Prologue

When it Happens

Prologue: The Cruel World of Reality

 

Standing in the middle of a shattered mess, I'm staring at the family who are now to replace my parents. Their eyes sneered back at me with contempt, as if to test my non-existent powers.

Swallowing the lump of fear that continued to grow in my throat, I opened my mouth, hoping the words wouldn't tremble as I forced them out.

"Uncle, why are you doing this?"

His eyes flash fire, and his mouth twists into another scowl as he spits out the words. "I want you out of my sight and out of this family. Now."

My nails dig into my palms, creating ugly grooves. "Why?"

Now, I dare to look up at him--at the man who was supposed to uphold the will of my deceased parents and take care of me. The bluish veins are throbbing visibly at his temples, and there is a purplish hue that shades his face.

"HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY AUTHORITY?" he roared, digging his heel into an already-cracked plate. The beautiful china shatters to pieces. "CURSED, WICKED CHILD! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT! AND IF YOU DARE SET FOOT IN THIS PLACE AGAIN, I SWEAR TO THE HEAVENS THAT I WILL CHARGE AGAINST YOU FOR COMMITTING MURDER!"

Holding back the tears that threatened to overflow, I blindly sprint out of the house.

Now, I was at the mercy of the cruel, cold-hearted world of reality.


Okay, so here it is. The prologue.

Sorry if it's a bit short. I honestly didn't think it would be. T^T

Well...I hope you enjoy it. This is how everything begins...