Chapter 7. In His Arms

The Lion's Pride

Melody’s left leg ached fiercely as she turned to shut the light in the practice room off.

4D had been practicing their new routine for the last six hours and although they had accomplished a lot, the last 45 minutes had become sheer torture and she had found herself stumbling more and more often. When she had almost fallen Trina had begged her to stop for the day.

The others had already gone on ahead to the dorm and she was on her way to join them. Closing the door she went to turn and gasped as a shooting pain went through her leg.

For one awful moment she teetered between the knowledge that she was going to fall, and that she might faint.

As she fell she tried to turn her body to protect her left leg, when she landed with a quiet oomph she was surprised to land on something softer then the floor. It took her a moment to realize she was laying on a man’s chest and  blinking she looked up to see Eunkwang’s worried face looking back at her.

“Noona, are you okay?”

Melody’s chest tightened as she nodded slightly. “I’m too heavy. Please let me up.”

 

Eunkwang realized with a start that he had his arms wrapped tightly around her.

Reluctantly he let go of her and helped her to her feet.

When he saw her leg tremble as she stood he slipped an arm around her waist.

“Let me.” He said his voice slightly husky with emotion as she nodded gratefully and the two of them started off down the hall.

As they walked his heart raced as he once again saw her when she started to fall. The fear that had filled him as he ran and dove so that she would land on him, still left a bitter taste in his mouth.

He could feel her limping and as he looked down he saw her lips were drawn tightly and were almost white with pain.

Giving her no option he swung her up in his arms and strode down the hall.

“Eunkwang no please, I’m too heavy for you to carry like this.”

“I’m okay Noona.” As the elevator doors opened and he stepped in with her clenched tightly in his arms.

“Why didn’t you stop sooner?” He chided her.

“We need to be ready for our debut.” The words were faint and he could hear the agony in her voice.

When the elevator doors opened he shifted her slightly to get a better grip and saw fear flash across her face when she seemed to think he was about to drop her.

“Noona….put your arms around my neck, I promise I will not drop you.”

Hesitantly her arms crept up around his neck and the scent of citrus surrounded him.

A quiet sigh escaped her as she laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

Reaching the garage he saw his manager Jiyong waiting by the van.

“Is she alright?” He asked with concern as he opened the door to let Eunkwang lift her inside.

“Ne, she just over did it. I’m bringing her back to her dorm.”

Melody stirred as he gently placed her on the seat before climbing in beside her.

“It’s alright Noona, I’m right here, close your eyes.”

With a tired smile Melody’s head came to rest on his shoulder and he slipped his arm around her to support her better.

Tenderly he brushed back the hair that had fallen across her face and tucked it behind her ear.

Even as she slept he could still see the furrows on her face from the pain she was still in.

 

Melody felt herself being lifted again and without opening her eyes she wrapped her arms around the man’s neck and snuggled close.

Oh what a heavenly dream, being in Taekwoon’s arms again. It felt so real that she never wanted to wake up.

Feeling herself being set on the bed her arms tightened around his neck and she whimpered softly.

“Please, don’t leave me again Taekwoon. Stay with me.”

“Noona.” A voice said softly.

Keeping her eyes tightly closed least she wake up she begged softly.

“Please, hold me just a little longer.”

The bed sagged under the weight of another body and she snuggled in the arms that wrapped around her, laying her head on his chest.

“I love you.” She whispered softly before fading deeper into sleep.

 

Eunkwang looked at the woman in his arms and felt something shift inside him.

He knew he should not be in bed with her like this but there was no way he could have denied her anything when she had pleaded with him in a voice so full of longing.

When her breathing deepened into that of a full sleep he slowly crept from the bed and gently placed he covers over her.

At the door he turned to look back at her one last time and felt a tug on his heart.

“Sweet dreams Noona.”…