Nocturne part 2

YoonYul Collections

 

A/N: so chapter 1 is about their ending, and chapter 2 is about where everything began, how YoonYul could meet and fell in love.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“KWON YURIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Sooyoung’s scream was enough to wake the living dead, or in their case a house full of vampires. A tired looking Taeyeon rubs her eyes sleepily as she steps out of her bedroom to deal with Sooyoung’s fury.

“What is this about Soo?”

“What is this about?!” Sooyoung stomps angrily towards her leader “It’s about you… “Poking the short leader right at her chest. “not being able to take control of that dark skinned kid!!!”

“Pfffttt… You’re saying it as if you’re light.”

“I may be dark in appearance but my heart is as pure as a freshly drop snow. But that Kwon Yuri! Her skin is as dark as her whole soul!!!!”

All Taeyeon could do is roll her eyes on Sooyoung’s ridiculous statements. “Why? What did Yuri do now?” Taeyeon says lifelessly, like a mother trying to stop her two kids from killing each other.

“She stole my food…” Sooyoung whines “I was saving that for a special occasion but when I check up to look at it, it’s gone… and it was a type AB blood too…” Sooyoung cries out.

Taeyeon mutters a sigh “Fine… I’ll talk to her.”

*

Taeyeon crawls back into bed…

“So, what was all that screaming about?”

Taeyeon raises her head and sees Tiffany standing by her bed.

“What else? Yuri and her antics.” Taeyeon plops her head back.

“Maybe you need to finally talk to her.”

“Pany-yah… What for? We all know that Yuri is just like that, she’s our little pistol. Carefree and just doesn’t give a about anyone.”

“Well… maybe that’s what she needs, something or someone to care about…” Taeyeon felt the bed dipped as Tiffany sits by her “I was thinking that maybe we could give her some responsibility and maybe it would help her grow up a bit.”

“Responsibility?” Taeyeon was unsure where Tiffany is going with this “Like make her clean the house or something?”

“Of course not. Something that will make her feel like we trust her.”

Taeyeon was getting more confused by the minute. “Where are you going with this?”

“The Ims…”

“What?!” Taeyeon quickly shot up from her bed “Are you crazy?! Oh hell no!”

Taeyeon’s voice was filled with authority but Tiffany wasn’t the type to back off either.

“And why not? All she just needs to do is keep watch, make sure Junho and his boys aren’t going to touch them.”

Taeyeon scoffs until now she wasn’t buying into Tiffany’s idea. “That is if Yuri would keep watch, that girl can’t keep still for a second! There is no way she’s going to stay in one place for a whole night and if she would, she would just probably go to sleep! I already have Sunny and Hyoyeon to do it. Yuri would-”

Tiffany cuts Taeyeon off. “Then let Sunny and Hyo watch over Yul for a night, see how the girl does.”

“They wouldn’t like it.”

“Being a leader means making the hard decision for the group. right now we know how powerful and dangerous Yuri is. What we need to do is guide her, mold her to be the future of the hunters. It would be such a waste if we won’t be able to do anything.”

“Fine.”

Taeyeon might agree verbally but it doesn’t mean she was buying it.

*

Yuri sips the remaining drop of Sooyoung’s food like a juice from a tetra pack and carelessly throws the blood bag out. She tucks her hand underneath her head, enjoying the feel of the warm sun as she lays on the roof, ready to sleep after a satisfying snack.

“Yuri-yah...”

Yuri’s face scrunches up to the sound of her leader “I’m going to nap...”

Taeyeon don’t even know why she’s doing this, dealing with this immature, lazy bum.

“I need you to do something tonight.”

Yuri turns on her stomach and pretends to sleep.

“You have no choice, you’re still going to listen…”

SNORES...

Taeyeon grits her teeth but she kept on. “I need you to keep watch over the Im’s.”

Yuri opens an eye and frowns at Taeyeon. “You want me to babysit humans now?”

“Look Yul, you know this is what we do. We protect humans because we could. The Ims are good people, but the Horvejkul isn’t… They want to take control of the Im’s political territory but the Ims won’t let them. The Horvejkul already hired Junho’s clan to protect them. Sooner or later, they’ll just pay Junho to massacre the Ims and we need to stop that before it could happen.”

