scenario four

scenarios
croquette
au, fluff
description; mir finds himself waiting for that same person to get onto his bus every weekday. inspired by a manga i read a couple of days ago that i forgot the title of. 
 
~ ~
 
is he going to be in this bus today? mir thinks as he sees that it’s the stop to incheon high school. he stares at the number of passengers going through the entrance and tries to hide the smile on his face when he sees a familiar face he’s seen a couple of times. he bows his head down when the guy and his friend stand near his seat. mir could hear him laughing and it made him feel like laughing along with him but he didn’t, he couldn’t, that’d be weird. 
 
it’s been about a three weeks since mir had noticed this guy getting on the bus every weekday to go to and from school. at first he didn’t really care, thinking that he was just a normal passenger. but the more mir saw him, the more he began to think how good looking that guy was and always seeing him joke around with his friend made mir think what kind of person he was. it was crazy. mir didn’t even know who the guy was, didn’t know his name or age, only that he takes this bus every weekday and he goes to incheon high. but that was enough for him. it was just a simple crush. and there’s no way he would ever confess, because he was a guy and that guy was a guy, if that made any sense? he never thought he would ever interact with him, what chance would he have? 
 
like bumping into him when mir was about to get off, making him drop his wallet. 
 
“hey, are you okay?” the guy bent down in order to help mir. 
 
mir’s face turned a shade of red, bowing his head down for the guy not to see. “y-yeah. thanks.” he stands up, dusting off invisible dust from his trouser. 
 
“here,” the guy hands him the item mir had dropped. “your wallet.” 
 
he takes it, mumbling a thanks then getting off the bus. he breathes out when he was out of the bus,  he then turns to look at the bus depart and maybe to catch a glimpse of that stranger only for him to quickly look away as he sees the guy staring out at him, a smile on his face and waving goodbye. 
 
mir feels incredibly hot. so hot and embarrassed because the guy knew, he just knew that mir would look back and that made him run all the way back home without stopping. when he got home, he collapsed onto the door way, breathing in and out heavily from exhaustion. 
 
 
 
mir had been trying to avoid getting on the normal bus in order to not see the stranger. he doesn’t know why but he feels embarrassed about such a small thing. was he being dumb? probably. but he couldn’t help it. he sent his head down onto the desk, feeling self pity from missing seeing someone he doesn’t even know the name of. 
 
“mir…!” a girl calls out to him. 
 
mir turns his head onto the other side, still laying his head down onto the desk and smiles at his friend. “nana, what’s up?” 
 
“let’s go home together. i don’t have any club activities today.” she said as she got her bag from the side of the desk, stuffing her books in. 
 
“sure.” mir gets up and prepares his bag as well. 
 
“by the way, is something wrong?” nana asked. 
 
“huh?” he asked confused. 
 
“it’s just that you were laying your head down onto the desk. feeling unwell?” she looked at him concerned. 
 
“oh, no, no,” he denied. “just sleepy that’s all. but i’m good now!”
 
nana smiles. “alright. let’s go.” 
 
 
 
they take the bus mir normally gets on but hasn’t been getting on for the past two days and when the bus stops in front of incheon high, mir prays that the guy wouldn’t get on today, though in the back of his mind he wants him to. 
 
just as the bus was about to close the door, a bang was heard and mir looks to the door to see the guy panting. he must’ve ran to catch the bus. the guy thanks the bus driver, and the guy’s friend also gets in panting. they took their stand next to mir, making him shrink back in his seat a little. 
 
“good thing we caught the bus, ey joon?” the stranger’s guy says and mir’s ears perk up. so his name is joon.
 
“it would’ve been a hassle waiting for the bus for another thirty minutes.” mir hears joon speaking. 
 
“you got that right.” the friend replied. 
 
mir was in his own little world. he finally got to know his crush’s name and what a nice name it was. he kept repeating the name in his head over and over again until nana nudged him. he looked at his friend, a huh written on his face. 
 
she rolled her eyes. “i’m craving some croquettes. let’s get some at that shop at the next stop i was telling you about.” 
 
“uh, sure.” mir agrees. 
 
“hey, kwanghee, i feel for croquettes but isn’t that store at the next stop usually closed on tuesdays?” joon asked. 
 
mir side glances at the two standing in front of them. 
 
the friend, now identified as kwanghee, smirks. “yeah, you’re right. it’s usually closed on tuesdays and thursdays. i wonder why.” 
 
“maybe they don’t like days that start with the letter t.” joon suggests.
 
kwanghee laughs. “probably not.” 
 
so mir and nana stays seated when the bus stops. they say nothing else to each other until they get off the bus, three stops after. 
 
“don’t you think they were being incredibly rude. listening in on our conversation like that.” nana huffs. 
 
“uh, i guess.” mir says, staring as the bus leaves once again. catching joon giving him a smile. “but if they hadn’t said anything, we would’ve went there for no reason.” 
 
nana hums. “true.”
 
and they say nothing more, walking next to each other until they separate at the next road. 
 
 
 
the next day after school, nana once again went home with mir as she didn’t have club activities. they sat on the bus, not really saying anything - they’ve been friends for a while so sitting down not talking wasn’t uncomfortable at all - and mir looked at the door when it got to incheon high bus stop. 
 
he saw joon with that friend of his, kwanghee, laughing as they entered the bus. they took their usual standing spot next to them and mir thought what if they always stood there because of him. he erased that thought as his mind playing tricks on him. as if joon would do that, they didn’t even know each other and hardly interacted except for those small exchanges before. 
 
“did you find it?” he heard kwanghee asking joon. 
 
joon groaned. “no! i can’t find that cd. it’s really hard to find old cd’s now a days.” 
 
“have you checked ‘oldies'?” 
 
