Chapter 25: Dance Practice, Breaking Up and the Reason behind the Pretense

DJ got us falling in love

 

Chapter 25: Dance Practice, Breaking Up and the Reason behind the Pretense


My breathing got faster than its usual rate and my heart keeps beating quickly. The places where he touched felt too warm for my liking and I felt my blood is rushing quickly to my face giving it the embarrassing blush he’s enjoying to see. He smirked and then brushed his lips slightly on my neck before spinning me around. However that moment of sudden separation was only for a while as he pulled me back to him now his free hand running upwards to my thighs. 

“Hmm…Taeminnie, the choreography is just wow. If there is just one word to describe what you two just did, it will be hot. They chose well. I mean for the two of you being partners.” SM’s resident choreographer said. 

“Hyung, you praise us too much.” He smirked while looking at me. He’s enjoying the fact that I’m flustered about what he did. Okay, I know you might be confused but here’s what happened. Remember the Gayo Daejun wherein Hyori sunbaenim and Rain sunbaenim dance to Tango for a special stage? That’s right we as their hoobaes were picked to relive that moment. To be honest, it was supposed to Yuri unnie and Wooyoung oppa. They were the ones handpicked by Hyori sunbaenim herself but Yuri unnie said something to Hyori sunbaenim and her lips curved upwards and this is the result.

Oh. Before I forget, the way we danced a while ago, was just an impromptu and all he did was lead me. He called me at freaking four in the morning telling me to go down our dorm. Being wary about his tone, I showered, wore my sweats and grabbed my bag. He was there standing, waiting for me. He looked slightly mad. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the passenger seat of his car. He drove in silence and before I knew it I was inside their practice room. 

“Okay, let’s just polish it with some steps. I’m just going to make some arrangements. Rest for a while here.” Their choreographer said to us. Great, when he leaves, I’ll be in hell. He will do whatever he thinks that would make me miserable. Sigh. Like nothing changed except the fact he forgot about my existence and saving me. Why would I ever thought that I hold something in his heart, I mean do I even have a place in there? 

“Yah.” 

“Yah! Gong Minji! Are you deaf? Get me something to drink!” He shouted at me as he laid down on the floor. 

“Excuse me, why should I do that? Do I even know where should I get drinks here in your building?”

“Slave, you dare use that tone with me? Do you even remember you are in my territory right? Whatever happens here, stays here.” He threatened with that smug smirk. Ugh, what a ert. Whack my head again to make me remember why I began to like this guy? Yes, I like him. Damn it. Why of all guys? Anyways, Master is really getting annoyed now and I need to fulfill his whim. 

“Tell me where I can go find your drinks, master.” I said sarcastically and without moment to lose he pulled me down and I find myself lying with him on the floor with his breath tickling my nape. 

“Just turn left and you’ll see a vending machine. Here’s my card.” He whispered in my ear and then he released me. That jerk. I walked away from him. I could feel his eyes on my back and a smirk he is now wearing on his face. As soon as I closed the door to their practice room, I leaned on the wall and hold my chest. Damn heart, stop beating erratically. 



♠♠♠


“You really are enjoying this, huh?” I suddenly sat up and look for the owner of that voice. I saw my dear cousin smiling oh so sickeningly sweet. 

“Why are you here again?” I asked her and she smiled. “I just took care of Sohyun. You know the girl who intervened with you saving Minji and all. Don’t worry. I didn’t do anything harsh, she was saved by Minji.”

She’s trying to catch me off guard yet again. How did Minji saved Sohyun from her clutches? Well, if I asked that, she’ll say her hunch was right. Okay fine she’s right but that’s not the deal now. If she knows, then the deal with Minji’s soon to be ex boyfriend is off. “Still won’t tell me why you purposely say that you don’t remember her?” 

“I don’t really remember her. I’m just really enjoying the fact that 2NE1’s resident maknae is my slave. I mean I can do things to her. Whatever I want.” I laid back again with my hands on my neck. 

