Where to Begin

Street

Where do I even begin? If it's a story about me you want to hear, you'll have to hear it from the beginning, and in full. It also isn't just about me. Are any stories singular or solitary with no other characters or forces acting on the person? No. Not really. We, as our own selves only make up part of what we actually are. It's all of the people we meet who affect and make us, whether it is positive or negative. In a short period of time, I have been made to be a person I never thought I would ever be, and the person I am now is so much fuller and it seems that many rough edges in my life have been sanded down. I like what I am now. It wouldn't be like this if I hadn't met the people who became more than random figures passing through. They became my mentors, my friends, my life and affected me in an infinite number of ways. 

I began as a boring person, always caring a bit too much. Especially for my little brother, who I swore to protect. I went through school with what seemed like ease, but really it was just a life within my thoughts without drama, which made my life appear to be easy. When you're confused about everything from what college to attend and what to do with your life, to your uality, life really isn't easy. So today, I tell this story feeling smoother, but like wood, I carry rings and rings of experiences, but none are more valuable or meaningful or terrifyingly different than the ones I had...on the street. 

I always felt like I needed to battle my confusion about who I was, but when it came time to decide what I was going to be in the world, I did what people expected me to do. I became a lawyer to protect others. Caring too much drove me to do whatever it took to find the truth and get justice. At the peak of my career, I found myself in a case that started off as an issue of theft, but soon evolved into a huge case involving a drugs and murder. Weeks turned into months and eventually, we found out that my own flesh and blood was involved in the case. Of course,  I wasn't allowed to participate in the trial due to the fact that my own brother was involed, however, I dug deeper to find out more. I wept and I tried to protect my family, but I couldn't.

I couldn't keep my brother out of trouble, I couldn't protect him from ruining his life and being put away for life, and I couldn't protect my family from the truth and the crumbling of our lives that came soon after. After what seemed a like a very long time, I knew I had to go. I had to get out of my office, away from my apartment, go somewhere different. One evening, I did the natural thing a person would do. I bought a bus ticket and found myself at a bar. It was definitely not the nicest bar I've been to, and they had drinks that would be suitable in helping me forget. A handsome guy, with a cocky smirk and a very overt for my horned rim glasses offered me a drink, and foolishly, while fulfilling my destiny, did I take that drink which ended up containing that little extra something that makes everything go black. 

I wasn't sure how long I was out, but when I woke up I was met with an unfamiliar face, which seemed to glow in the dark black of whatever terrifying black metal warehouse I was in. The face smirked curiously at me and all I knew then, was that I had met someone unlike anyone I had ever met before. And with a place where one peculiar face resides, there are going to be others. 

A/N: Kind of a vague first chapter, but an intro none the less. This story is narrated in first person by Onew so unless otherwise specified, Onew will be the narrator. There will be more information about his past. Thanks for subscribing everyone! Comment please I love it! Who is he gonna meet?