R

Flutter
A couple of years later
 
Taehyun knocked once more. He hated waiting and it was already three whole minutes since he got here. He gathered his patience once more to knock when the door opened and there stood the person that he had so wanted to see. 
 
With her hair loosely tied in the back, her eyes surrounded by thick eyeshadow (Taehyun couldn't identify the color at all) and lips half covered with lipstick, she was definitely not a pretty woman but she had his money and in his eyes, there was no one more beautiful right now. "Motel Ajumma, do you have my money?" He asked eagerly while outstretching his hand, ready to receive his investment money.
 
She, on the other hand, scoffed at his words and gesture and shook her head, "shouldn't you at least exchange greetings and stuff first? Young folks these days—come inside, we'll talk sitting down—"
 
"Ajumma, I just want my money and then I have to go. I'm in a hurry," Taehyun said and it was true. He had to leave fast because his mother was going to come looking for him soon and that would not be pretty. "Ajumma, you said you would put my money in a good bank in the city and double it from interests. It's been a month already so where is my mone—"
 
Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Taehyun could smell his mother's strong perfume before he heard her voice and he could only sigh in response. 
 
"Yah! You! Nam Taehyun, do you know how long I was looking for you?! And you're here asking for money? This b—oh, hello, Mrs. Jung. How is your business these days?" Taehyun's mother scolded and hit her son for a good minute before changing her tone and behavior to greet the motel lady. Then, once more, her attention was on her son, "You've done it this time! Didn't we tell you your uncle from your dad's side passed away and we need to go to their funeral! And you don't show up because of this? Your dad is waiting at home, let's go." 
 
Taehyun remained resolute, "I'm not going without my money. Ajumma, can you hurry up and give it to me?" 
 
The motel lady, Mrs. Jung, sighed before speaking, "Taehyun ah, what happened was....the money didn't get the interest and I didn't put it in a bank but I loaned it to someone but that person spent it all and ran away so there is no money. I'm so sorry." 
 
Taehyun's mother tried to reason with the lady but Taehyun was already suffering from shock. Next thing he knew, Taehyun fainted because well, this was the worst possible news! Ever! 
 
----------
 
He felt a draft and when he opened his eyes, he found himself in his bed and a note beside him. It read, "Taehyun, take care of your mother for a couple of hours, I have to go do the funeral processions of your uncle. I'll be back later." 
 
Taehyun was still heartbroken and he knew that nothing in his town could make him stay anymore. He had lost his most precious thing and there was only one way to get it back: by going to the city where money was everywhere and he could make lots and lots. He sneaked into his parents' room and took a chunk of cash from his father's cabinet. Well, it wasn't really stealing since he would inherit it all anyways. He was just taking it out earlier and besides, it was like payment for when he would have to take care of them in old age. 
 
Then, he packed one of his bigger bags with some clothes and headed out the door. He had to hurry because his dad would be back any second. In the front yard, there was a plain wooden coffin and he knew that it wasn't empty. He knocked on it, "Mom, you in there?"
 
He heard his mother say yes through the wood. Taehyun knew that his father had probably told her to go in there because she had probably messed up something yet again. The coffin was the family's repenting box where you stayed and thought about your mistakes. He placed his earlier note that he had written on the top and made his way to the bus stop.
 
I'm going to the city to make money. Don't try to find me or I'll get plastic surgery so that you will never be able to find me. Your high school graduate son, Taehyun. P.S. Say bye to dad.  
 
It was about ten minutes later that his mother came out of the box, saw the note and wondered about how her son got the money for ticket. Her husband, who had also arrived in that time, had just seen his empty box in the cabinet and they knew exactly how Taehyun was able to go to Seoul. But by then, Taehyun was long gone.
 
When he got off at the bus stop, he walked onto the crowded street and marveled at the amount of people there. Yep, it was definitely going to be impossible to run into the same person twice here. Taehyun smiled because that meant he would never get fooled like that again (because of stupid things like trust) and he would be able to treasure his money. He was filled with glee as he imagined all the money he could make. 
 
Here I come Seoul. To take your money! 

 

A/N: So this chapter marks basically the last background story for the two. Not really exciting stuff per se but they are needed for later plot so yea. Thanks so much for all the wonderful and funny and thoughtful comments. I read each and everyone even if I don't reply to them. Once again, thank you. I really appreciate the encouragement. :))