Chapter 2

I'm Going To You

For Krystal, Sehun is her only friend. But for Sehun, Krystal not the only one. Sehun naturally made acquaintance easily, even though he considered cold and calm. Krystal totally okay with it. After all, she not the overprotective and over-demanding friend. Like everybody in school, she didn’t give any chance for another people to know her either. It’s not like Sehun didn’t care about her feelings, but boys are boys and they need same gendered friends for talking about things that not supposed to be heard by the opposite.

In free timed class like now, Sehun will enthusiastically talk to both parties. Sehun will converse about the secretive thing with Krystal and less serious problems with the boys. When I said boys, I actually meant his classmates. The infamous clever heirs. Kris Wu, the eldest, originally from Vancouver, Canada. Kim Junmyun, the class’ president and soon-to-be school’s president. Kim Jongdae, the over-reacted singer. Kim Jongin, Krystal’s archery and model colleague. Do Kyungsoo, 4D short squishy. Kim Minseok, male version of WG’s Sohee. Byun Baekhyun, the bubbly cutie pie. Park Chanyeol, happy virus monstrous-elf. Hwang Zitao, the scary martial man. Zhang Yixing, music freak JPG prince. Lastly Xi Luhan, the manly doe eyed deer. They had personality variety that easily shown.

“Sehun-ah? Can you coming with us to Myeongdeong after school?” Luhan asked him with lot of expectation. There’s only one place in Myeongdeong that the 12 of them enjoyed, the one undeniable in common, Bubble Tea café. If there’s one thing Sehun love in the world beside his self-ego, it’s bubble tea. Someday Soojung sure he would make successful bubble tea café franchise chain.

“Mian hyung, not this time” he reject politely “I had to fetch Soojungie” they instantly gazed to her. She, who groaned cutely, darted full of bewildered. “Why you two staring at me?”

“Is that so Krystal-ah?” His pouted cutely. Yes. He deadly cute. Way too cute to Krystal. She made a face and Luhan just giggled. “It’s actually reallyreallyreally important”

“Tsk, he’s the one who wanted to…” Luhan just silently nodded “But, I think, you should go Hunnie”

“Ani, gwenchana. I can grabbed bubble tea anytime.”

“Nah, I got better idea, how about you coming with us?” Luhan suggested. He, in fact, different with most of the anti-Krystal student. Luhan who grew up in China, had different outlook. For Luhan, Krystal not that bad. No. Not bad at all. For whole 1 year of freshmen, he secretly witnessed how angelic is she for Sehun and Sehun only. Luhan not biased. Not at all. He impressed by her gorgeous smile, kissable lips and clear doe eyes. Not just her look, she had cute giggle and charming voice. He got to admit she perfect suited his type.

“NE?!” She jolted “You sure? I don’t want to bother your friend appetite”

“Well, you’re Sehun’s friend, Sehun’s friend is our friends too”

“But…” she looked away. I thought you hate me.

“What do you think boys?” Luhan asked them “Sure!” they agreed in unison “Why not?” Chanyeol echoed  “Good to have you Krystal!” Baekhyun added.

“What’s the important occasion Luhan?” Krystal’s brows lifted “DO’s birthday”

“It’s today?” Sehun questioned and self palmed himself. Luhan just nodded, winked adorably and made his way back to his seat.

“Do you really okay with it?” Sehun’s anxiety crawled.

“I’m okay. I know you love bubble tea, especially when hangouts with them.” He softened. Sehun is way too thoughtful for her. He way too understanding and caring and- Yes, it’s corrected her point, she didn’t worthy enough for him. His treatment towards her, it’s just too much. Perhaps Sehun is born to be a very good friend or he just pitied her. Only God know why he can stand her.

“But I know you uncomfortable with strangers”

“They are not strangers. They are my classmates.”

“Really? I’m not sure. I’m just…worry” he murmured and shot a concern look directly to her eyes “You’re the edgy-temperamental-hothead Krystal. You’ll rip their bones, break their necks and made huge bruises in their milky-skinned body.”

“Ouch, that hurt. However, I’m all right.” she ensured.