“And we care about the Ims because?”

“Because they’re good people and there isn’t much of those left in the world.” Taeyeon sits beside Yuri. “But the good people aren’t necessarily the strongest and it won’t take long before people with ill intentions get rid of them or worse poison them to their sides.”

Taeyeon looks over to the girl and sees that even if Yuri still looks out of it. She was giving her full attention to every word that her leader is saying.

“And we… were given the strength and power to protect them when no one else would. We have to do our damn hardest to make this sick world right again…”

Yuri closes her eyes “Fine. Since you asks so nicely.”

Taeyeon smiles before stepping out of the roof… Yuri opens her eyes when she felt that Taeyeon wasn’t close anymore. The raven haired girl scowls, cause now she wasn’t sleepy at all.

“Damn that midget.”

*

Sunny and Hyoyeon pops out from the tree and growls at the sight in front of them.

“That idiot! She’s napping!”

“You!”


Yuri almost rolls out of the roof when Sunny’s foot landed on her leg. But Sunny got on her before she could throw the short girl of the roof.

“You idiot! Did you see the Ims just drove away!”

“Oh they did?” Yuri said without a hint of concern “Well… I’m watching their house make sure nobody steals from it. You like to drive around Sunny, why don’t you hop on the roof of their car and take a road trip?”

“You’re going on a road trip to hell when I’m done with you!!!”

Hyoyeon pulls the angry bunny of the tanned girl. “Hey! Hey! Cut that out!"

But their petty argument came to a stop when they felt some movement inside the Im’s home. The three girls skated slowly to the edge of the roof, trying to get a closer view of the Im’s mansion.

“Who lives in their house?”

“A couple of servants and a daughter.”

The three girls looks closely, prepared to lunge when they see a girl opening the balcony door. And the girl was simply stunning, with a book in hand, the girl sighs dreamily before sitting down on the balcony rocking chair.

Hyoyeon and Sunny were surprised when it suddenly grew too quiet. They immediately sees the immediate change on their choding sister’s whole demeanor.

“C’mon Sunny, let’s go trail the Ims… I think Yuri can watch the house by herself.”

Yuri didn’t even realized the two left and she was left there just staring. Because in that very moment, as if the entire world kept on turning while Yuri was stuck in time the moment she laid eyes on Im Yoona.

*

Sooyoung takes a biteful of breakfast and raised her brow when she sees the empty spot on the table more and more frequently.

“I haven’t seen Kwon for like a week. Did a werewolf finally ate her or something?”

“She’s guarding the Ims…”

And everyone in the dinner table, even the lethargic Jessica woke up to Sunny’s sentence.

“She? Kwon Yuri? Doing something?”

Hyo scoffs… “More of guarding the Ims daughter.”

“Yeah, I think she got a crush on that cute girl Yoona.”

Taeyeon groans, Yuri should be guarding the whole Im family not her crush.

*

Yuri sighs dreamily as she plops on her bed, she checks her watch impatiently.

2 hours and 37 minutes before she could see Yoona again.

After watching the girl for a week, she knew what Yoona does every second of her life. From the moment she wakes up, to the breakfast she eats, to her different class schedules, school meetings and of course a trip to the library before heading home.

The girl as cute as she is was a nerd- a cute one at that- a very cute one. The girl reads books, one whole novel in just three days that would probably take Yuri all her vampire years to read.

Yuri loves seeing the way Yoona’s eyes glow as her fingers would skim on the library books in the shelves. The cute pout when the girl would battle which book she would take until finally deciding to take both, and of course what Yuri loves the most is watching Yoona read, at every word, You could clearly see it in her expressions, the books could make Yoona cry, laugh and smile.

And unconsciously, Yoona have made Yuri wished of a different life, a life with Yoona in it.

*

“Pany-yah?”

“Yes Yul?”

Tiffany was almost taken aback at the sight. The smug Yuri looks like a cute puppy and in her hand, something Tiffany would never even dare dream of seeing. Yuri was clutching a book.

“Is this a good book?”

Yuri holds a murder mystery novel. But before Tiffany could answer her, she was interrupted by a scoff.

