Love Options

Maybe This Doesn't Change Anything

Today was a calm day, one of those days inbetween comebacks when the guys had different schedules and not much pressure related to time. Right now only two members were relaxing at their dorm.

‘I’m bored’ says Kevin in a monotone voice.

‘Funny how we look forward for a free day but when it comes there’s nothing much to do’ Eli thinks aloud. There is a brief silence while they just look at each other lying lazily on the couch.

‘Wanna watch a movie then?’Eli asks

‘You mean going out? I’m not really up for that’ Kevin replies while sulking further into the sofa.

‘I have a Netflix account you know…’

‘Then is settled’ Kevin cuts him off ‘I’m dying to watch The Notebook again’ You can even see his eyes shine. That was probably the last movie Eli wanted to watch but seeing just how excited the other one looked he couldn’t help but smile and agree.

‘Make us some popcorn, I’ll set the things up and grab the blanket’.

An hour later the both of them were snuggling next to each other, already half way through the movie when Eli notice just how close they were, not only close, he may add, but actually hugging, Eli’s arm around Kevin waist while he rested his head over his shoulder. It seems so natural, they end up in this position without him even realizing it. It was so normal that he didn’t see the bad in being this close to another guy, they were friends after all, but if you think from another person’s perspective, he thought, it might look wrong.

 

--------Flashback 3 weeks back---------

It is the first night that Eli would be sharing the room with Kevin, the latter kept on complaining about AJ’s snoring habits that made him lack sleep. ‘I just wish he was quieter, I couldn’t sleep 2 nights in a row now because his snoring is so loud’ Kevin sighed.

‘Why don’t you change rooms then? You know what, Hoon is just as loud, but I’m a heavy sleeper so it never bothered me that much, we should put this two together and let them snore all they want’ Eli says.

‘You mean you and me being roommates and AJ and Hoon in the other room?’

‘Yep, being as loud as they can be’

“Doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me’ was what Kevin’s mouth said, but Eli notice that his eyes couldn’t be more excited ,Kevin probably really wanted to sleep, he thought.

Like this they became roommates, the other members were informed of the changes and Hoon and Kevin moved their belongings. Later that night after everything was already settled the members were hanging in the living room or eating while watching TV. Kevin had his head on Eli’s shoulder and after being silent for too long the older one realized he was asleep ‘Wow, AJ made you really tired huh’ Kevin was sleeping very peacefully with his mouth slightly open. The older one keep on staring him for a bit before deciding to poke his cheek, seeing he didn’t even move Eli started to tickle him in the spot he knew Kevin was extremely ticklish. That did it, Kevin jumped wide awake and since the other one didn’t stop his acts he started to laugh trying to free himself and letting some high pitched ‘Stop it Eli~’. Eli was loving his reaction, smiling at him, little did he knew that curious eyes were watching them carefully.

‘Why did you guys change rooms again?’ Soohyun asked interrupting their play. Kevin looked up, smile fading. 

“AJ snoring is not letting me sleep’

‘Why are you only complaining about it now, after being his roommate for so long though?’

Kevin shrugged ‘Guess I’m a lighter sleeper now’

That’s a lame excuse, Soohyun eyed him suspiciously, then at Eli, his eyes landing on they close position ‘Alright’ his eyes gazing at Eli one more time, in a way that made him feel guilty and uncomfortable before looking back at the TV. What was that all about? Eli thought, it seemed like Soohyun was accusing them of something, hitting at something he couldn’t right put a finger on.

Later that night when everybody was in dreamland Eli woke up by someone calling his name softly ‘Eli, Eli, wake up please’ he opened his eyes to find a way-to-close-to-his-face Kevin, only lit by moonlight coming from the open window ‘What is it Kevin?’ he asks, his voice still husky from sleeping ‘I had a nightmare’ he says while playing with his fingers not looking directly at Eli. At this statement Eli became a little pissed off “Are you a kid? What am I supposed to do about it?’ but regretted saying this as soon as the words left his mouth, Kevin was a bit more sensitive than most guys, he shouldn’t treat him like this ‘Oh, I’m sorry! I’m sorry for waking you up, it was a dumb reason, sorry’ Kevin stood up from the floor next to Eli’s bed only to be stopped by the wrist ‘No, I’m the one who is sorry Kevin, that was insensitive of me, do you want to talk about your dream?’ Kevin still didn’t gaze at him, Eli thought for a little longer ‘Do you want to sleep here with me until you feel safe?’ he says pushing his blankets so that Kevin could go in. Kevin hesitated for a few seconds before laying next to Eli, the bed was already warm from Eli’s body and he didn’t fail to notice how comfortable it was, especially when Eli embraced his slim figure in a comfort manner ‘Don’t worry about your nightmare now, just sleep’ Eli whispered. And that’s what Kevin did, he didn’t even think he could remember his fears while he had his head on Eli’s chest and being close to him like this.