“You won’t be so don’t force it if you don’t want to” He nudged. God, why he nudging? Nudging like an old lady. “Hun, stop being worried ahjumma”

Sehun snorted. He not actually thought it’s a good idea. Krystal can be…vicious. She sensitive and can be offend easily. She had burden in her shoulder, he aware. Being insulted and troubled all the time maybe not bothered her, but it’s will be gain the weight in her chest. “Yah, I’m fine, it’s not like the end of the world”

“Okay…” he mumbled under his breath.

“Stop that!” she snapped “Stop feeling, I don’t know, worry or guilty or fret over nothing. It’s just a stupid appointment…perhaps you don’t want me to be around them?”

“No. Of course not.”

“Then? I knew you been so close to them lately; you love to spend time with that pig head boys. You– No, we have to go.” She softened.

“It’s not–”

“Stop doing that.” She narrowed her eyes and took a quick glance to him “It’s just a tiny little thing that we shouldn’t even fight about.”

“Yeah, you right” he nodded softly and smirk. A surrendering smirk. Why they fight over it by the way?

“It’s that squishy boy birthday and I knew you completely forgot. I’ll buy him some sunglasses or jacket or shoes, I’m sure you had nothing to give also so we can take about 30 minutes strolling around Myeongdeong–”

“Krystal” he snapped, gently yanked her shoulder and intensely looked into pair of asthonishing eyes “Breathe”

Damn. Please don’t do that.

“You being edgy because Kyungsoo’s birthday. That’s new.” He giggled, shown his crescent moon shaped lips and smiley eyes. She loves it. She loves when he smiled wholeheartedly. When that masked worn off. The mask of pokerfaced Sehun. She never figured out why Sehun is that pokerfaced. Sometimes being adult with that calm and cool or so whatever, then for times of bubbly toddler. In one and another way, Sehun gonna be a perfect friend, boyfriend, husband, dad, granddad even great-granddad for her. It’s suited the future mate of a Krystal Jung. If it’s not Krystal, every girl would fall for his bipolarity, he just needs to work it out, uncover his true –bipolar– self can be a start, exposed it to everyone like he did to Soojung. Why he don’t want to? It’s not like Sehun shy, shy is dumb thing to compromise with Sehun. Sehun just too secretive. His dumb hypocrite ty side is just deceiving. Acted with that cold and calm that recognize by this dumber students of Gangnam High as impressive in a charming way. Charming my .

Truth to be told, they annoyed him. Krystal just knew. Krystal knew how he hated to be centre of the attention. He hates girls squeaking in high pitched as much as she did. But he just being, what he always be, nice and care people all around the world feeling. He wouldn’t dare hurt those –not so– innocent fangirls by the ugly truth.

Birthday. Do Kyungsoo birthday. What should she buy? Krystal, in reality, never attended private birthday party. Especially, the one who held actually in her age. She not nervous. Does she? Clearly, yes. “So, what’s D.O. likes?” she leaned closer to Sehun and murmured.

“Hmmm, let me see” he humming while tapping his chin with his index finger “He loved music”

What else he knew about him? Not much. Unlike what he knew about her. He’ll give details infinitely. Her passion in music commence because Corinne Bailey Rae. She can play piano, guitar and harmonica, she wanted to learn violin and harp. She would die to meet Clazziquai especially Horan. Her favorite singer is Christina Aguilera as and her favourite actor is Johnny Depp. She like apple although she allergic to them. Rather than fluffy romance story, she wants a plain one. She said, her ideal type is 180 cm muscular, charming and manly man. She also collects hats but hates to wear it because it’s itchy. She prefers sneakers than high heels. She is fashion freak, her wardrobe three times larger than my bedroom. She speaks English, Chinese and Japanese fluently. She naturally born with physical and sport talents, beside dance, gymnast, archery and basketball, she excellent at high jump and figure skate. She biased to red. She is a good cook, she made- Bottom line, too many things she knew about her. “iPod? Artists signed CD? Vintage black disk?” Krystal blurted rapidly.

“Good idea” Sehun concurred “Wait. Don’t you think it too much for the boy who you never talk to?” He had his point. Krystal never really conversed to Kyungsoo. 

