Who Passed The Audition?

Journey To Success

After few days…

“An’nin, are you still mad at me?” Rena asks. She doesn’t stop apologizing to Anna after what she had done in the audition.

“I don’t want to talk to you.” Anna said and reads her book.

“I am just trying to help.” Rena said.

Anna didn’t listen to her.

The bell rings indicates that the class will start now, Rena has no choice but to go back to her classroom.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Lunch Break…

Yamamoto Sayaka is at the rooftop of their school building and quietly eats. She is always eating there alone since she doesn’t have any friends.

It’s been 5 days and the SME doesn’t call her. She wonders if she failed the audition.

She stares at her handphone and sighed. After few seconds she decided to put back her handphone in her pocket. Just then, it rings!

She quickly answers the call. “Moshi moshi.” She said. Her heart is beating faster when she answers the call.

“Good afternoon. Is this Miss Yamamoto Sayaka?”

“Hai.” She answered.

“I’m Miss Takahashi Minami. This is from SM Entertainment. I would like to inform you that you passed the audition.”

Her eyes widened when she heard that she passed the audition.

“R-Really?”

“Hai. You need to come here on Saturday at 1:00 in the afternoon and also with your parents.”

“But my parents are working in abroad.” She said.

“Guardian will do.”

“Hai. We will come.” She said.

“See you on Saturday.”

“Hai!” she said.

After the call, Sayaka scream and jump. She is really happy right now.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Anna is on the cafeteria with Rena during lunch break. Rena bought lots of snacks for Anna just forgive her.

“An’nin, gomene.” Rena said.

Anna didn’t even look at her. Just then, her handphone rings.

“Moshi moshi?” she said.

“Is this Miss Iriyama Anna?”

“Hai.” She said.

“My name is Maeda Atsuko and I am from SM Entertainment. I would like to tell you that you passed the audition.”

“Eh?!”

“Congratulation! Please come here on Saturday at 1:00 pm. bring your parents, too.”

“H-Hai. Thank you.” Anna said and ends the call.

“What is it?” Rena asks.

“I passed the audition.” Anna said.

“Really? Kyaaaahhhh!!!” Rena screamed that makes the students look at them.

“Yah! Don’t scream!” Anna embarrassing said.

Rena didn’t mind her and stands up on the chair. “Everyone, my friend here passed the audition in SM Entertainment.” She announced.

“Congrats.” The students said.

“Takada, close the cafeteria doors. Everyone who is here can eat all they want. My treat!” Rena said and took out her gold credit card.

Everyone cheered.

“You’re the best, Kato!” one of her classmates said.

“Eat all you want until the lunch break ends!” Rena said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Umeda Ayaka is busy at the store when she received the call from SME. “Thank you very much! I will come.” Ayaka happily said.

“What happened?’ Yuka asks.

“I passed the audition!” Ayaka said.

Yuka screamed and jumped. “Congratulations!” Yuka said. “I told you, you will gonna make it.”

“Yeah.” Ayaka said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

After the class ends, Kitahara Rie quickly left.

“Yah! Kitahara! We need to clean the classroom!” her friend Nito Moeno said.

“Gomene! I’ll clean the classroom next week!” Rie said.

“Let her go, Nito. She is just excited to go home and tell the news.” Takajo Aki said.

“What news?” Moeno asks.

……………………………………………………………………………….

“Okasan! Okasan!” Rie shouts.

“Where’s the fire?” her mom asks.

“There’s no fire.” Rie said.

“Then why are you in a hurry?” her mom asks.

“I passed the audition!” Rie said.

“What audition?” her mom asks.

“The audition for second generation of Shoujo Jidai!” she said and screamed.

“Really? Are you sure?” her mom asks.

“Hai! They called me a while ago.” She said.

Her mom jumps and screams. “You’re really my daughter.” Her mom said and hugs her.

“Otosan will be shocked later.” She said.

“We need to celebrate. What do you want to eat? I’ll cook it for you.” Her mom said.

“Anything you want.” She said. “I’ll go to my room and change.”

“Ok. Ok.” Her mom said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

That night when Sayaka arrives at her home her parents are there, which is unusual, but it seems that she does not exist when she enters the mansion because her parents are both busy talking on their handphones.