“Yuri-yah, don’t pressure your brain that much” Sooyoung chimes in “Why don’t you start learning your alphabet first before you started reading big people’s book?”

“I’m going to kill you!!!!”

*

Yuri takes a deep breath. She knows the Im’s would probably be out again to some ball or something boring like that and Yoona would probably stay home. The cute nerd that she is and just read her book.

This was it, with her book in her hand, Yuri felt it was time to finally talk to the girl. Yuri almost panic when she sees the look of fear in Yoona’s eyes and mentally curse herself. Of course the girl would be scared, there was a complete stranger in her balcony, why didn’t she thought of meeting Yoona in school like those vampires in twilight did?

“Don’t go… here.”

Yuri held out the novel then sits on the rocking chair where Yoona always sits.

“Come read this to me.”

Yoona didn’t even utter a single word and just stares at the book. OMO! Does my choice of book seem boring for her? Yoona clears and leans on the railing as far away from Yuri.

“No… come here.”

Yuri pats the spot next to her and smiles. Yoona was still hesitant but Yuri quickly pulls her to sit beside her.

“I’m Kwon Yuri.”

 

“Im Yoona.”

“So, tell me, Im Yoona… why do you like books so much?

Great. If I’m a creep a few minutes ago, this would completely put me in a stalker watch.

“How would you know that?”

Yuri pouts thoughtfully before grinning goofily. “I have magic powers.”

And Yoona didn’t know what to make out of the girl but instantly smiles before adding. “Or you’re a stalker?”

“A stalker with magic powers.” Yuri grins toothily and at the sound of Yoona’s laugh, Yuri felt heart falter. “So, tell me, Yoona… why do you like books?”

“Ummm… it takes me to this world… I tend to imagine a lot and Books are my way to take me there.”

“This is a good book.” Says the NY times bestsellers…

Yuri stares at those lovely, long fingers skimming through the pages before looking up and smiling at Yoona. Yoona smiles sweetly before she clears and starts reading.

Yuri felt Yoona staring at her. And as she stare at the doe eyed beauty, there was nothing Yuri would have wanted to do, but to take those red lips on hers. She stops before she could do something so abrupt.

“Keep reading.” She commands.

Yoona smiled and continues… Until she unconsciously let out a yawn.

“Can I come visit you tomorrow night?” Yuri asks wishing her voice didn’t sound so eager.

Yoona nods “I’m looking forward to it.”

*

“And in their last breath, they softly whisper their I love yous… The end.”

Yoona sighs heavily after reading the last part, hoping her love story won’t turn as tragic as the books she reads. She turned into the last page and sees a small, white flower placed in there. She gingerly rubs it in her finger, then turns sneakily at the girl sitting beside her. And the choding that Yuri is, yelp cutely in surprise before pretending to sleep.

“Did you fall asleep on me?” Yoona tickles Yuri, earning another yelp…

“What? Why are you bothering me?” Yuri groans while nuzzling on Yoona’s neck. Yoona tries to still her nerves everytime Yuri does that. Not only cause Yuri seem so cold everytime but something but the raven haired girl just makes Yoona’s heart to jump of her chest. And she's starting to wonder, if Yuri feel that way about her too…

Yoona didn’t know what have gotten into her but she knows that she doesn’t want to wait anymore. She needs to find out what it was. Yoona Yuri’s hand with her finger and Yuri couldn’t help but look back at her. Seeing that Yuri didn’t pull away or look disgusted, Yoona slowly intertwines her fingers with Yuri, until their hands were lock on each other.

Yuri pulls Yoona’s hand towards her lips and presses a soft kiss on it.

And with that gesture, one small gesture Yoona knew that those stories on the books can happen after all.

“Don’t you know how to read?”

Yuri raises both their hands, refusing to let go even if she just scratches her head. “I don’t like it if it doesn’t have pictures”

“Keke… you want me to draw it?”

“I saw your paintings, I thought a 5 year old did it.”

Yoona rolls her eyes. “So cocky, as if you could do any better.”

“You dare mock the amazing artistic talents of Kwon Yuri?”

“Oh no! please… don’t hurt me.”

