case 14 - 5

Nirvana

The purple aura shot to the sky in a tower of light.

Black clouds swirled around its shine, slapping the earth with lightning and thunders. Daesung was a prey caught in a storm, swaying left and right with each step further from us. Even if he wanted to become the hero, he was still human and lightning hitting him couldn’t possibly give him an advantage. Daesung’s fears, his wishes, his everything filled the atmosphere and I captured each of them. His soaked clothes, his soaked hair, the dried blood on his skin were all lost in shadows as the purple energy destroyed everything in its path.

I closed my eyes and felt my feet leave the ground. Soon, I was inside the chaos rushing from within me. Distant cries layered upon each other to create a powerful sound, which made everything stand still for a few seconds.

It was the Dragon’s cry of battle.

Jaejoong’s proud smile dropped in a straight line while his eyes mirrored the terror before him. With a shaking hand, he threatened to hurt Changmin, to carve his flesh using his sharp nails and end the child’s life if I dared make a move.

To be honest, it was strange.

I felt no remorse or worry, no hate or anger. Serenity became my main trait, as if the entire world bowed down and offered itself as tribute for the new ruler.

Every single thought crossed my mind. Every single emotion that escaped in the Three Worlds became mine.

Yet, their weight had not crushed me like before.

“I’ll kill him!” Jaejoong’s voice came out distorted through the veil of purple. “I really will!”

When I battled the demon and traced once more the line between the Three Worlds had I felt the same power surge through my veins.

My hands glowed white like back then.

My entire body slowly decayed from being inside the purple energy.

Yet, my hands stayed warm.

“You won’t,” I spoke in his head “because you won’t have time.”

True to my words, all of Jaejoong’s wings scattered after I snapped my fingers. He soon let go of Changmin and was falling to the ocean. The child hovered in air as I redirected him at Daesung’s side.

Before Jaejoong could join Jung Min under the water, I stopped him too and brought him back, pulling him inside the aura.

He yelled the moment he entered, his flesh rotting away. My arms got around him from behind.

“Do you know what my mother said to fear most?”

“We have no mother,” he hissed and shouted some more, followed by the same sinister laughter. This time, it sounded forced and more out of pain than pleasure. It sounded like he laughed in Death’s face, even if his faith had already been decided.

“Wrong,” he hissed some more. “She told me to fear humans. She told me they are capable of everything and anything. She told me they are the worst.”

“Let go!”

“And you know what? She was right. They are the worst.”

“LET GO OF ME, LET GO.”

“They have the most powerful weapon in the world.”

Jaejoong’s sentences became screams. Screams of agony, screams of the chaos I had forced him to remember. He screamed his greeting for the world he had once came from.

“They love. And this is why you should fear me too.”

Somewhere down there, I knew Changmin and Daesung were fine: not great and not bad… just fine. They no longer needed me.  

“Because I have learned from them how to love.”

The Chaos Master became silent. Warm browns were replacing the indigo hues in his eyes, fixed on an upward point.

“Now it’s time you learn it too.” The energy dimmed with each passing minute.

The sky cleared. Clouds dispersed and let sunrise color the black waves ruby. Crouching over the beach, I placed Jaejoong’s body over the sand. He looked peaceful even when he became white ash and joined the morning ocean breeze in its dance.

I turned around and smiled at Daesung and Changmin. They smiled back, only to become fragments of memories, fading alongside the ashes.

An illusion… They had been an illusion, one created by either Jaejoong or my own selfish desires.

Ah… they were only an illusion… illusion… that means they hadn’t seen me.

G-Dragon hid his wings and stepped forward.

“You look horrible…” he noted. My skin cracked in several places. Yet, I was still a beauty compared to everybody else, right? Haha… my sense of humor was dying with my body. “Where’s Jung Min?”

Oh.

.

.

.

.