“You may fool everyone but not me, Taemin. Let me just tell you, if she knew that you remember her yet you chose not to tell her, she’ll drift away especially if the cause is what I’m guessing.” She said calmly. 

“I told you, I don’t remember her.” I said coolly.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever, idiot cousin. I’ll be going now. Just a reminder, if you let Minji wander around this building alone, who knows, she’ll be swept away by other guys. Maybe a trainee, hoobae or a sunbae. A woman that beautiful and has a great status in this industry, roaming around.” Then, she left. 

That’s when what she said sunk in. Damn it, Minjung. I hate it when you are right.



♠♠♠


Hmm.. he said turn left right? Oh there it is! What should I have? Peach tea. How about that sleazy jerk of a guy? Hmm. Just vitamin water will be okay with him. I got what I needed when someone slammed me to the wall. 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??” I shouted totally forgetting this isn’t my turf. A guy who was taller than me and quite a looker smiled at me. I rolled my eyes at this guy. He looked so full of himself. 

“Let go.” I said.

“It’s not every day I could see a sunbae with a status like yours. Also, rumors say that you are Taemin sunbae’s main squeeze but he forgot about it. Why don’t you just leave him for me?” He smiled. Ugh, what is it with SM boys with sleazy antics? Okay I take it back just these two. 

Before I could reply with something witty to this guy, someone just yanked me away and this time it’s a girl. “Minzy sunbaenim. I think you should not cling to Taemin oppa. Besides, girls own him. Stop squeezing yourself to a guy who doesn’t even remember you. I pity you for being pathetic like this.” Okay, one more strike and they are officially out of this business before they could debut in this industry. 

Third strike, when this guy touched my , okay I don’t care if this is SM territory or not. I grabbed the guy’s neck and slammed him on the wall. 

“Trainee-ssi, before asking me out, be a successful one in this industry. Second, I don’t tolerate guys who are sleazy and who has no respect to women.” He was suddenly scared. I kicked him on the spot where every men grow weak. “Third, do you even remember which company I am in? How many guys are in there? Last, you have no freaking right to touch my without getting murdered by these hands.” I turned to the girl who was so cocky. 

“And you Miss I-like-Taemin-oppa-so-back-off, Master devil is making my life miserable with every second. If I could, I want to run away from him but I am indebted to him for saving my life. So, I don’t care if girls own him or what not. Let me just ask you this, how sure are you that you girls OWN him?” I smirked evilly. Then, someone clapped snapping me out of my trance. I looked who was clapping and it was the devil himself smirking with approval. 

“Well done, slave. Let’s go, we have practice.” He said and of course, I have to obey. I flinched when he put his hand on my waist and yet again my heart is jumping out of it’s rib cage. Damn feelings, lay low. 



♠♠♠


I gave Taehui and Mi-na the death glare. No one messes with my slave except me. You guys are totally going to be tortured by me in the practice room later. Especially Taehui, he freaking touched her!!! 

What she did to the two is not going to even cut it on what I’m going to do to them. I need to discipline the trainees. 

We went back to the practice room and hyung was already there. He was with noona and he showed us the final choreography. I noticed her turning red. To be honest, I like making her blush. I mean I’ve been knocked out for what? A month? It’s just I missed her. I know what she feels. I miss teasing her, making her angry, her smiles and her warmth. 

“You got the steps right?” hyung asked us and we nodded. “Let me see.” Hyung said and of course, I took her waist and she flinched. We did the choreography and I can see ourselves through the studio’s mirror.

That was an intense choreography. Damn it, even I was awed how the two of us moved. When I turned to look at her face, I was hypnotized.

My first mistake. 




♠♠♠


I came home after our practice. However, I cannot forget his eyes when he looked at me. It’s like he remembers me. I know he remembers me in that second but he reverted back to his jerky self. To even annoy me further, he called his flavor of the day to accompany him. Making out in front of me, really. I want to blast him to oblivion. 

