So Don't Let The Fire Die

We'll Shine Like The Sun (So Don't Let The Fire Die)

They say some people are iridescent, that their light rivals even the stars in the sky. But Minseok thinks that he is nothing more than a spark that fades to nothing before anyone even notices it was there.

Jongin is an endless show of fireworks; exploding, extravagant, and unforgettable. Luhan is a lit candle that makes you feel safe despite everything. Chanyeol is a warm fireplace that crackles uncontrollably at times, but is always there for you.

Where EXO is a raging wild fire, Minseok is a stricken match. While EXO grows impossibly large, Minseok feels his time ticking away.

“Stop making fire analogies,” Tao tells him groggily one night. “You’re a snowflake.” He giggles. It’s probably hilarious to him in his half asleep state. He’s snoring before Minseok can come up with a reply.

But snow melts in the presence of fire, he realises later. And a single snowflake is nothing. Despite popular belief, he suspects that they probably aren’t even unique.

But when they perform together, when Minseok is enveloped by the warmth of s, he feels strangely okay. Because if he burns out, as least they can shine on.