Man who came to bring the stars???

He's Losing The Game

 

Chanyeol let out a sigh as he laid on his bed; his energy drained due to all the house work that day. They just transferred to their new house and he just got finished arranging all his things. This house is a little bigger, and the neighborhood is quieter. There is one thing he didn’t like though, his room is painted pink. He would definitely like it better if it was blue.

 

He looked around and gave time to admire his handsome picture which was hanged on top of his desk. It was a picture he took about three years ago. He still looked the same, but a lot of things have changed about him. He was once a timid young man who never stepped out of his box—not until somebody came and knocked his door.  He opened up and explored the world, only to end up hurt.

 

He let out another sigh as he realized that his mind was getting too cheesy.  He stood up and decided to have a walk outside. He grabbed the first shirt his hands held and found his way downstairs.

 

“Oppa, where are you going?”

 

He turned to see his younger sister lying on the couch, with a bag of chips on her hands. She was watching a drama on the television. “Tsk, we just ate dinner, and now you’re eating again? You’ll get fat in no time,” he teased as he made his way towards the door.

 

“Mind your own business, ahjussi!” she plainly said as she continued eating. “Where are you going?”

 

“Mind your own business, you little brat,” he replied. He smirked at her as she turned to glare at him. He continued his way to the door, only to find his mother talking to somebody outside. “Mom, I am going out for a wa—,” he stopped midway as he got a clearer view of who his mother was talking to. “Oh!”

 

Yoora looked as surprised as he was.

 

“Yoora?!” he finally exclaimed, breaking the silence.

 

His mother looked at him and back to their visitors and then back to him. “Channie, you know them?”

 

Chanyeol’s face lit up. He smiled at his mom as he made his way out of the door and stood between Yoora and Baekhyun. “I don’t know him,” he said as he pointed at Baekhyun and then faced Yoora, “But I know her. Mom, meet Yoora, my girlfriend,” he cheerfully said and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, but she immediately hit his stomach with her elbows. “Ouch!” he cried as he rubbed his tummy.

 

“Good evening, ma’am. I am Yoora, and this is Baekhyun. We are Chanyeol’s classmates.” They bowed as they greeted her. “And I’m sorry for hitting your son in front of you, but I thought he needed it.”

 

Mrs. Park looked at them with an amused smile.  “Oh well, come in.”

 

--

 

“Her name is Chanyoung,” Yoora said as Taejun approached them. He was actually waiting for them outside her house. His stomach ache was all a lie, he just didn’t have the courage to go there. It was almost nine in the evening when they left Chanyeol’s house. She knew a lot of new things about Chanyeol that day. His mother really talks a lot like him and spoiled a lot of his secrets to them; including his fear of ghosts and bugs. She can’t help but chuckle as she remembered how Chanyeol tried to defend himself.

 

“Oh, Chanyoung. Her name’s pretty, just like her,” Taejun sighed.

 

“Aigoo, my brother is grown up now,” Baekhyun teased as he jokingly pushed his younger brother.

 

Taejun grinned, “Of course, just like you hyung.” He stuck his tongue out and immediately ran away from them. “Hyung, I’m going home first!”

 

Baekhyun sighed as he shook his head. “Tsk, that kid really. Tsk.”

 

Yoora looked at him curiously as she noticed that he was blushing, “Hey, you also have someone you like?” When their eyes met, he immediately looked away. “Oh, why are you so shy? Do you really have someone you like? Wow, who?” she teased as she jokingly poked on his arms.

 

Baekhyun shook his head defensively, “No! Don’t believe that kid.”

 

“Ey, but you’re blushing.”

 

He sighed. “Alright, I admit! I have someone I like! But I’m not telling you who.” He suddenly felt embarrassed saying those words and immediately coughed. “Oh, It’s getting late. I’m going home. Bye.”

 

Yoora chuckled as she watched him walk away. He casually looked back at her until he was completely out of sight. As far as she could remember, this was the first time Baekhyun admitted that he has someone he likes. That thought alone made her all excited. Aigoo, I’m definitely going to know who that girl is, she thought.

 

As she went inside their house, she noticed that their kitchen was still lit up. She peeked in by the door and saw her father eating dinner. He’s got the same straight look on his face but she noticed the stress marks on his face. She sighed. It had been years since the last time they ate together. She could still remember that it was on the night before her mother died.

 

“Have you eaten yet?”

 

She looked back and saw that her father was now looking at her. She nodded, “Yes, I ate at our new neighbor’s house.”

 

“Alright,” he plainly said and went back to his food.

 

It had always been like this since then. They rarely talked, and when they do, it barely counts as a conversation. When her mother died, it also seemed like his father did as well.

 

She lay on her bed, feeling tired when suddenly, her phone vibrated. It was a text message.

 

From: Dog Poo >:D

Hey babes, good to know we’re neighbors now.

I can now see you more.

 

Yoora rolled her eyes. Here goes Chanyeol again with his spam messages.

 

To: Dog Poo >:D

You just gave me a reason not to go out of the house anymore. Tsk.

 

After what seemed like seconds, he immediately replied.

 

From: Dog Poo >:D

Then I’m just gonna come and visit you there.

I’ll be like a man who can bring the stars for you.

 

Tsk! Lame, she thought as she shook her head jokingly. She then immediately slapped herself as she realized that she was smiling unconsciously as she was reading his messages.

 

To: Dog Poo >:D

Then bring it! :P

 

It had been quite a couple of minutes since she pressed ‘send’, but he still didn’t send in a reply. It was quite unusual for someone like him who instantly replies.  She almost dropped her phone when she suddenly heard a noise. It sounded like somebody threw something on her window.

 

Robber? ?

 

She took a deep breath as she approached the window and peeked outside, only to find him there.

 

Park Chanyeol.

 

It felt like time stopped for her when she saw him. She felt weird. It was as if there were many butterflies on her stomach. She was so fixated when she saw him there, standing outside their house, holding up stars that looked like he just cut out from old magazines. He just stood there, with the usual smirk on his face, but this time, she’s pretty sure it didn’t look annoying as it used to.

 

What’s this? I think I need to go for a check-up. My heart, it’s beating oddly. 

 


GAHHHH, this chapter. I KENNOT. ;A;