1 Year Later

Fall Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The tiny hut buzzed with startled gasps and overjoyed tears. Their lone patient had finally woken.

The young girl who watched her wake to conciousness ran outside, panicking. "Halmoni! Halmoni!" She cried.

The elder woman stood up from her chair and looked at her granddaughter. "What is it, Eunji? What's wrong?"

Eunji breathed deeply. "She-- the girl, Halmoni! She's awake! Like really awake!"

The grandmother quickly rushed back into their small hut to see for her own eyes. Startled, she stood frozen at the door, seeing the young woman sit up from her bed.

The woman, sat up on the bed, raised her thin hands to her head. "Where am I?" She asked, confused.

"My child..." The elder woman gasped. "I don't blame you for not remembering the last two years....but do you at least remember your own name?"

The woman looked at her solemnly. "Two years?" She asked.

Eunji, who stood next to her grandmother, silently nodded, still very surprised the woman woke up.

Halmoni carefully kneeled next to the young woman. "What's your name, child?" She asked again.

The young woman cringed as she began to try and remember her name. "N-name?" She cried. "I-I don't know! I don't know my name!" She sobbed.

Eunji began to cry. "U-unnie! Don't cry! Please....you'll remember later..." 

"Eunji.." Halmoni began. "Go get her water and call your little brother." 

The young girl nodded her head and quickly left the small room. 

"Young girl....don't push yourself too hard. It will only hurt more. You'll remember your name later on, don't worry." Halmoni cooed.

The young woman continued to cry and sob into her hands. After a while, she looked up. Confusion still written all over her face.

"Who are you?" She managed. "Where am I, and what happened?"

Grandmother smiled at her sincerely, as she began to calm down. "I am Lee Seojin. Grandmother to Lee Eunji and Lee Kwang So. You've been here for nearly a year; Here in my and my grandchildren's small hut." She explained.

The young woman smiled sadly as she wiped her tears. "Thank you...." She paused. "I was in a coma?" She asked.

The older woman nodded sadly. "We found you unconscious at the nearby shore. We would have brought you to a hospital.....but we don't have the money. I'm sorry..."

The young woman shook her head. "I'm thankful that you've found me...."

"We would have found your family and friends, but news doesn't really come by here, you see?"

"Family and friends?" She bit her lip.

Halmoni nodded. 

She looked down. "I'm not even sure if I have any of those...."

Halmoni smiled at her. "Well, now you do. We've taken care of you for a long time now. You're one of now."

She smiled at the elder happily. "Thank you....

4 Months later

She flashed the little boy her famous eye-smile, as she pinched his cheeks. "Ahhh, Kwang So-ah!" She cried. "I'm going to miss you a lot!!"

"Yah, unnie! How about me?" Eunji yelled.

She looked at the girl and smirked. "You're 18, Eunji. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want a 26 year old pinching your cheeks anymore." She laughed. "Kwang So is only 10, so it works for him---"

"That's not what I meant, Tiffany-unnie!" The girl whined.

Ahh....Tiffany. Hwang Tiffany. Hwang Miyoung--- Stephanie Hwang Miyoung. She remembered her name two months into consciousness, but persisted on being called Tiffany. 'Hwang Miyoung' was a bit too special....as if there was only one person who could ever call her that. But other than her name, all she remembered were bits and pieces. 

She recalled a deep voice talking to her sweetly, as well as one of a kid's. But, it was all very vague...

Granma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter