Chapter 6. The Lion's Jealousy

The Lion's Pride

N found Leo in one of the rooms they would use to practice individually in. His back was to him, his head bowed, and he had his arms braced against the wall.

“Leo?”

For a few moments there was nothing but silence and then Taekwoon’s muffled voice bade him to shut the door, N hurriedly did as he was asked.

“I don’t know if I can do this.”

N tilted his head a little to try and see his friend’s face, he was confused by the tone of his voice.

When Taekwoon took a deep breath and turned to look at him, N took an involuntary step back, bumping into the door.

There were tears in Taekwoon’s eyes and his jaw was clenched shut.

“Leo, what is wrong? Did you not like your gift?” N said as he reached out to put his arms around him.

As always Taekwoon resisted at first but then a deep shuddering sigh shook his body and he sagged against N.


Taekwoon tried to collect himself and calm down. Since he had met Melody he had gone through a roller-coaster of emotions, most of which he had never felt before.

“I did like it, but I miss her so much.”

Feeling N patting his back Taekwoon endured it for a few moments before pulling away and sitting down abruptly.

“I have never been jealous before N.”

“Who are you jealous of?”

“The other male artists of CUBE…they can all be with Noona and yet I cannot, but I am especially jealous of Eunkwang

“Eunkwang?” N questioned in confusion. “But he is our friend.”

Taekwoon felt a stab at his heart as he remembered watching Eunkwang pull Melody into his arms as the van Taekwoon was in drove away towards the airport.

 

Involuntarily his hand clenched into a fist. “Yes he is our friend, I know this and I know he would never betray my friendship…but, I am filled with such jealousy knowing that he can be with Noona yet I am unable to be with her. I have to hear how she is doing through sunbae or the rare times we use Kakaotalk. It should be me, her boyfriend taking her around Seoul and helping her settle in.”

Seeing N’s startled expression Taekwoon paused. “Why?” he asked confused by the look on N’s face.

“Boyfriend? Then you two made it official?”

This made Taekwoon blink in surprise. “Well…actually no we did not. But we love each other, so would that not make us such?”

N's confused sounding “I guess so?” made Taekwoon groan, he wasn’t much of a help.

“I don’t know what to do. I told her I would wait and be patient, but after being together with her again I don’t want to keep waiting. I want us to be free to see each other. I want to proudly walk down the street holding her hand and showing everyone that this noona is mine.”

 

N’s eyes widened at Leo’s confession, Leo had always been the quiet and reserved type. To hear him openly admit to wanting to confess and show everyone his feelings was surprising to say the least. Oh Leo, he thought as he mentally shook his head over how love affects people.

Giving his friend another hug, N patted his shoulder. “It won’t be long until you can. Just a bit longer, be patient. Your love has not been easy since the moment you met and yet both of you still pushed on. Endure just a bit longer.”

 

Taekwoon took a deep breath. N was right, he knew this; he just needed to push aside his jealously and think clearly.

After N left and thoughts of Melody and Eunkwang together filled his mind again, he realized that it was easier said then done…