I was in my own world cursing him with everything I have when someone tapped me on the shoulder and that made me go back to reality.

“Oppa.”

“Can we talk?” He asked me with his eyes so solemn and sincere. I nodded while gripping my phone tight. I can still remember what he did to me. We went to the café we usually go to.

“Minji, I’m sorry. I totally lost it.” He said. I can’t bear to look at him. 

“Minji-ah look at me.”

“Oppa, I’m still scared of you. After what you did, I feel like I don’t know you anymore.”

“I was just drunk that night and jealous.”

“I remember Jiyong oppa saying this to me once. A person tells the truth about everything including his feelings when drunk. You have conveyed everything to me perfectly that night.” 

“Minji, it’s not everything. I-“

“I know you love me oppa. You even saved me right?” At that last sentence he turned his eyes away from me for a second. It was odd.

“Yes but.”

“Before we destroy everything that connects us, we should end this relationship in order to save our own friendship.”

“Minji but…”

“I do love you oppa but I think it’s not the love that you think of.” I stood up.

“I’ll see you later, oppa. Time will heal everything between us.” I said and I was about to leave when he held my wrist.

“Minji don’t leave.” I stood there for a while but his grip was strong. “Oppa, let go.”

“No, I won’t. Don’t do this.” It really hurts my wrist because his grip became tighter.

“It hurts. Let go of my wrist.” I said but he wouldn’t budge.

“She said let go, jerk.” That voice. The next thing I know I was behind someone. 

“Taemin, what the hell are you doing here?” Kikwang oppa asked venomously.

“I was on a date when I saw my slave here. Well to be honest it irked me that you are holding her wrist and she is in pain. I’m the only one who can make her feel miserable, got that?”

“I am her boyfriend.”

“I need to correct what you said. You were her boyfriend. Past tense dude. Have you skipped class or something? She broke up with you. That was as clear as the sky when she said it.”

“Taemin stay out of this.”

“No. I won’t. You are the one who should stay away from her.” He said to Kikwang oppa then he dragged me outside. 



♠♠♠


“What the hell is your problem!?!” Sohyun shouted but in turn she received a slap on the face. 

“Kwon Sohyun, you don’t know the gravity of what you did right? I’m just going to show you.” Minjung said and she punched Sohyun on the stomach. Then, she slapped her again and stepped on her shoes using her stilettos. 

“That is not even the half of what you did to my cousin. He lost his memory because you freaking intervened.” Minjung spat at her. 

“I paid the price already!! Luna beat me up and also I can’t even have a love life because of what your cousin did!!”

“Well, I told you didn’t I? It’s not even HALF!”

Sohyun’s phone rang. Minjung got it and smiled at the caller ID. She held it up to Sohyun’s ear and said, “Answer it and don’t forget to put it on speakerphone.”



♠♠♠


“How are you?” Heechul asked. Seunghyun arrived at the room. 

“I’m still a little sore. The doctors said I should walk around to prevent my muscles to dry out or something.” 

“So, what is the truth behind Minji’s kidnapping?” Seunghyun asked. 

“Come on, Gio speak up.” Heechul asked. Gio just looked away and sighed. 

“I just missed her. But, the doctors said I can’t see her since I was still dangerous both to myself and others. The hell I was dangerous.” Gio answered.

“What do you mean by that?” Seunghyun asked.

“I have a mental disorder called Erotomania. It is a disorder wherein I thought she’s in love with me and I am with her too. I was always thinking of her, well the exact word was obsessing over her. It got really out of hand because I refused to take my own medicines. Then, it came for the worst. I started stalking her, sending threats to the guys who are close to her, and kidnapping her. It was until that guy showed up and made me like this.” Gio answered. 

“Who was that person?” Heechul asked though he and Seunghyun knew who it was they just need to hear it from the person that was on the scene and was directly involved.

“It was Taemin. Lee Taemin.”



