i.

Opposites Attract

chapter 1 : The Teacher's Call

Hyura's POV

 

I can't believe I'm late again for school! I was so sure I set all my three alarms for today last night. Why is it so hard for me to wake up? Thanks to my unbelieveably heavy eyes who refuse to open early in the morning, I am now sprinting my way to school, hoping that I can make it there just in time.

 

Okay, as a matter of fact, that's not going to happen. I just took a glimpse at my G-SHOCK watch and I immediately knew that I'm already 10 minutes late. Oh boy, I'm really going to be in deep trouble!

 

Wait a minute, I think I forgot to introduce myself. Silly me. The name's Park Hyura, a healthy 17-year-old (I'm still young T_T) high school student who apparently, isn't the main character of this story. What a pity, right? The author pleaded me yesterday to help her narrate this fanfic of hers in my point of view, and boy, you should see her face when she came to me. (a/n: Shut up! Just do what I told you to...) Okay, okay, sorry. Anyway, this is a story about a best friend of mine and mind you, she's not exactly your average typical teenage girl, if you know what I'm saying.

 

Her name is Choi Yoonji. 5'3 with an enviably slender figure. She's actually really cute, but her beauty remain concealed behind those big, thick-rimmed glasses. And of course, she's no ordinary girl. I mean, girls her age (like me) would spend their time like most 17-year-old girls do, like I don't know, maybe shopping, going out to the movies, watching korean dramas or perhaps fangirling over their favourite KPOP groups (like me... kekeke... personally I love EXO, my bias is D.O, what about you?) . But this girl is absolutely nothing like that.

 

There's only one thing she does in her life.

 

Studying.

 

Yes, and that's it. Sounds boring, isn't it? I don't think she really enjoyed her life. Well, at least that's what I honestly thought. I mean, she literally studies all day. No fun, no entertainment. It's like as if she devoted her life to her studies. If it's me, trust me, I would've gone crazy. And she's been like that since I could remember. We were friends since childhood, and I never seen her doing anything apart from that. She never talked about boys like most girls her age would, let alone her love life and secret crushes. She's really quiet by nature, not to mention being extremely shy. But despite all that, I became really good friends with her. And this story is going to be all about her.

 

Okay, now back to the story. So, after some time running with all my heart, I finally arrived at the school gate. I panted heavily, desperately gasping for air in front of the gate. I felt breathless and sweaty, but the worst has yet to come. Just as I'm about to walk towards the school entrance, I spotted Mr. Gu crossing his hands right in front of me. Not this grumpy old man!

 

"Miss Park, you're late again."

 

There he goes. Oh boy.

 

"Yes, Mr. Gu. I'm sorry." and I made a 90 degree bow right after I said that.

 

To my surprise, he made a hand gesture, telling me to enter. What? Is he not going to punish me? However, instead of walking past that old man, I just stood there, looking like an idiot.

 

"What are you doing? Go!"

 

"Ah, yes. Thank you sir."

 

Feeling absolutely relieved, I quickly made my way to my class. Suddenly, I heard the old man's voice behind me.

 

"Miss Park, wait..."

 

I turned around. "Yes, sir?"

 

"Please tell Choi Yoonji, I want to see her after class today."

 

"Yes, I'll tell her." And I made another quick bow before rushing to my class.

 

 

 

(a/n: Park Hyura is Choi Yoonji's friend. Choi Yoonji is the main character. I'm saying this just in case you get confused)