“I do talk to him twice”

“How come I never know?” he twitched his nose and frowned.

“I said ‘excuse me Do Kyungsoo-sshi you blocking the view so move your big ’ and ‘thank you’” she imitated herself. “I just buy him latest version iPod touch”

“What about me then?” he cluelessly pointed himself.

“What kind of music he liked?”

“Ballad, pop, blues, jazz”

“Not good enough, which artist he liked?”

“Too much, most of them foreigner”

“Then, what is he bad at?”

“Game? Sport? Confidence? Luck?”

“Buy him book”

“Book?”

“Self-improvement book. Few times I heard him talk, he had a good voice but never really used it. He also smart but squishy had to stop being squishy and man up. He needs right motivation to, you know, developing.”

“ You being harsh again”

“No, I’m talking serious. But I got another idea, just gave him your VVIP backstage pass to Beyonce concert next week. I knew he’ll use it.”

“That’s great! I just told Mr Kim to send the pass straight to BTC” he mused “You really good at this”

“At what?”

“Giving presents”

***

Bell rang. After 3 hours of doing nothing, the principal finally let go the hungry prisoners. Krystal and Sehun right away drifted to his red sport Ferrari like lightning McQueen. Sehun being gentleman and open the car for Krystal then swift to his seat. It would takes about 20 minutes to arrive at Myeongdeong. IF Sehun dared to drive at excessive speed. But no, he being all too respectful to the traffic rules.

“Too slow Hun. Seriously.” Krystal pondered.

Roads to roads, building to building, houses to houses, it skipped by the time. They had silly conversation time to time until they arrived at the infamous boulevard Myeongdeong.

“Sehun is a terrible driver, as always” Krystal teased as she dodged.

The sun stood high, made the day hotter. He hooked her arm into hers, making sure he wouldn’t lose her in the middle of massive crowd. Again. Remembering she easily distracted and most of the time wander without alarmed Sehun. If he missing, he can easily call but prevent is a better option. Sehun can’t help but being constantly gawped at the time like this, she just so innocent, tiptoeing, swinging hands, eyes travelling all over the store so playfully. “There’s the iBox”

“Hm” their pace simultaneously aimed to the iBox.

“I really hope you can get along with them”

“Wae?”

“It’s relieving to see you have friends, real one like you wanted to”

“Real one like you” she tilted her head, staring at her toes.

“Tsk, you being chessy again” he reached for her bangs and messed it up tenderly. Krystal not that short, but shorter compared to Sehun and Kai. Krystal had to lift her face upward to meet his eyes and believe or not, every time they sight lay into each other it’s full of affection.

“Yah!” She elbowed him with half disgust that mock and half excitement fusion faced.

“Stop wasting time Oh!”

“Yes ma’am!” he gesturing a witty salute.

“Dwerp”

 

20 minutes passed. iPod touch done. They currently anticipating Mr. Kim whom already on his way. They ambled and ambled and ambled until “Ah, there’s Mr. Kim”

“Young master, miss Jung” he greeted and handed over the pass. Passes to be exact.

“Thanks, Mr. Kim”

“I’ll be going young master, miss Jung” he bow and bid a respectful farewell.

“Hey, there’re three of them” Krystal uttered.

“One for DO one for me and one for you” her eyebrows lifted “I know you’re not that into Beyonce, but I’m sure you’ll like it”

“Of course, I’ll like it! Beyonce is a world class diva!” she joyfully hopped.

“Stop being bouncy Krystal!” both his hands clutched her shoulder and shifted it to his side. Again, he hooked his hands to hers. “C’mon, let’s stop by over there, we got to wrap up this presents”

They stepped into couple merchandise and gift specialize store that basically existed in chic fling dream teen movies. “Annyeonghasimnika”

“You two seem so cute in your uniform! You made a perfect couple!”

“We’re not–” they refused in unison until the employee snapped “Give it a try for our new photo booth”

“Please?” Krystal begged “buingbuing” aegyo in addition. Sehun just sighed and nodded, along with clandestinely smirked.