♠♠♠


I was staring at him as he dragged me as he pleased not caring about the girl he left at the café. His grip on my wrist tight but not to the point where it hurts. I wonder where he will take me when he suddenly stopped and turned around to face me.

“Are you really that stupid? I mean how can you break up with your psycho boyfriend without a company? Do you even know what happens to girls like that? They die and never be seen again.” He said. Though he got a point, I ended up laughing at his accusation. He narrowed his eyes on me asking me what the hell was funny.

“Your face. Priceless.” Those are the words that I can only mutter in between laughs. Though I know my laugh wasn’t that infectious, he smiled and just dragged me yet again. “Come on, slave.”

We were just walking around until we went to his car and just drove off to wherever he was taking me. 

As he started the engine, I asked him, “What about your date back at the café?” 

“What date?” He asked as now he drove to the streets.

“You said back at the café?” I said. 

“Oh. You mean Kibum hyung? He said he wanted an iced Americano so I just tagged along.” He said as if it was the most sensible thing that can happen.



♠♠♠


“Taemin?” Seunghyun asked to be absolutely sure that his ears aren’t deceiving or malfunctioning on him.

“Yes. He looked like a nervous wreck at the time but after he saw Minji alright at the moment he kind of let out a sigh of relief. I was so mad at him that I provoked him. I mean the way he was so close at her. When I followed Minji before, she was talking over the phone and at the time abducting her was the greatest idea I had, he appeared from nowhere and saved her.” Gio explained. Seunghyun listened intently and so was Heechul. They encouraged Gio to continue.

“The way he looks at her and teases her it was different. It irked me to no end. I want to beat him up. So I held Minji with a knife. I told him to stay still. However, things got out of hand and he smashed a vase on my head and he beat me up. But, as I beat him up real good, he passed out while hugging Minji and then I passed out. After that, I don’t know what happened.” Gio lamely finished his story. 

“I would freaking kill that guy. How can he took advantage of lying to us and making my maknae his? I’ll freaking—“ Seunghyun said but Heechul calmed him down. “Don’t be too hot headed over this, Seunghyun. Taemin isn’t at the position to just prance to Minji and say he was the one who saved her. He lost his memory. That idiot how can he explain this all to Minji. However, it was good that Hyunseung told me that Minji is wary of Kikwang and the fact she’s afraid of her own boyfriend.” 

“Why is she afraid? Is there something I am missing?” Seunghyun asked out of pure curiosity.

“I’m afraid I can’t tell you that. Bom’s orders. If I do that you’ll be sending someone to the morgue. As of now, Gio, no one must know you are still alive. You must regain your strength and this time take your medicines and adhere to your psychotherapy. In no time you’ll be able to hangout with Minji with no difficulty.” Heechul answered.



♠♠♠


“Hello?” Sohyun answered the phone. She knew who it was. It was her. Minji forgave her for whatever she did. After all she wasn’t that bad and seeing Minji in a lifeless state after learning that Taemin was in a coma made her feel for her ex bestfriend. She realized that friendship weighs more than guys. Yes, the forgiving part included some slaps on her face, crying and hugs. 

“Sohyun. Tell me again why I have feelings for this idiot.” Minji said on the phone.

“Why are you asking me? You are the one who is feeling that. Come on, you were always there for him when he’s in a coma to the point blowing off Kikwang oppa on dates. A simple selective amnesia isn’t going to stop you.” She said honestly while she eyed Minjung who smiled evilly at her. 

“Though there are times that I feel he’s just bluffing that he doesn’t remember me. I mean his gestures and words to me. Or maybe it’s just me.” Upon hearing Minji’s confession, Minjung sat up all too quickly that made Sohyun puzzled. 

“Just bear with it, Mingkki. Oh yeah, did you break up with Kikwang oppa?” Sohyun asked.

“Yeah. Though there is something odd whenever I mention that he saved me from the kidnapping accident. He can’t look at me in the eye. You know, he was angry at me. Anyways, I broke it off and he went ballistic. Taemin saved me. But something is weird again.”

