Chapter 22

It Is (Not) Too Late

Another month had passed again and Jongin finally woke up. It was already night time. Kyungsoo felt that a huge stone weighing down his heart as he stopped the urge to visit his lover. He didn’t want to show his struggle because he didn't want to cause extra trouble for Ji Eun. Of course, it couldn’t escape from Ji Eun’s hawk eyes so she tried hard to do what she had to do.

The tanned male expected to see his baby Soo once he woke up, but the one he saw was the person that he never, ever wanted to see: Lee Ji Eun.

“What are you doing here?” he frowned.

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m hereby taking care of you, since you’re my husband,” she acted innocently.

“Why are you here?! Where’s Kyungsoo?” he stared coldly at her.

“Oh, your so-called boyfriend? There’s no reason for him to be here,” she said with a slight smirk.

“What have you done?! What did you say to him?!” he asked furiously.

“Told him the truth,” she shrugged.

“You wretched--! What truth?? You never tell the truth! You ing b****!” he cursed at her as much as he could.

“Don’t get mad, Jongin. You can’t change the facts so just accept it.”

“What the hell did you ACTUALLY say to him?!!” Ji Eun was seriously getting on his nerves.

“You do know that you have an illness. You should control your emotions so that you can recover,” she acted concerned.

Jongin felt extremely irritated with her words, but he was also tired since he had just woken up from a coma and now had gottem provoked by this witch. Not long after that, he fell asleep without knowing that Kyungsoo was looking at him sadly somewhere.

 

~After Jongin felt asleep~

“Is he okay? Jongin doesn’t look too good,” the doe eyed male asked worriedly.

“It’s okay, as long as he doesn’t get into coma anymore. Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing,” she patted his shoulder assuredly.

Kyungsoo still didn’t look convinced enough with her words because he was afraid that Jongin would get hurt or maybe he would do something stupid.

 

~The next day~

Ji Eun entered Jongin’s room along with a lunchbox.

“Why are you here again?” the tanned male looked annoyed.

“I’m your wife, of course I have to take care of you and our baby wants to visit you as well. This is chicken stewed soup.” She delicately placed the lunchbox on his table while touching her tummy.

“What do you think you’re doing? You know that’s not all you have to say!” He refused to eat the soup she had made.

“You have to eat this, it’s good for your health,” she insisted him to drink.

This chicken stewed soup had actually been cooked by Kyungsoo. It was all according to his personal taste and his health conditions. Ji Eun wanted to test whether Jongin could figure out the taste of this soup.

At last, Jongin was willing to try the soup and his expression changed when he drank the first mouthful. Ji Eun kept on looking at his expression and expected something to be happened.

“This soup… Are you the one who cooked it?” Jongin asked out of curiosity.

“What do you think?” She giggled teasingly. Oh yeah, my plan worked! She felt proud of herself.