To Seoul

Online Liar Lover

A/N: Sorry that I haven't updated in a month and a half... This update is 2,257 words (excluding author's notes) because I didn't update in forever.

 

Today was the day; the day they finally met. Gwiboon was as nervious as nervious could get. Her mind was chalked full of different scenarios of when she and Jonghyun would actually meet at the airport. Would they kiss? Would Jonghyun think she's ugly in person? Maybe too fat? What if he was midget? What if the Jonghyun she knew was different than the Jonghyun she would meet? Would they like each other? Hate each other? Would she tell him her secret right away?

 

Thoughts like that filled her mind all morning. The thoughts were there as she checked to make sure she had everything she needed, when she got ready, when she went on a cab ride to the airport from her house, when she was in the airport walking, going through security, boarding the airplane and everything in between.

 

She sat down in her seat on the plane and put in her earbuds to hopefully block out the thoughts that have been clouding her mind since she woke up a few hours beforehand. The flight was only 30ish minutes long so a few songs should be able fill that time frame easily. She sang out-loud quietly, only to receive a few strange looks from the people around her. Noticing the singing girl not caring about the eyes that layed on her, many people decided just to ignore her for the rest of the flight. Her singing wasn't bad nor was it loud so they didn't have a good reason to complain.

 

"We will be arriving at Gimpo International Airport in five minute, please fasten your seatbelts and be prepared to land shortly," the pilot's voice sounded over the intercom. The girl instantly froze. There was no more singing aloud. There wasn't any more 'carefree' behavior. There was no peace inside of her head anymore. Everything was replaced with pure panic and excitement.

 

Gwiboon was going to meet her two year long lover-- in person-- in five minutes. They were going to meet in real life. This scared the girl tremendously.

 

She began to shift around in her seat and pull gently at the collar of her shirt with her shaky hands. The man next to her looked at her out of concern. "Excuse me, ma'am..."

 

Gwiboon glanced over at the man. "Y-yes...?" she skittishly questioned, blushing at how he addressed her as ma'am.

 

He smiled--a genuine and caring smile-- at the girl. "I couldn't help but notice how nervous you looked... Is this your first time flying?" Gwiboon shook her head shyly. "Oh... Do you not like the landings?" She shook her head to signal another quick no. The man looked her confused for a moment then smiled again. "Is there someone special you're going to see at the airport?"

 

Gwiboon smiled slightly, looking down at her lap and nodding. "Yes... Someone very special... Someone who's very precious... Someone who's very loved..."

 

The gentleman to her left laughed slightly and his smile grew larger. "Oh... a boyfriend?"

 

Gwiboon laughed a little and looked up at the man's face. "Yes, my boyfriend." Those words were said with great pride, it was easy to tell. The way she said those words was powerful: completely full of love and passion for her boyfriend.

 

"Young love," the man paused for a moment, "is really, really precious yet oh-so dangerous... Hold on to it, no matter what." He smiled sadly, looking into the girl's eyes. "How long have you and your boyfriend been together?"

 

"Two years..." Gwiboon confessed. "It'll be three years in June..." She grinned widely at the thought of her and Jonghyun being together for so long. To her, it really didn't seem to be almost three years.

 

The man showed her a toothy smile. "That's cute, really cute! I'm Lee, Lee Jinki... 18 years of age. How about you?"

 

Gwiboon thought to herself how nice this man named Lee Jinki was and how she wished to talk to him longer. They only started talking because he was generally concerned about the nervous girl and he helped her calm down completely. "I'm Kim Ki-... actually... no... for now, call me Gwiboon... Kim Gwiboon. I'm younger than you... by 2 years so I'm only 16. Hey... um... I know we just met and the plane's landing soon--and please don't take this the wrong way-- but can I have your number?"

 

Jinki blinked a few times in obvious surprise. "Isn't it a little bold for a girl to be asking a man for his number? Not only that... when she has a boyfriend too?"

