I'm Sorry

It Hurts

-Chaekyung’s POV-

 

We were out on a date, Myungsoo and I. It was the perfect place. There were flowers growing around the bench we sat on and huge trees, creating the perfect shade. Although the scenery was beautiful, the sky was dark- somewhat ominous. On his face was a look of sorrow, even when he smiled.

 

I knew something was wrong.

 

“Let’s break up.” Myungsoo said softly, biting his lip.

 

There is was. That wrong thing.

 

A pang of pain traveled down my body as his words hit me.

 

He let go of my hand-which he was holding onto so tightly- and looked up at the sky. The clouds started to clear up. There were so many thoughts going through my head. It had been five years, yet it ended in three words.

 

This relationship I cherished so much.

 

All the memories.

 

All the laughter.
 

All the smiles.
 

Our first kiss. The magical first kiss and the equally magical ones following it.

Everything gone in three words.

 

“Ok.” I finally said.

 

“Chaekyung...” He called my name warmly, like always.

 

“Yeah?” My voice broke as the single words left my mouth.

 

“I’ll miss you. More than anything. And I- I loved you.” He smiled at me and stood up from the bench.

 

Loved.

 

“I love you, too.”

--

Since that day, everything changed. My life was much more quiet. It was a good thing actually. With him, every day was an adventure after another. Sounds of talking filled the air everywhere became somewhat annoying. It was easy to ignore it though, every moment with him was enjoyable.

 

Things changed for the better and for the worse.

 

I grew lonely.

 

My thoughts turned negative. I kept thinking that I would have to grow up being a lonely cat lady even if I am allergic to them.

 

I wanted to call him. I wanted to hear my Myungsoo’s voice.

 

How much I wanted to be next to him.

 

I barely left the house. I didn’t want to be seen alone.

 

We always went to the same restaurants and store. They knew us by our names and of course knew about our ever lasting relationship.

 

How could I go back to those place and just say, “oh, we broke up.”?

 

How could I act like this was nothing?

 

How could I act like I was ok?

 

I definitely wasn’t.

 

I was a mess, a complete mess. My hair hasn’t been washed or combed in the last few days. My breath smells like a fish gave birth in it. Clothes were thrown all over the ground. Tissues formed mountains next to my bed. The dark circles under my eyes reached down to my nose. My eyes were nearly swollen shut.

 

I was torn apart.

 

Destroyed.

 

My life... He was my life. My life is out of my life.

--

It been nearly a month since he left me. I haven’t left the house since then, I even quit my part time job.

I can’t take it anymore.

 

I need him.

 

He was on my speed dial. Forever my number one.

 

Ring ring r-

 

“Chae?” His voice sounded weak and frail as if he spent the last month like I had.

 

“Myungsoo...” The sound of his voice caused tears to start forming in my eyes.

 

“Chae, are you ok?”

 

I started to cry again. Tears streamed down my face and puddles collected on my desk.

 

“No.”

 

“Chaekyung.”

 

“Hm?”

 

There was a long silence.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

It was obvious he was crying as well. He was definitely sorry. If he’s miserable without me, why did he leave?

“Why did you... why did you leave me?”

All I needed was a reason.
 

“I’m sorry.”


chapter one is up! hopefully the future chapters will be  longer.
please subscribe
comment
and upvote!
thank you <3