today he wakes up

super short stories

jongin feels that time is slipping through his fingers like soft sand, each tiny grain another memory that he wishes to keep with him (they say you can’t hold everything in one hand - )


today he wakes up with his alarm clock beeping in his ear, as usual.

intensely rubbing his eyes as though it will keep him awake for the next 19 hours, he tries to remember why he even bothers to wake up when all he sees in the day ahead are lessons, tests and Annoying People He Doesn’t Want To Name. he stares at the darkness for one minute, before he snaps out of his sleep-like trance and tries to brainwash himself into believing that everything will be Okay.


“i give up.”

he swears that school is toxic, probably ten times worse than alcohol poisoning. baekhyun raises his eyebrow, while sehun chomps on his sandwich. he wishes that he can rant on and on and on about how he wants to get out of school everyday, but he is too exhausted to do so. it isn’t just sleeping a handful of hours that drives him crazy; it’s the People, the Socializing, or rather the attempt to.

“sometimes don’t you wonder why we choose to walk this path?”

“it’s too late.”


he stares at his work that wouldn’t do itself, and for the next four hours he berates himself for everything possible. he hates this, but he is stuck in quicksand that threatens to swallow him up the more he struggles. it’s a fruitless attempt, and all he can do is sigh and scribble a few legible lines.

tonight he sleeps knowing that today is another day he won’t remember. tomorrow when he wakes up, he will recall only what he wants, for that is the only way he can survive another day. deception is how he lets himself slip through time, and how he lets time slip through his fingertips.


today he wakes up with his alarm clock beeping in his ear, as usual.

 

/based on a true story, not hard to figure out whose
//because feeling like crap