case 12 / END

Nirvana

Okay, who is the wise ruler of the Other World that decided to transport my fatigue not-so-wandering soul back in the ballroom? I hadn’t died or went in a coma, so how the heck am I floating in that devastated building? Broken columns, broken stairs, broken everything. Had I involuntarily exchanged a moment of peace surrounded by my loved ones to witness that? Eyeing the culprit, he used a more elegant variant of the same old reaper blade to keep his balance. Death knew I was there, oh he knew, from the way he glanced in my direction and then pretended to be looking somewhere else.

How fascinating is that demolished scenery, isn’t it Death?

I HOPE YOU GET ON YOUR KNEES AND BEG FOR ME TO STOP.

I HOPE IT BURNS YOUR EARS AND YOU END UP HEARING MY VOICE EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

STOP IGNORING ME YOU PIECE OF DEMON CHEWED ROTTEN CRAP!

The not so great ruler stared at me and, for once, his face didn’t match the stone around in its polished beauty for it finally twisted in a disgusted grimace.

“…who taught you that?” the question echoed around before it hit me straight in the face with the power of a thousand winds. Swayed until I went through a wall, my nerves had reached their snapping point for there was no more patience left inside my… well, not body, since I’M A FREAKING GHOST, WHAT THE DEATH?

One hand pulled me back to where the ruler was, still leaning against the blade as the battle cooled down. The finger Death gave me signaled for me to shut up and watch where he pointed. The gang he had with their pretty masks and pretty outfits had fallen.

Victorious were those that crashed the party and were assembling before Death, wings disappearing behind every reaper. They formed a circle around us.

Okay, still, it’s Death, they cannot take him down… or kill him for that matter.

Right?

He lifted the blade enough to push it back through me.

HE FREAKING STABBED ME WITH A FREAKING REAPER BLADE.

However, I hadn’t vanished. Instead, it pinned me on spot and allowed me to enjoy the massacre that was about to commence from the front row.

SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE DEATH?

“Listen to me,” oh, I got it. That way, I wasn’t floating anywhere else. But isn’t that a really bad idea when you’re surrounded by reapers? “They cannot see you,” good, that’s refreshing, what else? They cannot send me into oblivion either? “Stop acting like a and LISTEN!”

Fine, speak oh mighty ruler of my brains.

Alas, he couldn’t. Death was too busy choking.

Actually, how can he choke? I swear my logic no longer existed around that bastard.

It also was extremely cold… I shouldn’t be able to feel anything, but it was really, really… cold.

And there it was, the source of our pain. Reapers scattered to make way for their commander. Blue eyes reflected purple shades as he lowered his hand and released Death from his invisible grasp. The ruler collapsed on his knees and coughed away. True to his words, the creature could not sense me at all, though I could very well. He oozed of an unbalanced soul and as stupid as it might sound, it terrified me.

“You are so weak, Junsu,” he spoke softly as the one Daesung called Jaejoong crouched before the ruler and cupped his chin. “Your reapers are poor copies of my masterpieces. It hasn’t taken me long to figure out their system and manipulate them to my desire.”

“It seems I have been betrayed,” Death – well, Junsu, I’ll just call him that – “unless they have all been rewired to your little schemes.”

“Little?” Jaejoong scoffed and let go of Junsu. Four reapers rushed to tie him with silver chains. “The only little thing in this room is the reaper who decided to take over the throne.”

“What can I say,” there it was, that smirk which frustrated me countless of times during our random meetings “I no longer wanted to be your puppet.”

Jaejoong grabbed Junsu’s throat.

“You still are one of the reapers I created when the title of Death belonged to me, Junsu. You really believed I could follow your orders?”

“I’m a romantic.”

Yeah and I like to eat fairies for dinner.

“Where are the rest?”

“I killed them all~” Junsu purred with delight. Jaejoong let go and his eyes finally settled on indigo.

“Whom received your energy?”

“The Dragon.”

Jaejoong punched him. Junsu ended on his back as Jaejoong pulled him back for another punch. Talk about one on one, even between mighty creatures.

“Only a Chaos Master can control the Dragon, you insolent toy. And the only other Chaos Master besides myself is too weak to do so.”

“So you’ve finally transferred part of your energy too, what a delight.”

From what I understand, Death is not… Death. Jaejoong is the true Death or, at least, the first possessor of that title and then Junsu somehow stole the title and became the new ruler. Junsu is a reaper too, or was at one point and then he evolved into Death? if I know, it was kind of fun to see Jaejoong applying blow after blow after Junsu’s mockery words ruined everybody’s mood.

“Who’s the new Death, Junsu? Speak!”

The discussion was heating up. When I was about to find out more, something pulled me away from their meeting. Junsu saw me as my spirit struggled to shoot to the sky before he returned his gaze upon Jaejoong and whispered a single thing, which, amazingly, reverberated as I faded away.

“You’ll know when death comes after you.”

Tears furiously rolled down my cheeks when Jaejoong grabbed Junsu’s blade and it down his throat.

I screamed when my head felt like exploding. Waves after waves of energy flipped my eyelids open.

“Sooyoung, calm down,” Jung Min pressed down on my shoulders “it’s alright, we’re safe.”

Bed… I… was in a bed, inside a room.

“Changmin…” Daesung’s voice came from the other side “…Changmin healed you.”


Change of POV next chapter ◕‿◕