After a few more banters and laughter filling the air, Yuri felt like it was the right time to tell Yoona everything. Yuri doesn’t want to be just Yoona’s friend anymore, she wants to be more than that… She wants to be the one that Yoona would run to when something is bothering her, the one who would wrap around Yoona in her arms whenever she cries, the one to make her laugh and above all she wants to be the one that Yoona would love back.

“I just like to hear your voice…”

Yuri closed her eyes unsure of how Yoona’s expression was going to be. She slowly opens them and she sees the look on Yoona’s eyes, the same kind of look she has whenever she thinks of Yoona.

“You don’t know the world where I belong to. It’s messed up and damaged but when I hear your voice or even just think of you. You made me feel like I’ll be alright. You take me to your world and there is nothing else I want to do but stay there. But it’s not just your voice, Yoona… it’s you, I know how close we are physically but I always feel like it’s never enough… and when were apart, I start missing you. I can never have enough of you, I need to have you…”

Yuri has dealt with the greatest of all evil and some maniacal creatures. But none of those scared her, the way Yoona did when she pulled away. Was she imagining the look? Doesn’t Yoona feel the same way about her too?

“Then… I’m yours...”

And just when Yuri felt her whole world was nothing more but a death sentence, here was Yoona coming into her life and making her look forward to something again. And Yuri stares at Yoona’s lips, it was calling her, asking her to take them until she does. She softly presses her lips not wanting to scare Yoona away, but what she received was a kiss that have melted away all her problems, all her worries. A kiss that made Yuri believe that good things still exist…

*

Yuri sits on Yoona's bed watching Yoona in front of her. The poor girl was nervous, her hands trembling as she s her blouse in front of Yuri.

Yuri hold unto Yoona's hand and smiles at the girl. She let her hand run into the thin fabric of Yoona's shirt before ing Yoona's blouse, pushing it out of the way. She pulled Yoona to lay with her and what was a nervous kiss turned into passion as Yoona wrap her arms around Yuri, deepening their kiss.

And Yuri love Yoona more when she felt the girl tremble with her touch.

And she loves Yoona more as she heard Yoona moan her name in between kisses

And as they made love, Yuri could never love more as much as she loves Yoona.

*

Taeyeon and Tiffany looks worriedly at each other.

“But Mr. Im… Are you sure about this?”

“Yes, Ms. Kim. I discuss this with my wife and I think this decision is going to be best not only for my people but also for my daughter.”

“But a merger with the Horvejkul? I don’t think it would be idealistic.”

Mrs. Im quickly cut off Taeyeon before the girl could convince her husband to not make the deal. “We have met Nichkhun, he’s a very, very charming man, well educated and owns his business. He will make the ideal husband for Yoona.”

Taeyeon worried more for Yuri, she never thought Yuri was capable of caring for someone but Yoona quickly change that. Yuri not only cared about Yoona, she’s madly in love with her too. Seeing that Taeyeon was at the lost of words, Tiffany decided to speak up.

“What did your daughter say about this?”

“She agreed.”

And both girls look surprise “She did?”

“Yes. Why?”

*

The girl was crying… crying to the point where her blood comes out but every tear does nothing but satisfy Junho’s sadism.

He could let the poor girl cry a little bit more but he was getting hungry. Just when he’s about to sink his teeth on her, the unexpected strong force that lunges at him ended with him almost colliding on the wall.

He snickers when he sees her, gorgeous and powerful, Kwon Yuri could overtake the vampire world if Taeyeon and her stupid ideals didn’t get to her first.

“Bravo Yuri… Didn’t thought you still have time to fight the bad guys now that you’re busy ing that Im girl…”

Junho quickly felt her nails digging into his neck.

“I don’t like the sound of my girlfriend’s name coming out of your mouth. So, you better not say her name anymore or I’ll rip your head off.” Yuri snarls.

Junho was more amused… “Oh- hoh… but Yul, that girl, she’s human and you’re… this… Do you think you two will end up together?”

“I’ll do anything that I can…”

“Well, buddy, let me tell you this…” Junho leans closer to whisper “I don’t think she would be needing you to watch over her anymore.”

“W-what do you mean?”

