The Secret's Out

Online Liar Lover

"Class,” the teacher shouted from the from of the classroom, “may I have your attention please. Today, we have a new exchange student…”

 

Jinki’s ears perked up as he listened to his teacher explain how their class about to be introduced to a new student. He thought that maybe he could make a new friend.

 

“She is at the top of her class back in Daegu. Please kindly give a warm welcome to Kim Gwiboon,” the teacher said as he motioned his arm towards the door.

 

All eyes were on the door, especially Jinki’s. He had heard that name before, but where? He shifted in his seat, sitting up straight, making sure he had a clear view of the door.

 

Slowly, the door swung open as a head poked through, looking inside of the classroom.

 

“Come in, Gwiboon,” the teacher encouraged, “Don’t be shy.”

 

The girl opened the door just enough to let her body slid through the door frame into the room. She gently shut the door, the front of her body facing the door. She closed her eyes and exhaled deeply before turning around, opening her eyes and stepping forward towards the teacher, bowing as she said a quiet, “hello,” to him.

 

Jinki smiled as he watched the familiar girl’s motions. He knew her! It was the girl with plump lips from the airplane! The one who was meeting her boyfriend… The one who was transferring here...

 

“Hello, I’m your English teacher, Mr. Jeong. Please introduce yourself, Kim Gwiboon.”

 

Gwiboon smiled as she looked out at the class from the front of the classroom. “Hello, my name is Kim Gwiboon and I’m a sophomore. Please treat me well.”

 

“Yes,” the class replied all at once.

 

“Uh… Go sit in an empty seat,” the teacher suggested, well, more so commanded because where else would she sit? “If you are by an empty seat, please raise your hand.”

 

Jinki slowly raised his hand into the air along with girl who was on the other side of the room.

 

Gwiboon looked at the girl first, thinking that girls would generally like to sit next to each other until she gave Gwiboon a death glare. “Well that was uninviting…” she thought to herself. She glanced over at the boy and began walking towards him to sit down.

 

Setting her backpack down gently on the floor, Gwiboon pulled out her chair and quickly sat down before bowing slightly towards the male she was sitting next to.

 

“I’m sorry to take up this empty seat next to you… I would have sat by that girl, but she didn’t seem friendly…” Gwiboon whispered before pulling her head up to look at the boy. “You look familiar… I’m Kim Gwiboon, who are you?”

 

“Lee Jinki… We met on the plane, remember me?” Jinki asked quietly.

 

The girl widened her eyes in surprise. “Yes! You never texted me…”

 

“I don’t have your number, silly: you have mine,” Jinki said, mocking the girl.

 

“Oh…” Gwiboon stated flatly. “I don’t understand the lunch schedules here… Like there’s A Lunch at 10:59, B Lunch at 11:57, and C Lunch at 12:35…”

 

“Yeah,” Jinki concluded. “We have three different lunch hours here because everyone has a different schedule so the lunches fit in… A Lunch is right after 1st hour, B Lunch is during 2nd hour, and C lunch is only before 3rd hour… It’s really complicated, but A Lunch is generally for students in language or P.E. because they’re the longest classes, B Lunch is for students who are taking music study classes, and 3rd hour is for the band and chorus kids that aren’t in language or P.E.… That’s how it generally works out anyway.”

 

“I really could have done without that explanation, it just made my confusion even worse. Thanks.”

 

Jinki chuckled lowly. “You’re welcome. We both have A Lunch because we’re both in English 5 obviously.”

 

“Oh, thank you,” Gwiboon smiled.

 

“Why are even in English 5? You’re the only sophomore in the school in this class and not to mention, you’re an exchange student so they put you in a class lower than where you’re at…”

 

Gwiboon looked up at the ceiling for a moment then back to Jinki. “My English though. I went to school in America for a couple of years and my family goes on vacation in Australia a lot… And I like Western culture because it’s so bold. I’ve watched shows like Ugly Betty and I like a few artists… Lady Gaga is my queen.”

 

“Queen?” Jinki asked.

 

Gwiboon nodded and looked at the teacher. “We’ll talk during lunch, okay? I really have to tell you something.”

 

The hour passed slowly for both the male and female until the bell rang suddenly, jolting every students in the classroom back to life.

 

Gwiboon quickly shoved her notebook into her backpack along with her pen before grabbing the bag, zipping it up, and throwing it over her shoulder. “Are you coming?!”

 

Jinki looked up from his backpack at the girl surprised. “How did you pack so quickly? Just give me a sec.”

 

“Ugh!” Gwiboon complained, “Hurry it up, old man!”

 

Jinki sat up after snapping his backpack shut. “That’s rude!”

 

The girl got up out of her seat, not minding to push her chair it. “Come on! Let’s go! We’re the last people in here!”

 

“Okay, okay!” Jinki shouted as he stood up, pushing in both his and Gwiboon’s chairs. “I’m coming!” Picking up his bag, he jogged towards the girl who was already leaving the classroom.

 

“So Gwiboon…” Jinki started as they walked down a hallway together. “What do you want to tell me?”