“Of course oppa is mad. You just broke up with him. Idiot Mingkki!! Where is the Minfucius when you need her?? What is that weird that you caught up again?” Sohyun shouted forgetting she is being held captive by Minjung. 

“Kikwang oppa said something to Taemin that kind of some—“

“Get to the freaking point Minji. I haven’t got all day.” Sohyun said.

“He said to stay out of this meaning the both of us. The weird thing is his actions toward Taemin and his voice indicates something that two of them only knows.”

Sohyun now looked at Minjung who suddenly smiled like she figured something out. 

“Mingkki, don’t overthink okay. I’ll talk to you later.” Sohyun said and she hung up.

“What are you smiling about?” Sohyun said to Minjung, the latter just smiled widely and said, “I just proven my theory about my cousin and if you want me to forgive you, you’ll help me.” 



♠♠♠


“So you saved me from my ex boyfriend just to make you fresh kimchi?” Minji said as she was now being presented with ingredients, a tub and six big containers. Taemin smiled.

“Why? You have nothing to do. I mean after practice you met your boyfriend to break up with him and you have nothing to do. I just gave you something to occupy the time.” He said tauntingly at her.

“Fine, I’m going to do this. However…” Minji said and Taemin looked at her. She walked to him and she whispered seductively, “You cut the cabbages.” Then, she bit his shoulder in frustration. 

“YAAAHHH!! THAT HURT YOU!!!” Taemin shouted while Minji just laughed. After 30 minutes of running around and chasing each other, Taemin conceded into cutting the cabbages while Minji flavored it.

“Here.” She said and fed a piece of freshly made kimchi to Taemin. The latter opened his mouth and ate. She looked at him waiting for his evaluation.

“Needs more salt.” He said and Minji smiled. Taemin was happy inside. He can’t let her know that he remembers her. He’s just happy at the very least she broke up with Kikwang. The only thing he needs to do is to make sure that she loves him even if he pushes her away meaning hurting her. After all, that’s what Kikwang said, if Minji says she loves him and stays with him no matter what, he’ll give up on her. No one must know that he remembers her apart from Kikwang.

“Minji.” He called her and the latter looked at him with puzzled eyes and muttered, “Hm?”

“Come closer.” He said and she did. One kiss to reassure her. Hope she gets it, he thought. He pressed his lips with her own and made the younger one look at him in surprise.

“Just playing you. Besides, you can make a good kissing partner for practice. Soojung said she quit being mine so you are her replacement.” He said to cover up and he received a pinching fest on his cheeks given by her. 

“I maybe your slave but I’m not playing dating games with you.” She said but he could hear her loud heartbeats getting faster. He smirked despite the pain. For him, being with her like this is a piece of heaven. Only reality strikes back by the means of his phone ringing.

“Stop!!” He said and she stopped. He grabbed his phone and looked to who was calling. He frowned at the caller id. He went to the veranda, before he closed the glass door, he made sure that Minji was there making kimchi . He answered the phone.

“I said to stay out of that, Taemin.” 

“Kikwang, it wasn’t part of the deal you said to me. Besides, she broke up with you. You were hurting her in front of me. How could I stay put like a trained puppy?” He countered.

“She can’t be yours. Not until you made—“

“Shut up. It’s hard for me to pretend that I don’t remember her. It’s like torture not to kiss her or hug her or tell her how much I like her. So shut up about me butting in. You were hurting her. If she chooses me despite everything that I will do against her, you’ll have to out. Stay true to your word because I did.” He said and he hung up. Though he didn’t expect to see Minji as he opened the glass door.

“What do you mean that you are pretending that you don’t remember me?” She asked.

“Taemin. Let me just tell you, if she knew that you remember her yet you chose not to tell her, she’ll drift away especially if the cause is what I’m guessing.” Minjung’s voice echoed over his head.