Hug Me Once

Maybe This Doesn't Change Anything

Eli didn’t have the guts to talk to Kevin about this so he just pretended that he knew nothing, but as the days passed he became more and more aware of everything around him, or at least aware of Kevin-related things. The way he acted, the way he interacted with other people –boys in particular-, the things that catch his eyes and specially, he paid attention to their relationship.

------In the last week------

‘Eli! Eli! Hyung just told me that I’ll be featured in the first uBeat single’ Kevin shouts from across the room while running to meet Eli, once he does he throws his arms around the bigger one’s neck in a tight hug ‘I’ll be a part of your subgroup, well, at least in this album, isn’t it great?’ Eli felt his body stiff and all he could do was awkwardly pat Kevin’s back ‘Yeah, that’s great…Uh, can you let me go now?’ Kevin immediately let go of Eli frowning ‘Is there something wrong? Don’t you want me to be a part of yours and AJ’s album?’ he seems very upset about that thought ‘Of course I want it, that’s the best news this week, come here, let’s pick and practice your lines, I’ll show you the song’

-

‘Can I sleep here?’ Kevin asks Eli with his puppy eyes. Eli felt hesitant about it but couldn’t find a reason to deny his request.

‘Sure’ he replies making room for him on his bed. After Kevin lays down there is just silence, and Eli can feel Kevin looking at him, waiting for something. This’d be the moment Eli hugs Kevin in a comfortable  position for both of them, it is a routine and was expected that he’d do what he does every night. But tonight was different, Eli feels uncomfortable, he turns his back to Kevin and place his body as far as possible in the limited bed space.

-

There is a break in the schedules, half of the members decided to spend the afternoon with their family and the other half’d just kill the time at the dorm, Eli and Kevin being a part of that half.

‘Let’s watch a movie’ Kevin says after lunch.

‘Sure, but no chick flicks this time, please’

‘Fine, you choose then’

Eli chose a Harry Potter movie and they began to watch, after some minutes it became awkward again. Kevin moved closer to him on the couch, waited some time for Eli to put his arms around him and seeing that he didn’t Kevin started to drop his head slowly toward Eli’s shoulder.  Sensing Kevin coming closer Eli felt uneasy again and without much thinking he got up quickly ‘Er, I have to use the bathroom, don’t need to pause it, I’ll be back soon’. Once he was back he decided to watch the movie from the other couch saying he wanted more space to lay down.

Those kinds of occurrence happened the whole week,Eli acted weird whenever Kevin was being too touchy so one day after rehearsal Kevin finally decided to confront him.

‘Eli…what’s wrong?’

‘What are you talking about?'Eli asks as he puts his clothes in the bag

'I'm not sure,just...I feel you distant for some time now'

At that Eli focus his attention on the other boy 'What do you mean distant?I'm with you almost 24/7'

'Yeah,but I don't know you, act like everytime I touch you your skin burn or something'

Eli felt guilty,he knew what Kevin was talking about,it have been bothering him a lot lately but he still didn't want to talk about it,it wan't Kevin's fault that Eli din't know how to deal with his friend being different,damn,what was he thinking?,Kevin wasn't different,Kevin was the same as always Eli was the one needing to put his together.

He decided that he didn't want to bother or worry Kevin he'd do his best to be confortable around Kevin just like before,Eli knew that everything would be back to normal in a matter of time.

'Don't be silly Kevin,you know how I like skinship. Come here'and pulled Kevin in a hug,patting his head 'See?I'm not burning at all,my skin is still intact'

Kevin sighed,relaxing in the hug 'Well if you say so,wierdo' the hug last for a few moments before Kevin pulls apart 'Come here,Iwant to practice this song one more time before heading to the dorm'

'Ok' Eli agrees already being dragged by his hand.

-

The days progressed and eli was glad to think that,even though he had to mask a few moments of awkwardness,their friendship was back to normal,by normal he meant full of skinship and fan service but he didn't mind,in fact he liked it.

Again it was too soon to say anything.