Photo booth session went hilarious. One frame pouted. One frame straight faced. One frame laugh crazily. Few frames of gwiyomi. Once again, time slipped unknowingly until Sehun interrupted by Luhan’s text.

From: Luhan

          Eodi? The surprise party about to start -.-

“Mwo? What time is it?” Sehun exclaimed in the middle in the box. “It’s 12”

“We late!”

“We don’t even wrap the gifts”

“No time”

“Thanks” they bowed in hurry.

“Your welcome!”

***

“Yah! Palli! Kyungsoo and Jongin about to arrive!” Chanyeol spoke in panic. Everything was spick and span. Ban noted ‘Happy 18th Birthday Do Kyungsoo’ with

“Jeosonghamnida yeorobun” Krystal apologized.

“Gwenchana” Suho groaned. “Now everybody prepared” Kris ordered. The door swung and it revealed Kyungsoo and the fair Kai. Everybody sang and clapped in cheer. “Saengil chukkahamnida! Saengil chukkahamnida! Saranghaneun Do Kyungsoo! Saengil chukkahamnida!

Kyungsoo shocked. His eyes turned literally onto (O_O) his signature emoticon. The song ended with we –whole class– encircled him and Baekhyun with cake and candles right in front of him.

“Aigoo, he’s speechless” Kai tapped his back. “Kyungsoo-ah, make a wish” Baekhyun happily instructed. “Blew the candle D.O.!” Chen shrieked. “Hana…dul…set!” everyone screech simultaneously. The candle blown and he covered with dazed.

“I don’t know what to say” he began “Kai, you brat, you told me it’s an important meeting”

“It’s important indeed” Luhan adjoined.

“Ah, thank you a lot guys”

“Whole class here is here” Chanyeol natter “The girls, Suze, Sulli even Krystal!”

“Thank you, thank you, thank you, seriously thank you” he endlessly nodded.

“Ah, just– Foods here!” Kai shouted full of excitement.

 

“Presents time” Baekhyun announced. “Stop being some kind of MC, you’re not one Bacon” Kris dodged. “Ah, hyung~” he spoilt-ly sulked.

“Let’s begin with Xiumin hyung!”

Go on. Xiumin gave sets of limited edition cap with 6 different colours, white, black, navy, Turkish blue and red. Kris sets a 3 days trip at Canada in his expense. Tao specially made a heart-to-heart letter that we found extremely hilarious with an ancient Chinese swords –that Kyungsoo will never used– and martial art performance came along. Chen, Luhan and Baekhyun prepared a duet Trot performance plus a package workout utilities –I don’t know what they call it– that according to them can made him taller and had wider shoulder. Chanyeol and Lay gave a band set, drum, guitar, bass and piano. Kai prepared a friendship Rosario bracelet and 3 weeks exclusive dance training with him as the so-be-called pro instructor. Such an egocentric face, she knew. Suho, as Krystal expected, presented a signed motivational and self-improvement books from notorious writers. Suzy and Sulli teamed up and bought him sets of dating books and 2 tickets for Lotte world. Yes, they persuades him, badly, to find girlfiend.

Then came time to Sehun’s.

“This” he handed. “Mwooo? Beyonce backstage pass! God, there’s only 5 of these and I thought it sold out”

“I bought it last week” he explained “Oh yeah and It’s Krystal’s idea”

“You should give him 2 of that, maybe DO want to brought some company” Kris teased. “He’ll get scare if he go alone” Tao append.

“Well, Krystal and I will go with him” Sehun shortly answered.

“Ah, Krystal! You brought present?” Baekhyun asked. She abruptly nodded as she stood and passed the iBox bag to D.O. “This” she softly said and sat back immediately.

“Ah, it’s new limited edition iPod touch!” D.O. excitedly perked.

“You…like it?” she questioned “Of course! It just what I need, mine just broken last week. Thank you!”

 

Author Note

2nd chapter here! Sorry for my absence, thank you for the subscribers and comments. I'm not an excellent writer or that fluent in English, so sorry again if there any mistakes. Drop some comment! What do you think about the story? What do you think about the characters?

-chantiqputri-