“What I mean is… Now that’s she’s going to marry a Horvejkul, We are taking over protecting both the Ims and Horvejkul”

And Junho smiles at the sight of Yuri crumbling in front of him. This would have been a perfect time to slit but decided that seeing Yuri tortured and heartbroken was much more pleasurable than death.

*

Everyone who witness the wedding would agree that there is no one more breathtaking than the bride walking in the aisle towards the equally breathtaking groom.

But no one knows, no one will ever know that there was never a heart more tortured than Yoona’s.

Yuri left without even giving her a chance to explain. She wants Yuri to know how her family was left with no choice and marrying Nichkhun was the only way to spare her family.

And as she take her steps, each one heavier than the other, it felt more like her funeral than her wedding. And with the life that she’s about to have, she might as well be dead…

And softly, so softly she whispers, hoping somewhere out there Yuri would hear.

“I love you, Yuri...”

*

“Yuri-yah… guess who volunteered for red cross today?”

Sooyoung says happily as she was carrying bags of blood. The long legged vampire scratches her head seeing that the girl’s room was empty again.

“Gosh… She’s hit worse than I thought.”

*

Yuri sits up when she sees Yoona stepping out of the balcony with a book in tow. Yoona have been married for 5 months and Yuri haven’t talk to her longer than that. But here was Yuri, every night watching over Yoona.

Yoona was usually alone at night while Nichkhun is out and about philandering. But when Nichkhun would go home at night, that’s when Yuri was tortured the most. Because that’s when Yoona, the woman she loves would become one with Nichkhun.

“Hey...”

Yuri looks and sees Sooyoung sipping from a blood bag…

“You want some?”

“I’m not hungry…”

Yuri turns back to Yoona, she could see Yoona’s lips moving as she reads. And a few pages later, her tears starts falling endlessly. That second, Yuri wished nothing but wipe her tears away.

“Why don’t you talk to her?”

“Why should I?”

“Yuri… The book is not the reason why she’s crying.”

*

Yoona closes her eyes, not again, she’s imagining too much again… But the felt of an icy cold hand on her shoulders made Yoona turns from her bed and before she could say something, Yuri have wrap her in an embrace.

Yuri hushes Yoona, wiping the girl’s tears away with her thumb. She slowly meld their lips together, a kiss that made their grieving heart, beating again.

Yuri pulls away hesitantly and starts pressing kisses on Yoona’s neck.

“I-I I’m pregnant.”

There was so much fear in Yoona’s voice, so much worry and Yuri pulls away so she could stare back into those doe eyes. Yuri smiles reassuringly, a smile promising Yoona that she will never leave her again before pulling Yoona’s shirt and kissing the small bump in her stomach.

“I know it’s that bastard's but don’t worry, I’ll raise her with you. She’s going to be our baby.” Yuri says softly while laying her head on my stomach.

“Our baby… I like the sound of that.”

And in each other’s arms, they felt like it was right to dream again.

*

“OW!” Yuri jokingly jerks her head away from Yoona’s stomach “Our baby can kick.”

Yoona starts laughing “You’re bothering her too much.”

Yuri kisses Yoona’s tummy before pushing herself up to kiss Yoona on the lips.

“Yuri? What’s wrong?” Yoona asks worriedly when Yuri suddenly grew quiet.

“Ummm… he’s here…”

Yoona wraps Yuri in her arms, wishing Yuri could take her away from there.

“I know Yoona…” Yuri kisses her reassuringly… “I’ll come back…”

“Ok” Yoona kisses her back “I love you.”

Yuri kisses her more “I love you too.”

They kiss for the last time as Yuri reluctantly pulls away.


*

From inside the luxury vehicle, Nichkhun clenches his fist, there stepping out of his bedroom balcony, a woman…

“She dump me for a .”

“Oh… if it makes you feel any better Khun, Yuri is just not any girl…” Junho pouts maniacally “She’s the most dangerous blood er out there.”

“Pffft. I thought you are?”

“Yes. But she’s a woman and that’s what makes her more volatile.”

“So, what do you want me to do?”

“Ruin Yoona.”

*

“Khun?” Yoona sits up and sees Khun sitting beside her in bed.

“How are you doing sweetheart?” Khun starts to Yoona’s stomach and Yoona closes her eyes. She felt like her skin was burning when someone else other than Yuri touches her.