 

“I can’t tell you here,” Gwiboon exclaimed as she watched the lockers go past her, “there’s too many people…”

 

Jinki let out a sound of acknowledgement. “I see. Hey, do you want to go out to lunch?”

 

Glancing over at the boy, Gwiboon raised her eyebrows in surprise. “You can do that here?! Really?!”

 

Jinki nodded as he continued to walk, until he stopped at the top of a staircase. “Yeah, just as long as we come back before our class resumes. The doors are down there, look.” The boy pointed down the stairway, at the bottom was a small lobby with several doors leading outside.

 

“Where would we go?”

 

“Ah…” Jinki thought out loud as he started his descent down the stairway. “There’s a Burger Mart a few blocks away, a cafe a few streets down, and a convenience store at the corner of the street.”

 

Gwiboon followed Jinki down the stairs. “Convenience store, it’s the closest and I don’t want to walk much.”

 

“Okay!” Jinki jumped off the stairs onto the floor and jogged up to a door, opening it for Gwiboon to go through.

 

“Thank you, kind sir.”

 

“Welcome…” Jinki replied as the two walked out the door and onto the sidewalk. “So tell me about your boyfriend that you spoke of on the plane.”

 

Gwiboon giggled softly. “What about him?”

 

“I don’t know… What’s his name or age or something?”

 

The girl looked up at the sky as they continued to walk. “Ah… His name is Kim Jonghyun. He’s 17 and he’s a junior. He goes to school here so I’m sure you know him.”

 

“Oh!” Jinki shouted. “That little guy? I hear he’s pretty good at playing the bass and singing.”

 

Looking forward and bringing her head down, Gwiboon nodded.

 

“Isn’t dating an older man scandalous?”

 

“No, not really.”

 

Jinki stopped suddenly and pointed at a store. “We’re here. Why don’t you stay outside at the table and you get you some ramen? My treat!”

 

“Wow! Thank you for buying this time!” Gwiboon bowed, showing her appreciation before taking a seat at a table outside as Jinki walked into convenience store.

 

The girl allowed her backpack slip of her back, onto the ground lazily as she reached into her front pocket to pull out her phone.

 

To Jonghyun:

Jjong! Guess what, guess what, guess what!!!

Sent: 11:04 AM

 

To Mom:

Mom, so far my day has gone well… I think I made a friend already… And don’t worry! I’m on my lunch break right now and I’m allowed to use my cellphone!

Sent: 11:06 AM

 

Gwiboon set her phone on the table, swaying her legs back and forth until she heard her phone vibrate.

 

From Jonghyun:

Whattt??? I’m in the middle of geometry… -.-”

Sent: 11:07 AM

 

The girl shook her, smiling. “You’re so dumb…”

 

To Jonghyun:

I MADE A FRIEND ALREADY!!! I’M SO EXCITED!! :D WHY ARE TEXTING IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR CLASS?!”

Sent: 11:07 AM

 

Looking up from her phone, Gwiboon saw Jinki struggling with opening up the door and carrying two bowls of hot ramen noodles along with chopsticks and two bottles of water.

 

“Hot, hot, hot!” Jinki said as he scrambled to the table to set the bowls and bottles down.

 

Gwiboon reached over to the bowls and examined them. “What kinds did you get?”

 

Jinki shook his hands in the air as he sat down with the girl. “Spicy kimchi and spicy seafood. They both have some vegetables and a hard-boiled egg.”

 

“The seafood one sounds good, may I have that one?”

 

The boy laughed out loud causing the girl to have a confused expression. “I actually was going to take the kimchi, so this works out perfectly!”

 

The two began to consume their food silently until they both her a vibration come from Gwiboon’s side of the table.

 

Jinki immediately perked up and glanced at the cell phone. “Who’s that?”

 

Gwiboon gently set her chopsticks down on the table and picked up her phone. “It’s just Jonghyun.”

 

“What does it say?”

 

From Jonghyun:

Wow! Look at my baby already making friends!! TTwTT I’m so proud of you, Gwiboonie~ Who is it?

Sent: 11:16 AM

 

To Jonghyun:

It’s a senior in my English 5 class! His name is Lee Jinki, he seems so nice~

Sent: 11:16 AM

 

“Jonghyun said he’s proud of me,” Gwiboon stated as she placed her phone back on the table and picked up her chopsticks.

 

“Why?” Jinki slurred out through a mouth full of ramen.

 

“Well,” Gwiboon started, “he said to text him if a made a friend and so I did.”

 

The boy nodded as he swallowed his food. “Ah… keeping your word, are you?”

 

Gwiboon nodded as she picked a few noodles up with her chopsticks.

 

“If you keep your word, are you going to tell me that thing now?”

 

The girl suddenly stopped chewing her food and widened her eyes. “Oh god… here it goes…” she thought to herself. She swallowed harshly before coughed a tad bit and asking bluntly, “What’s my name?”

 

Jinki furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “Um… Kim Gwiboon?”

 

“That’s not my name.”

 

“W-What do you mean ‘that’s not my name’?” Jinki asked startled.

