Going separate ways

Going separate ways

They were enjoying their moments. Twelve boys were drown in jubilation. After the Melon Awards and the MNet Asia Music Awards (MAMA), they started the year 2014 by winning the Daesang at the Golden Disk Awards.

Suho looked around. As the leader of EXO, he could not stop feeling grateful and joyful for having such a solid team. They did not get along well at the beginning. He himself had a shaky start in his career. Seven years of training had turned him into a real leader for such a huge group. Having four Chinese members was hard too. Language barrier, cultural gap were only a few problems. Lucky he has Kris, the EXO-M leader.

Kris.

He scanned the room where the EXO pack was so noisy, screaming their words to express their happiness while the Daesang trophy was moved from one hand to another. Then his eyes met with the dark brown orbs of a stoic handsome face.

His Kris.

Suho smiled. Kris just stared at him but his eyes were smiling. They did not need to say any words. But he understood what Kris wanted to say. "We did it."

Yes, they did it. After a lot of sacrifices.

Long-term training, homesick, overexhaustion, emotional breakdown, they had been through them all.

Suho took a deep breath, his eyes were still locked with Kris'. The Chinese giant finally decided to narrow their gap, crossing the room to sit next to Suho on the couch.

"Hey," he whispered.

Suho moved closer and leaned on Kris, putting his head on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Kris asked, letting his nose brushed Suho's dark brown hair.

Suho only nodded. "Can we go elsewhere?"

The Chinese understood. There must be something bothering Suho. And they needed to talk about it, in private, not in the middle of the chaos created by 10 hyper boys.

Kris stood up, stretching out his hand that was quickly accepted by Suho. Chanyeol was the first to notice. "Where are you guys going?"

Kris smirked. "We're gonna give you a younger brother.... Or sister." Then he laughed. Then the boys laughed as well, some wolf whistled.

But the two leaders just ignored all the tease. Kris took Suho to their dorm's rooftop. It's their favorite place. Whenever they have problems, they would talk about it while watching the stars.

The January's breeze was still too cold for Suho but he did not care. He had Kris who would keep him warm with his embrace. They sat on the wooden bench with Suho in between Kris' long legs so he could lean on on the Chinese's chest. Kris backhugged him and put his chin on Suho's left shoulder.

"What do you have in mind?" he asked.

Suho sighed. "You always know whenever something is bothering me."

Kris chuckled. "We have known each other for quite sometime. If I know nothing about you then we didn't get along well."

Silence.

Kris let his partner stay mum for a while. He knew Suho was still arranging words in his brain.

"We only have two months left," the EXO leader whispered.

"Huh?" Kris softly kissed Suho's nape, making the latter shudder.

"Two months then we have to go a separate way." The last part was almost inaudible but Kris caught the words and the sadness in Suho's tone.

"We've been there and done that. We're gonna survive," he tried to coax Suho, who was cutely pouting. Oh, how much Kris wanted to kiss that pout away.

"That was before we became an item," Suho whispered, hanging his head low.

He leaned backwards, pressing his head on Kris' chest while at the same time tightening Kris' arms over his waist, intertwining their fingers and put their hands on his stomach.

"I'm gonna miss you, Yifan," Suho said, calling Kris' real name.

"Likewise."

"How could I survive without you?"

Kris chuckled. "I should be the one asking you that. You're a great leader Joonmyeon," he said, referring to Suho's true name.

They both fell silent again. Two months could be a very short period. And they both knew that the other 10 members have yet to realize that they would promote their new album in Korea and China, respectively. It was back to square one. Back to the time they debuted.

Suho could not imagine the crying Sehun, who would miss Luhan, or Tao, who would call him every hour. He could not even handle his own heart. He would long for Kris' touch, kiss and sweet words. He would miss their time cuddling, flirting and making love.

"I wish the management would have a second thought," Suho said again, raising his head, pretending to see the stars while actually he was holding back his tears.

Kris just hummed, burrying his face on Suho's nape. "We'll stay in touch. We can text, Skype, email, whatever. We'll still have a joint schedule," the tall guy tried to comfort the petite man in his arms.

He raised his eyebrows when he felt stronger pressure on his fingers.

"Can we... Can we sleep together tonight?" Suho carefully asked. Although he had slept with Kris numerous time, he still felt shy to ask for it first.

"Sure."

They stared at each other then Kris leaned closer to capture Suho's lips. It was a soft, tender kiss and they both just wanted to enjoy their moment.

Suho felt sad. He should have celebrated their achivement with the members. But instead, he dragged Kris to the rooftop, thinking about an event that would happen in a two-month time.

"I think we should go back to the boys and celebrate our victory while the night is still young," Kris said in Suho's ears.

The latter forced a smile. "Okay."

They stood up but before Suho could move, Kris held his shoulders and faced him.

"Suho, please smile sincerely... For them," Kris said while staring at his partner.

Suho nodded. "For them."

He was certain that even if the group would be splitted into two, it would only be temporary. He and Kris had to be strong.

Victory after victory only means one thing: the fans' expectation for EXO is getting higher and they will have to work harder while facing a more difficult challenge. The leaders could not and should not bring the group down just because of their little romance.

Suho intertwined his fingers with Kris once again before coming back to their dorm. The boys were still noisy but now Suho could smile and his smile reached his eyes.

He dragged Kris to join their little party and let the boys bully his boyfriend. He could not help laughing when he saw Tao and Sehun happily attacked Kris, who lied helplessly on the carpeted floor, while other members cheered for the magnaes without showing any intention to help their leader.

"Yeah, we'll be fine because we are still together, we are still one."