“that’s the first shop i checked but they didn’t have what i was looking for.” joon said. 
 
“what cd was it again?” kwanghee asked as he got his phone out from his bag. 
 
“oasis. and it’s hard to get cd’s like these in korea.” 
 
“why don’t you just buy it online?” his friend suggested.
 
“i would if i had a card.” 
 
“you don’t have a card?” kwanghee asked. 
 
joon shook his head. “my mum has this thing about us not getting cards until we’re like 19. my sister just got on a year ago. and neither of them would let me use their cards to buy stuff online.” 
 
“oh well that , but you just gotta wait two more years.” he’s 17, just a year older than me. 
 
joon once again groaned. “that long!!”
 
mir thought of an idea. “hey, nana, doesn’t ‘banana junk’ sell like second hand stuff? from clothes to furniture to cd’s?” he said. mir glimpsed at joon a little and looked back at nana when he caught joon starring at him with a smirk. 
 
“uh, yeah, they do. why? want to go there, mir?” nana questioned. 
 
“hm, maybe. another time though.” mir said, smiling at his triumph. joon probably knows what i’m talking about, right?
 
“mm, okay. oh, here’s our stop. let’s go!” nana stood up from her seat. saying an excuse me as she passed by joon and kwanghee. mir should’ve known then from the look nana gave joon that she took a fancy to him. 
 
 
 
nana had been mir’s friend since the age of 5. they knew each other’s deepest secrets that nobody knows, for instance about mir being gay or that nana is adopted and she knows about it but hasn’t told her parents she knows. they tell each other everything. so for nana not to tell mir that after their encounter yesterday with joon and his friend, she had started to like joon, it hurt. it hurt seeing nana give him a letter the next day after school, knowing that it’s probably a confession.
 
“i’m sorry i didn’t tell you i started to like him.” nana said as they faced each other at the bus stop. “i just, i knew you fancied him but i started to like him too after that croquette thing and i couldn’t get it off my mind so i decided to just give him a letter, telling him that if he gets off this stop tomorrow with me then i want to get to know him more and that i like him. i’m sorry. i just couldn’t help myself.” 
 
mir places a hand onto her shoulder, a sign to tell her to stop rambling. “it’s fine. it’s not like i liked him that much anyway. plus, he’s probably not gay.” 
 
“uh…” nana stutters. 
 
“it’s fine. don’t worry about it. we’ve been friends for so long, this shouldn’t tear us apart. i’ll be cheering for you.” mir smiles.
 
nana begins to tear up, lunging herself at him for a hug. “you’re the best friend ever!” 
 
mir hugs her back. “yeah…” he says with a sad smile. 
 
 
 
“i’m so nervous.” nana says as she stands by mir, fidgeting. mir chuckles but doesn’t say anything. what could he say? good luck? he already told her that he would be cheering for her, which was a complete lie that made him feel immense guilt. 
 
“incheon high school.” the bus driver calls out. 
 
mir’s heart quickens. he doesn’t want joon to get on. please, don’t get on, please. he chants the same thing over and over again and when the bus is about to close the door, he hears a bang. oh no, this is deja vu all over again. he looks at the door and sees joon, huffing and puffing from running to the bus. mir notices nana shift a little but decides to ignore it. this time joon is alone and just when mir thinks that he’s going to stand next to them, he passes by in favour of sitting in the back. 
 
the bus stops and he hears nana take the deep breath. 
 
“well, this is my stop.” nana says. “see you tomorrow?” mir nods and watches nana get off the bus, waiting at the bus stop. 
 
mir turns and sees the sea of people getting off with her and he panics when he can no longer see joon. did he get off? his feet takes him closer towards the bus exit. he probably got off. nana’s hot, i would go for her if i weren’t gay. he gets closer to the bus stop but stops when he hears a familiar voice. 
 
“‘banana junk’ didn’t have what i was looking for.” 
 
mir turns around and sees joon standing right in front of him. he looks out and sees nana, waving at him and giving him a fighting sign before walking off. 
 
“any other places you would recommend?” joon asks him nonchalantly. 
 
“uh…” mir stutters. “sorry, i don’t know any other shops.” 
 
joon smiles. “that’s okay.” 
 
and they stand next to each other, in complete silence until five minutes later when the bus stops after two stops. joon grabs mir’s hand, getting off the bus.
 
“uh, where are we going?” mir asks, still not letting go of joon’s hand. 
 
“to get croquettes.” and when mir gives out a huh?, joon replies with, “it’s a friday.” 
 
“oh, okay.” mir says as he keeps following along.
 
“by the way, tell your friend i’m sorry.” joon says. “i’m gay so i can’t go out with her.” 
 
“oh.” mir didn’t know what else to say. 
 
“and that i’m most likely in love with her friend.” joon adds and that’s when mir stops. joon lets go of his hand. “you’re creeped out now, huh? sorry. i like you, your definitely my type so i can’t help it.” 
 
“oh.” he still didn’t know what to say. 
 
joon stares at him. mir stares back. 
 
“i guess you don’t want croquettes anymore.” joon says as he kicks an imaginary pebble out of the way. 
 
“i want croquettes.” mir says simply and joon looks at him.
 
“really?” joon asks in hope.
 
mir smiles for what seems to be the first time he’s ever smiled at joon before and says “yeah.” 
 
“cool.” and with that, joon takes mir’s hand once again, making their way to the croquette shop. mir couldn’t even remember the taste of the croquette but he could remember the sound of the beating of his heart and the way joon looked at him with such soft adoration in his eyes as he watched mir talk on and on about whatever he could think of and mir swears he fell in love all over again.

 
a/n; i either update after a couple of months or on the same day lol. but warning! since i've updated again, i probably won't update for some time. i really got to take time and finish all the scenarios i've started.