 

“My name’s Kibum… Kim Kibum.”

 

Jinki stayed silent for a few moments before setting his chopsticks down and letting out a small, “Oh…”

 

“What gender do you think I am?”

 

Jinki stuttered, “W-What?”

 

“What gender do you think I am?”

 

“I… uh… The teacher… he said… you were a girl… so you’re a girl, right?”

 

Jinki stared at the person in front of him in absolute horror as he saw her shake her head no.

 

“Jinki, I’m male…”

 

Jinki just stared at the ‘man’s’ cleavage and poked at it accusingly. “But you have s! You have goddamn s!”

 

“They’re fake. Look.” The ‘newly-discovered male’ reached into his bra, pulling out the socks that formed his left . “See?”

 

Jinki leaned forward and poked the man’s flat chest. “How do I know you’re just not flat-chested?”

 

‘Kibum’ glared at Jinki. “Like ing hell I would be flat-chested if I were female! I would have an amazing rack, thank you!” He suddenly stood up and pulled at the helm of his pants and underwear. “And do you need to see my ?! Because I will show you my if you don’t believe me!”

 

Jinki held his hands up in defense. “Okay, okay! I believe you! Just… put your back in your pants, I don’t want to see that…”

 

Kibum sat back down, shoving the socks back into his bra. “Thank you.”

 

Jinki watched as the other boy arranged his bra. “So… are you like a drag-queen or transgender or something…?”

 

“Oh my god,” Kibum exclaimed annoyed, “Is that seriously all you got out of that?! I’m not a damn drag-queen or transgender or anything like that!”

 

“So you’re really… male? A male who just happens to dress in female clothes..?” Jinki questioned.

 

Kibum pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. “I am one-hundred percent male. I do not like dressing in female clothing nor wearing wigs nor do I identify myself as female. Normally, I would dress is male clothing because that’s my normal attire, but it isn’t that easy…”

 

“It’s not that easy because…?”

 

“Because of Jonghyun. I lied to him when we first met saying I was female and that my name was Gwiboon…”

 

“Why?” Jinki asked, fully interested.

 

Kibum sighed again. “Because I thought he was straight and it’s just… I adored him so much and I wanted to be with him, but after we got together, he said he was biual and I just didn’t have the heart to tell him I lied…”

 

Jinki sat back in his chair and folded his arms across his chest. Your name is really Kibum, huh?”

 

Kibum nodded his head sadly. “But! Nobody here, not even Jonghyun knows that! Well, except for you.”

 

“And you’ve lied to your boyfriend - everyday of your life - saying you’re female because you didn’t have the heart?”

 

Kibum hesitated. “That’s correct.”

 

“And you’re gay?”

 

“I-I…” Kibum stuttered, “I… yes, but… I haven’t come out yet… Not even to my mother…”

 

“You’re twisted, man,” Jinki said, nodding his head agreeing with himself. “Really, really twisted.”

 

“I know that!” the younger male shouted, “You don’t have to remind me!”

 

“I was just seeing if you realized it, that’s all,” Jinki concluded. “I, personally, am a little hurt that you lied to me.”

 

Kibum gulped heavily, dropping his head down low. “I know, I know… and I’m really, really, really sorry! I honestly do not deserve to be forgiven because I lied and I’m a twisted freak of nature for liking men.”

 

“It’s okay, uh… Kibum,” Jinki said sincerely, “I don’t mind that you’re gay because I think love is love; regardless of gender or age or size... Am I really the first person who you came out to?”

 

Kibum bit his lip timidly before nodding his head.

 

“I’m honored, really. You barely know me and you already confessed something like that. You know, I could tell the entire school about it, so you’d be bullied until you finally drop out.”

 

“I’m well-aware…” Kibum said lowly.

 

“But!” Jinki exclaimed happily, “I’m not like that. I’ll keep your secret safe.”

 

“Thank you! Thank you! Oh my god! Thank you!” Kibum yelled as he ran up and side-hugged the other male. “THANK YOU SO MUCH!”

 

“It’s really nothing…” Jinki explained until Kibum let go and sat back down. “But it’s awkward now…”

 

Kibum leaned forward. “What do you mean?”

 

“We should be getting back to school soon and so should I still consider you Gwiboon out in public and at school?” Jinki asked cautiously.

 

“We should be heading back…” Gwiboon agreed, “Yes, please still think of me as her.”

 

The two slowly stood up, gathering all their belongings, and throwing away their trash as they began their walk back to school.

 

 

______________

 

Author's Note: HELLO, guess who's back~ (Minho voice) Author's back...

 

This is a long chapter, so I hope you like it... I'm sorry it kinda ; - ; I just got done typing it and it's almost 2:00 AM //sob sob//... I didn't edit this much, so if you see errors, feel to tell me.

 

I think I can wrap this story up in 2-4 chapters 8----) THANK GOD! I didn't originally plan to reveal Kibum's secret so early, but it works out well. If you want a hint of the future plot, it's kinda like To The Beautiful You meets Coffee Prince... yes yes... ^^

 

Fell free to drop your comments<3