 

Gwiboon rolled her eyes and mumbled a quick, "if you only knew" before actually replying to the man. "Well... I guess, but I told you not to take it the wrong way, didn't I? I don't want to like... cheat on my boyfriend or anything; I only want to be friends. Not to mention there's a very important detail being left out. I'll tell you later if you give me your number."

 

Jinki nodded in understanding then quickly pulling a pen out of his pocket. He grabbed onto Gwiboon's hand causing her to let out a little squeak and wrote his number on her hand. "There! You better text me or else I'll never find out that 'very important detail' of your's... by the way, what's your boyfriend's name?"

 

Gwiboon glanced down at her hand then back up at the gentleman. "Kim Jonghyun, but he's only 17."

 

"We are about to land at the gate in Gimpo International Airport. Please prepare yourself for the landing. I hope you had a comfortable journey flying with us today, I'm pilot Kwon Jeongji and I hope you have a good day." And with that said over the intercom, the wheels of the plane touched the ground.

 

The plane landed safely shortly after the pilot's announcement. Gwiboon and Jinki exited the plane together and successfully found their luggage together.

 

"How on earth do you have four suitcases?!?! Why on earth do you have four suitcases?!?!" Jinki asked astonishly.

 

Gwiboon shrugged while dragging her suitcases behind her. "Well, I am staying in Seoul for a few months. I'm going to be an exchange student here at Seoul Musical Institute."

 

Jinki stopped walking and stared at Gwiboon for a second. "Wait... so you're an exchange student with a Korean boyfriend...? What country are you from?" He ran a hand through his hair. "Aish! This is so confusing!"

 

The girl laughed and kicked the ground softly. "I said only said exchange student, not foreign exchange! I'm only from Daegu... Why do you think I was the plane from there to here?"

 

Jinki and Gwiboon started walking and talking again in comfort until Gwiboon stopped again in pure panic, widening her eyes in realization of the near future. "OH MY GOD!" she yelled in English causing everyone who heard to give her a strange look. "Jinki! Jinki! JINKI! I can't do this! I'm too nervous! What if he thinks I'm ugly?!? What if he doesn't like me?!?"

 

Said man looked at the girl. "Of course he likes you, don't worry about it!"

 

Gwiboon sighed and started to panic again. "Jinki, it's his birthday today and I didn't buy him anything because I thought that I was enough for him, but look at me... I'm a terrible! He could do so much better than this!" She gestured to herself after she finished her sentence. "UGHHHH!!! I CAN'T DO THIS! I JUST CAN'T MEET HI-"

 

"YAH!!!" Jinki yelled causing her to her head quickly in his direction and close . Everyone around them just kept staring at them like they were aliens. "Look, there's no reason to worry. You're very pretty and I'm sure when your boyfriend sees his girlfriend, it'll make his day. Don't back down now."

 

The girl sighed and nodded. "Thank you... Hey, maybe I should continue walking myself... you know? He might get jealous if he sees me getting friendly with another guy which is really dumb if you ask me."

 

Jinki smiled widely. "You really care about him. Text me soon, okay? Have fun! Fighting!" He held up his fist in support for the younger and started to walk off after seeing her hold up a fist back towards him and smiling slightly.

 

She slowly began to walk again looking for a sign that Jonghyun said he'd be holding. She strolled along, very, very slowly through part of the airport until she saw it…

 

The sign that Jonghyun said he'd be holding for her... It was white and read "My Gwiboonie~"

 

She let go of her luggage and brought her hands up to covering it, trying to hide her smile. Tears began to to fill her eyes as she read the sign again and again: over and over. After reading it over at least 20 times, she decided to look down at the man who was holding it.

 

Perfect.

 

The boy holding the sign above his head was biting on his lip cutely. His eyes kept darting around looking for his girlfriend. Gwiboon stared at him in disbelief until he looked in Gwiboon's direction quickly then to somewhere else, but back to her direction causing them to lock gazes.

 

With their eyes locked, sending messages back and forth to each other, Jonghyun smiled widely at her.