She went straight to her room to change her clothes then goes to the dining room. Her parents are already there.

“Sayaka, let’s eat.” Her mom said.

She nodded and sat on her chair.

“How’s school?” her mom asks.

“Fine.” She said while eating the steak.

“Do you have friends?” her mom asks.

Sayaka shook her head.

“Why?” her mom asks. “They don’t like you?”

“They want to be friends to me because I am rich not because I am what I am.” She said.

“Do you want to transfer to another school?” her mom asks.

“No need.” She said. “It would not make any difference.”

Her mom doesn’t know what to say.

“Mom, I auditioned in SM Entertainment.” She said.

“You what?” her dad asks.

“I auditioned in SM Entertainment to be the one of the second generation of Shoujo Jidai and I passed the audition.” She said.

“You shouldn’t do that! You are Yamamoto’s heir!” her dad angrily said. “I won’t allow you.”

“I am not telling you this to allow me. I am just informing you. I already passed the audition and all I need is to train.” She said. “Ever since I was young, I wanted to be a singer but I had no chance to tell you that because ever since I was young you are both busy going in and out of Japan. You don’t have time for me. Now that I want to be a singer, I hope that you will respect that.”

“But-”

“Hon, let her do what she wants after all she is still young. Passing the business to her is still far away.” Her mom said.

“Ok fine.” Her dad said.

For the first time, Sayaka smiled. A true smile that came from her heart.

“Thanks, mom, dad!” she said and hugs them.

“Anything for my daughter. I know we’ve been busy and this is my only way to repay all the time we are not here for you.” Her mom said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Saturday…

Anna enters the meeting room with her mom. Four people are already inside the room.

She sat on the vacant chair.

“Ohayou Gozaimasu!” Anna’s mom greets the other mothers. “I am Anna’s mom.”

“Ah… I am Airi’s mom.” The other mom said.

“And I am Miori’s mom.” Another mom said.

The other people came in.

Rie’s mom easily gets close to the other mothers. Soon, the mothers are busy talking.

Only one trainee is missing.

Sayaka and her mom enter the room.

All of them stare at them.

“Isn’t she Yamamoto Shiori?” Rie’s mom asks.

“Hai.” Rie said.

They watched the two sitting on their chairs.

Just then, 4 women enter the room.

“Good afternoon.” The shortest girl said. “My name is Takahashi Minami and I am the vocal trainer of them. This is Maeda Atsuko and she will discuss to you about the terms and rules of being a trainee.”

“Good afternoon. The Shoujo Jidai will not be here but later they will join us here.” Atsuko said. “First, I would like to tell you what will be the Shoujo Jidai 2nd Generation’s role. Everyone thought that they are the replacement of Shoujo Jidai’s 1st Generation but it is not true. The 2nd Generation will be like EXO-M. EXO-M is a sub group of EXO which promotes in China while EXO-K promotes in Korea but they are promoting the same song. Now, when Shoujo Jidai promotes their song in Korea the 2nd Generation will promote the same song here in Japan.”

“So, they will be the sub group of Shoujo Jidai, right?” Anna’s mom asks.

“Exactly.” Atsuko said. “The girls will be under our training until they are ready for their debut.”

“Do we need to sign a contract or something so our daughters can train?” Rie’s mom asks.

“Not a contract but a letter about you approving your daughter to be a trainee of SM. I will discuss to you now the terms and rules of being a trainee in SM.” Atsuko said.

Maeda Atsuko discussed the terms of being a trainee.

“Do you understand?” Atsuko asks.

“Hai.” They all said.

“Here are the letters that you need to sign for your approval.” Atsuko said. Takahashi Minami and the other women passed the letters.

“I must remind you that there are no exact how many months they will gone in training. We will train them until we know that they are ready to debut.” Atsuko said.

“How many months usually the training?” Umeda Ayaka’s mom asks.

“It is different. Some members of Shoujo Jidai trained for 7 years before they debut some SM artists took only a month or the others 6 months.” Atsuko said.

“7 years? My Ayaka will debut at the age of an old woman?” Ayaka’s mom asks.

“Mom, don’t be so exaggerated.” Ayaka said.