And so the days passed and for a week Kevin would find a different excuse to sleep next to Eli, until it became a routine and he’d just ask permission, by the end of the second week they already had a silent agreement of sleeping on the same bed.

 

---------Present Time--------

Eli watched as Kevin dried his tears when the movie was over ‘This is so beautiful, I cry every time’

‘You cry as if this is your own love story’ Eli state fixing Kevin’s bangs on his forehead.

‘I don’t have a love story to cry about, never did’

‘You seriously never dated anyone, not even before becoming an idol?’

‘No, never, have you?’

‘Yeah, I dated more than 10 girls but only 2 of them lasted more than 2 months actually’

‘Guess I’m just different from you, dating wasn’t this easy for me’ Eli wondered what did that meant

‘But why your relationships didn’t last?’ Kevin asks

‘Maybe I never truly liked any of them, it was more like a crush that I get sick after a while and want to break up’

‘So you have never been in love?’

‘Don’t think so. Have you been in love?’

‘I already said I never dated anyone’ Kevin replies looking a little uncomfortable.

‘You don’t need to date someone to love them, it’s very common to happen the other way around, first you love then you date’ Kevin was quiet for a while.

‘So’ Eli was curious with Kevin’s silence, he looked right in his eyes ‘Have you been in love?’

Kevin keeps Eli’s gaze for a few seconds before turning his head a little embarrassed ‘Maybe’

‘Jinjja??Who is it? Do I know her?’

‘Forget it, I don’t want to talk about it’ Kevin says leaving his place to sit far from the other one.

‘C’mon tell me, please, I’m your friend, aren’t I? I won’t tell anybody’ He was genuinely curious but some part of him felt kinda weird about Kevin loving someone, maybe is just because he never thought about it.

Kevin hugged his legs and hid his head on his knees ‘No! I said forget it!’

Seeing how the other one reacted Eli decided to drop the subject but couldn’t help being even more curious and for the next days he find himself thinking of who Kevin had feelings for.

‘Maybe is one of the girls from 2NE1, I saw him fanboying over them’ he was thinking out loud at the breakfast table days later.

‘What is it about 2NE1?’ Dongho who heard Eli talking to himself asked.

‘Oh, Kevin kind of told me that he was in love with someone, but wouldn’t tell me who is it, so I’m just taking guesses. Any idea of who it might be?’

Dongho sent him a are-you-kidding-me look ‘Maybe that’s something you have to figure out yourself’ he says turning his back and going to his room with his cereal bowl.

‘Hey, come back here, what’s that supposed to mean? Yah! Dong-‘ he heard the BANG sound of the door closing. Ok so Dongho would not help, he thought ’Stupid maknae closing the door on his hyung face, so disrespectful aish~’ Eli murmured alone.

But what he said meant something, apparently it was obvious who Kevin liked. Think Eli, think. What’d be Kevin’s ideal type? What kind of girl gets his attention? Did he liked noonas? Thinking about harder he remembered that Kevin was pretty girly himself, did that meant that he looked for someone evenmore feminine, maybe someone full of aegyo? Or someone to be the man in the relationship like f(x)’s Amber maybe?

Then it hit him,

Man in the relationship. Man.

He started to think about when he first met Kevin. It was at least 5 years ago and they were way younger but Eli remembered how he took note at how feminine Kevin acted, at first he just thought that maybe this was a normal behavior for Korean boys since he didn’t know much about the culture yet. Later on he found out that Kevin was actually raised in America, and not all Korean boys acted like that so he just believed his theory about Kevin being too much of a kid and that’s why his gestures resembles one. After sometime he became really good friends with him, got used to his personality and didn’t see him as girly anymore, he was just…Kevin.

Eli was not dumb, probably in the back of his mind he wondered if Kevin was gay, the vocalist might not be kissing boys in front of Eli but the hints were there, he just decided to ignore it, what good knowing it would do after all? So this is it, his brain finally connected the dots. Kevin was gay. The person he was in love with is a guy.

Took him a minute to let the information sink in, but then he thought, ’what difference did that make?’ Kevin was still Kevin, it didn’t matter who he liked, maybe being gay and living with bunch of other guys may be a little weird but if it hasn’t been a problem so far there is no reason to change now.

Nothing would change.

Or so he thought.

 

 

 

 

 

ok,so there is the first chapter

I just wanted to say that I originally wrote this to practice my english since it's not my first language ,so if you find any mistakes please let me know so that I can improve,네? >//<

image