun Mi what’s your type?”

“I guess… Someone like Kyungsoo who’s caring, can cook, has somewhat of a twisted sense of humor like his, take care of me, will pick fun with me… Oh though I would like it if he could draw really well.”

“Like… their friend Kris from Canada,” she pokes at me.

“No… A self-proclaimed Picasso who’s art looks worse than my nephew’s is not my type. I want a Da Vinci not a Picasso.”

“Yeah he is a bit conceited isn’t he?”

We laugh as we turn the corner to see Kyungsoo and Jongin waiting for us.

“Hey, guys how are you doing?”

I smile at them ignoring the burning feeling in my cheeks.

“We’re good except someone keeps telling me that I need to get myself a boyfriend.”

“Ya,” Kim looks at Kyungsoo, “Kyungsoo-ah don’t you think that Eun Mi needs a boyfriend. She’s already 21 and isn’t dating anyone.”

“Ya, he’s not dating anyone and he’s a few months older than me.”

Kim looks at Kyungsoo and I give him an apology look and he simply glares at me.

Kim looks between us as she says, “The 2 of you should just date then. You’d be perfect for each other plus I think then Eun Mi might feel less guilty about eating all your food.”

I hit her arm hard and Jongin glares at me and I glare at him and he backs off.

Eun Mi: 1

Jongin: 0

Kyungsoo looks between us and I notice a small smile appears on his lips. It was one of his innocent smiles so he must have seen our little interaction and thought it was funny.

He looks at me as he asks, “Did you guys eat at all?”

“No… Kim started with one of her rants so we didn’t have time.”

“Well lucky for you I just cooked some breakfast and made enough for thee two of you.”

“Are you sure it’s going to be enough?” Kim asks him and I hit her.

“Shut up… I don’t eat that much it’s only like that when I have track or something active that I eat a lot.”

“Sure… that’s why?”

I hit her head slightly as I glare at her for making that statement.

“It’s not my fault I like Kyungsoo’s food better than my own.”

Kim has nothing to say since she also kind of grew up with me cooking for her then she started to eat Kyungsoo’s cooking and told me straight out that she liked his cooking way better than my own. I have to agree with her that Kyungsoo’s cooking has something that mine is missing.

I laugh as we enter Kyungsoo’s apartment and it’s the same as before but there’s something again different about it.

“Did you do something new with your apartment?” I ask him.

He nods his head as we walks over to the kitchen, “Yeah, I redid the walls since the small paint accident with the guys.”

“Oh… sorry about leaving those here I didn’t mean to and when I asked Kim and Jongin to get rid of them I didn’t mean to throw them at each other.”

“I guessed as much when Kim begged me not to get mad at you for Jongin and her ‘fun.’”

“They didn’t do anything else with the paint and that did they?”

He shrugs as he sets down a plate and bowl of rice on the table in front of me.

“Thank you.”

Slowly Kyungsoo starts talking for once it wasn’t about anything really except things we like. It was almost like a first date. If I’d ever been on first date.

I laugh a bit as we joke around but how people think our personalities are innocent but really we are almost like a polar opposite of what that.

“I can’t believe you thought that I was a preppy watch my weight type of person,” I whine.

Kyungsoo simply laughs a bit, “Well you thought I was an innocent little kid who only liked cooking.”

“True… true how about a truce.”

“Alright deal.”

He says as he takes my hand in his own and I chuckle as we shake them.

As we sit there and talk about a few more things I hear Kim shout something and I jump up.

As I race into the living room Kim is on the ground with Jongin’s 3 dogs on her.

I laugh and walk over to them, “It’s not that bad is it.”

“Of course not,” Kim says as she carefully sits up, “but when you’re sitting not paying attention then tackled by them then there is a slight problem.”

“Oh come on you should always expect the puppies to pop out of nowhere since Jongin loves them so much.”

Kim nods her head, “True.”

I look around for Jongin but don’t see him anywhere, “Where is he anyway?”

“Talking with his sister since she brought over the puppies,” she mumbles.

“Ahh… Well you’re only a year older than him so that’s not the problem…. Maybe it’s cause you smell.”

She gives me a glare but not after smelling herself, “I take showers daily… I work for a living while I go to school and I’m top of my class. I have a clear career path. Why doesn’t his family like me?”

“I’m not sure maybe it’s too perfect for them to believe that there’s something in your past. Maybe it’s about your dad or your mom who knows.”

“Why would that be I’m an orphan just like you adopted by the same family? I was just lucky and I was only in the orphanage from when I was 11 to 12 while you were in there since you were 5 from to when you were 11.”

I nod my head as I look over at her, “We should probably go. I have to go to school and you have work.”

I look at Kyungsoo and smile, “Thanks for having us over. Sorry I didn’t finish the food. Umm… How about you guys come eat at the restaurant tonight and I’ll cook you up something special.”

“Sure… Can I ask for your phone number?”

I stop pushing Kim and realize that I never gave Kyungsoo my number, “Oh yeah,” I quickly write down my number on a piece of paper and hand it to, “Here… Message me later okay. Sorry but we really do need to run.”

As I leave the apartment I feel like my chest is being crushed with how tight it feels and how fast my heart is beating.

When we are at my car the pain doesn’t seem to lessen, “Kim… Why does my chest feel like this?”

“Feel like what?”

“Constricted… I mean sure I never told Kyungsoo and that about our past… Sure they didn’t’ know about our past. I never gave Kyungsoo my number until today and when my hand touched his slightly.”

Kim simply looks at me with a cocky smile, “Figure it out on your own.”

“What Kim help a sister out?”

She looks at me and chuckles, “Nope. This is something that only you can figure out on your own.”

I glare over at her as I slip into my car and lock the doors, “Then should you find a different ride to work.”

“Come on Eun Mi. Are you really being like this cause of your conflicted feelings that are confusing you?”

I sigh as I unlock my door, “Problems just keep piling up don’t they for us.”

Kim nods her head as she buckles her seat belt, “Yeah… but it seems that they might start solving themselves without much help from us.”