Yoona shrieks and winces at the feel of Khun’s fist landing on her stomach. No, not their baby…

“You fuking b!tch, you think I’m stupid?!” Khun pins her in bed. Yoona tries to fight back but Khun was twice her size and his hits were twice as painful.

And Yoona screws her eyes, silenting asking forgiveness from Yuri as Khun tortured her.

*

“YOONA!!!!”

But before Yuri could land back into Yoona’s balcony, she was yank away and almost tossed to the other side of the roof. Yuri screams at the impact of her back smashing into the roof. But the pain can wait, the bleeding can wait… All she need to do now is save Yoona.

Yuri was push down in the ground on her knees, Junho’s boys she can’t tell who- already have a hold on both her arms. He was standing behind her, he pulls her hair up so she could look straight up into Yoona’s bedroom. And Yuri never felt so helpless, as the woman she loves was right there crying being tortured by that monster.

“I’m so sorry Yoona…”

*

“I wonder if your woman would still want a filthy b!tch like you…” Khun snorted as he pulls up the zipper to his pants.

Yoona buries her face on her pillow, crying until she heard Khun stepped out of their room.

Yoona shut her eyes when she felt those slender arms wrap around her.

“No Yul… please… I don’t deserve you…”

Yuri hushed Yoona’s worries with a long kiss.

“No… don’t ever say that! don’t you ever say that!”

And in Yoona’s arms, Yuri cried. And Yuri felt like she died again as she stood powerless as a monster have ravage the only good thing in her world. What did Yoona do to deserve this?

*

It was suppose to be a joyous moment, their daughter was beautiful and miraculously surviving. But how could Yuri celebrate when the woman she loves was suffering to stay alive?

Yuri was trembling uncontrollably, her tears pouring profusely as again she was left helpless. She was watching the girl that she loves through the hospital windows, Yoona crying and just go unconscious because of the pain.

She couldn’t even go near her, as doctors and nurses were put on constant watch as Yoona battle to stay alive. Yet, she refuse to leave just for a second, because she knows that any second now Yoona might be taken away from her.

Yuri was afraid to touch Yoona, she looks so delicate now and Yuri was scared that one touch could make Yoona crumble away. Very softly she lays a kiss on Yoona’s forehead.

“Yul?”

“Baby?”

And Yoona with what little life she has left, could still make Yuri’s world stop with just her smile.

“Make love to me please…”

And as much as Yuri wanted Yoona, she couldn’t, not when she could hurt Yoona… “B-but I don’t want to hurt you.”

“I need you” Yoona pleaded…

And Yuri kissed Yoona, and with their tongues they tasted their promise. Yuri’s touch express nothing more but her love, her undying love for Yoona.

It was cynical of Yuri to do so but she never believed in prayers, but right now she was desperate and tried to pray, asking, begging and crying to whoever was listening to spare the one she loves.

*

But even the Gods were cruel to even allow a person as good as Yoona to be in so much pain. Yoona was knocked out now after being almost overdosed with morphine. And it’s the most peaceful that Yuri have seen her, that it scared Yuri… it scared her that the only place where her lover seems so at ease was at her sleep, as if it was a prophecy knocking in Yuri’s present.

“I got a book.”

 

Yuri whispers before taking a breath of Yoona before kissing her in the cheek. The chair screeches on the tile floor as Yuri pulls it closer towards Yoona’s bed. Yuri leafs through the pages, before clearing . She opens ready to speak, but before she could even utter a single word, her lips started trembling. She realizes she had no strength to pretend that life was ok, when both of them were dying…

The book slowly slips from Yuri’s almost lifeless fingers and Yuri threw her arms around Yoona. Holding on to the girl as if it was enough to keep Yoona with her. She whispers endless I love you’s in Yoona’s ear, hoping it was enough to wake Yoona up.

And Yuri was left with no choice, if the Gods didn’t listen to her then maybe she should take it on her own to save the girl she loves. Yuri will do whatever it takes for Yoona…

Yuri brushes the hair out of Yoona’s neck, kissing the soft flesh, asking for forgiveness before she whispers.

“I love you.”
 

 


TBC