 

Gwiboon began scanning Jonghyun's beautiful face, in person, for the first time, and seeing those perfectly shaped puppy-like eyes and that perfectly wide, toothy smile made her cry. He saw this and instantly brought the sign down and ran to the girl. "Gwiboon! Kim Gwiboon!" Jonghyun yelled running towards him girlfriend who was bawling at this point out of disbelief.

Jonghyun ran up to her and hugged her, squeezing her as tight as he could in between his arms which made it seem like he was afraid she would disappear if he didn't squeeze the girl so hard.

 

"My Gwiboonie..." Jonghyun managed to say before bursting out into an ugly sobbing fit.

 

Gwiboon snuck her hands out from her face to Jonghyun's back and clinged onto the man hugging her, burying her face in the crook of his neck.

 

It was all too emotional for the two lovers... They couldn't do anything except stay in that position and cling onto each other and cry with each other. They didn't dare separate for a good 10 or so minutes.

 

Jonghyun finally loosened his grip on the girl to signal for her to let go and she complied. He took a step back --with red swollen eyes, tear soaked face, and that signature cheesy smile of his-- and looked up at the girl. She looked back down at him and grinned back. While staring into each other's eyes, Gwiboon began to laugh. She laughed like she never laughed before. And Jonghyun soon followed suit.

 

New tears formed in both parties eyes, again, only this time, it was from laughing so hard.

"J-Jonghyun..." Gwiboon managed to sneak out between laughs, "W-Why... are... w-we... lau-ughing...?"

 

Jonghyun shook his head and began to howl louder. "I DON'T KNOW!" he yelled, making them both become laugher.

 

They didn't care how crazy they seemed, about the stares and glares they were receiving, about anything other than themselves... This moment was too precious to care about anything  else.

 

Jonghyun finally, somehow, stopped laughing. "It's actually you..."

 

Gwiboon was still giggling like a 7 year old schoolgirl. "I know, but it's actually you..."

 

The boy smiled at the girl and caressed her cheek. "But look at you... you're so pretty... so much more pretty than I ever imagined..."

 

Gwiboon blushed and ran her hand down his arm slowly. "How can you say that? I have red eyes and my tears probably smeared all my makeup and it looks ugly now..." she pouted making Jonghyun's heart melt.

 

"My Gwiboonie is always pretty!~ You don't need makeup to look pretty... You're naturally gorgeous," Jonghyun complimented scanning Gwiboon's face over for the nth time.

 

Gwiboon chuckled nervously. "I'm gorgeous? That's the biggest lie of the century! I mean, look at you! You're practically perfect..." Gwiboon narrowed her eyes and smirked evilly, "everything's perfect, expect your height because you're short."

 

He dropped his hand back down to his side. "YAH! Gwiboonie!~ That isn't nice!" Jonghyun pouted, sticking out his bottom lip. "Is that any way to treat me?"

 

Gwiboon bit her bottom lip. "How could this boy be so cute?" she thought to herself in adoration towards the boy. "Jonghyun~ My lovely Jonghyun~ I'm sorry..."

 

Jonghyun lifted his head up as high as he could. "You're lucky I love you or else you wouldn't get away with this..." he mumbled clear enough and loud enough for the younger of the two to hear. "We should get going though... My sister is waiting for us in the car. Do you want help with your luggage?"

 

Gwiboon smiled and nodded. "Yes. My Jonghyunie is too nice..." she said, handing Jonghyun two suitcases.

Jonghyun kissed her cheek softly and she hit his arm lightly out of embarrassment. "I'm not that nice and you should get used to skinship... I have been wanting to touch you-- well, just see you for God's sake-- for two whole years and then some!"

 

"Yeah... yeah... Stop stalling. I thought your sister was waiting~" Gwiboon teased as she began to walk away from her boyfriend.


Jonghyun widened his eyes and he watched her. He quickly grabbed the two suitcases Gwiboon didn't drag along behind her and ran towards his girlfriend. "Wait for me!"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

HELLO!~ It's been a while, right? I'm a terrible author... ;;

Thank you for subscribing and commenting! I L-O-V-E reading comments! Comments are the best motivation for an author^^ Also, thank you for 4 upvotes on the first chapter alone! You are amazing...