“In case of them, I don’t think they will need to train for 7 years.” Atsuko said forcing not to laugh. “And after you sign the letters I will introduce to you the trainers.”

The mothers signed the letters.

“Now for introducing the trainers.”Atsuko said. “You already met Takahashi Minami, the vocal trainer. Next, Itano Tomomi, the dance trainer. Miyazawa Sae, the variety trainer, she handles the emcee, hosting, etc. Oshima Yuko, the acting trainer. Akimoto Sayaka, the physical and modeling trainer and also the language trainer. As you can see, they will not focus only in singing and dancing but they need to be trained in all aspects.”

Just then, the Shoujo Jidai came in.

“Good afternoon.” They greet.

“Mothers, this is the Shoujo Jidai.” Atsuko introduced them.

“They will be here to announce one by one who they chose and represents them.” Atsuko said. “Miss Taeyeon, you can start now.”

“Hai.” Taeyeon said. “Good afternoon. I am Kim Taeyeon, the leader and the main vocalist of the group. I chose Umeda Ayaka to be the leader of the 2nd generation.”

“You hear that, Ayaka? You’re the leader.” Ayaka’s mom happily said.

“I’m Jessica Jung, the main vocalist of the group. I chose Iriyama Anna to represents me in 2nd Generation.” Jessica said.

Anna isn’t happy to be Jessica’s represent. She hates Jessica after telling her a coward.

“Hello! My name is Sunny Lee, I am the lead vocal of the group and also the aegyo queen, aegyo means kawaii. I chose Ichikawa Miori to be the aegyo princess.” Sunny said.

“I am not surprise.” Rie whispered.

“Hello everyone! My name is Tiffany Hwang and I am the lead vocal too and also in-charge of English. I chose Yamamoto Sayaka to represent me in her group.” Tiffany said.

“She chose well.” Sayaka’s mom whispered.

“Hello, mothers and future Shoujo Jidai 2nd Generation. I am the sub vocal and the main dancer and also the rapper sometimes, Kim Hyoyeon. I chose Fujie Reina to be me and I know she can do it.” Hyoyeon said.

“I’ll do my best.” Reina said.

“I’m Kwon Yuri, same with Hyoyeon’s position and I chose Mutou Tomu to represent me.” Yuri said.

“Hi! My name is Choi Sooyoung, the lead dancer and sub vocal and fluent in Japanese. I chose Kitahara Rie to be me because I can see myself to her.” Sooyoung said.

Rie feels happy after Sooyoung said that.

“Konnichiwa! I am Im Yoona, the center of the group and I chose Furukawa Airi to be the center of 2nd Generation.” Yoona said.

“Good afternoon. I am the maknae, meaning the youngest, of the group and also the lead vocal, Seohyun. I chose Iwasa Misaki to represent my role in 2nd Generation.” Seohyun said.

“We will not always be here to help you in your training but still every time we are here, we will train you to be our 2nd Generation. Don’t expect it to be easy on you for us girls also trained in a hard way to be idols.” Taeyeon said. “Miss Maeda, could you give them the schedules for their training?”

“Hai!” Atsuko said.

……………………………………………………………………………….

The first day of training…

Their training is 7 days a week. Every Monday to Friday their schedule is after their class until 9:00 in the evening while in weekend their schedule is 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.

“Hello, girls! We meet again.” It was the vocal trainer, Takahashi Minami. “First of all, I would like you to know that I will train you all equally. Example, even though Ayaka is the Taeyeon 2nd Generation while Airi is the Yoona 2nd Generation, I will train them equally. Did you get what I mean?”

“Hai!” they said.

“Good! Let’s start the training.” Taeyeon said.

They didn’t know that Taeyeon and Seohyun are watching them from the door.

“Do you think they will be able to pass the training?” Seohyun asks.

“It is still too early to tell but I think they will.” Taeyeon said.

“Do you think they will develop a friendship like we are?” Seohyun asks.

“Maybe but their age when they start to train is different from ours. We just like grew up together.” Taeyeon said.

“You’re right.” Seohyun said.

“Let’s go.” Taeyeon said and left.

Seohyun looks at Misaki before following Taeyeon.