Milk Tea

Lost and Found

The alarm clock rang. 

Seyeon immediately got out of bed and washed up quickly.

She was off to EXO's apartment, and there was a 99% chance that there were sasaengs out there. Seyeon hoped that by going there slightly earlier, it might decrease the chances of her bumping into them; it was a Saturday after all, and anyone in their right mind would take the opportunity to sleep in. 

Seyeon wriggled into a pair of skinny jeans and tossed on a simple t-shirt and hoodie. She combed out the knots in her hair and pulled it back into a ponytail. Keeping low-profile was the key: dressing as casually as possible, so as to not attract attention. She put on her worn out converses and grabbed her backpack. 

She took a glance at her unmade bed. 

"There's no time, I should just leave." and with that, Seyeon left the hostel, without having breakfast.

Seyeon hopped onto a bus. She inconspicuously took out the sticky-note Sehun had given her. 

Tipton Service Apartments

24 Carpet Drive 

Gate Access: 9083

Apartment Access: 120475

Use the back gate if possible. See ya :) 

After a smooth 15 minute bus ride, Seyeon reached the bus stop, just opposite EXO's apartment. Just as expected, there was a crowd of about 50 girls, ranging from tweens to middle-aged ladies, hovering outside the apartment. Sasaengs were clearly not "in their right minds", they were crazily obsessed. They had laid out picnic mats, and some even brought sleeping bags- they probably camped out overnight. 

Seyeon crossed the road and casually walked past the crowd, avoiding eye contact with any of them. 

She turned round the bend to get to the back gate. 

"Well, well, if it isn't Aelyn." 

Seyeon froze. That annoying nasal voice, it couldn't be anybody else- Bethany Tang. 

"What are you doing here?" 

Seyeon's heartbeat was thumping so loudly it drowned out Bethany's voice. Of all people, why Bethany?

Bethany rolled her eyes. 

"I said, what are you doing here?" 

"...visiting." Seyeon stammered.

"Visiting? Puh-lease, do you know who lives here?" 

Seyeon shook her head.

"EXO, you idiot." 

"Oh, cool. What are you doing here?" Seyeon questioned back.

"Nothing, just protecting my Oppas from sasaeng fans.....oh my god. Don't tell me you're a sasaeng fan....why yes that must be it! YOU'RE A SASAENG. WHY ELSE WOULD YOU BE HERE? AELYN HO YOU HORRIBLE CREATURE STAY AWAY FROM EXO." 

Seyeon was slightly amused by Bethany's accusation. The way she jumped to conclusions, just like that, was pretty hilarious. 

Seyeon dismissed her. "No, really, my uncle lives here." she lied through her teeth.

She nimbly keyed in the pass code and with a beep the gate swung open. Fortunately, she had memorized the pass code earlier on the bus. Thank goodness for her acting skills. 

Bethany raised an eyebrow. 

"Thanks for keeping guard!"

Seyeon walked passed Bethany and closed the gate on her, leaving her dumbfounded.

She finally reached EXO's apartment. 

"Hi Seyeonnie~" Baekhyun greeted her warmly. 

"Yo!" Chanyeol smiled. 

"Ah, you made it." Sehun said.

EXO was excited, all dressed-up and ready to go.

"I can't wait for our food trip!" Tao squealed.

"So where are you bringing us today?" Luhan asked.

"It's a surprise." Seyeon said cheekily.

After changing into a jacket similar to an SM staff's and putting on fake glasses, Seyeon followed EXO down to their van. 

They were greeted by the shrill cries of sasaeng fans and once again, they successfully smuggled her in.

The van brought them to town.

Passers-by recognized EXO immediately as they got out of the van and soon another giant crowd was formed around them. 

Seyeon tried her best to guide EXO to their first stop, while keeping her head down.

After about two blocks, they finally reached a cafe.

"I like to come here when I'm feeling down." 

The cafe wasn't very big, it had this homey feel to it, with plush sofas everywhere. 

Sehun peered at the menu. 

"...wait a minute aren't these bubble tea?" 

The signature tapioca pearls could not be missed. 

"Yep," Seyeon grinned.

Bubble tea was usually sold in stalls, but this bubble tea stall was designed to look like a cafe. After surfing the net, it seemed that EXO were huge fans of bubble tea. A high-class bubble tea store would've pleased the members. 

The guys rushed to place their orders then sat down. Soon after, their drinks were ready. Most of them had ordered the cafe's original milk tea, except Sehun and Seyeon, who both had ordered taro milk tea.

Upon realising this, Seyeon cheered, "YEHET!" 

"OHORAT!" Sehun responded, proceeding to give his sister a high five. 

"What was that?" Kai asked. 

Seyeon giggled. "It's nothing, it's just our codewords. We've been using them since we were kids. When either one of us says "yehet", the other responds with "ohorat".

"You guys are weird." Chanyeol said.

Sehun stuck his tongue out at him. 

The members slurped up their milk tea.

"I'd like to stay here all day." Lay sighed. 

"Yeah me too." Tao agreed, and so did the others.

Seyeon had planned out places to bring the members, even to bring them to food courts to try local dishes all at one go, but they were just too lazy to get going. Getting out of the cafe meant facing a suffocating swarm of fans.

And so, they stayed in the cafe the entire afternoon, just talking and relaxing.

"So Seyeon, when's your final exams?" Kris asked, popping a mint in his mouth. 

"Uhm, in 3 weeks. I'm not sure if there's enough time to study..."

"Don't be silly! You'll do fine! Sehun showed us your progress reports" Chen snorted.

"Yeah, you should just go straight to university already!" Tao added.

"Not true....I still have lots to learn.....anyway, what about you? How's your schedule?" Seyeon asked.

"Hectic. Really hectic. We'll be filming our new music video from Monday." Suho sighed.

"Which takes an entire week." Lay added.

"But from past experience, it gets dragged to two." Sehun grumbled. 

"Plus we'll be having photoshoots." Xiumin added.

".... Which basically means that we'll have no more free time." Baekhyun pouted, "so much for a holiday." 

"I'll be busy studying and all of you would be busy filming right? I guess we won't be seeing each other for a while..." Seyeon said. 

"Yeah....sorry Yeon. Come over and play after your finals alright?" Sehun said apologetically.

"Nah it's fine Oppa! I understand." 

EXO's food trip pretty much failed, but at least they got their all-time favourite bubble tea. Bubble tea and friends, what more could they ask for?