dog days are over

Stars are falling

One of the most exciting things of being a trainee again was that I was able to meet wonderful people. They all had different personalities, different stories and different goals, but I found myself being amazed about the determination I saw in their eyes. I wanted to learn so much from all of them, but I couldn't bring myself to ask for help. I considered myself little and shy compared to them... even If I had debuted first than most of them, I realized that I didn't know much about anything back then.

 

- Hyuna? It's your turn. Show us what you got.

 

I breath heavily thinking what the hell am I going to show. Everyone has already shown their skills and they are all so awesome that I can't compete. My voice is not good enough, my dancing skills are rusty and my shyness will overshadow any charm I have.

 

- Hyuna? Are you ok? - Ask Hong Seung Sung. I look at him and I get to see his warming smile. “I can't fail him. He has put so much faith in me”. I nod. - Alright, then come and introduce yourself.

 

Come on, Hyuna! Fighting!” I mumble to myself to cheer me up. I go to the stage and look all of them. My past. My present. My future. All gathered in that room. It is now or never.

 

- Hello, my name is Kim HyunA. I'm 16 years old and my dream is to become a star. Please, take good care of me.

 

The music starts and I can feel the longing through my body. I am scared, but at the same time, I know from the bottom of my heart I was born to do this. So I let my fear to slip away, while moving my body to the rhythm of music. I don't know what my next move will be as my brain isn't working anymore, my heart is. It feels so good being one with music I want to cry. The symmetry is almost perfect. I don't know when the song has finished or even when they have started clapping, but I know that I can finally smile again and that cause me laughter. When I am able to stop, I look up and I see everyone murmuring and watching me, but there is one gaze...

 

- Splendid! Thank you very much, Hyuna! - Exclaims Hong Seung Sung with satisfaction. I reply back with a hug and I mutter a 'thanks'.

 

I go back to my sit where people start praising me. I bet my face looks confused. Did I actually did a great job? My face becomes red of shyness and gratitude.

 

- Come on, come on, boys. Stop harassing her. I am about to slip If you keep drooling like that – Says a long dark haired girl. “She is really pretty.” - Hey! Hyuna, right?

- Um, yeah.

- You did it great up there! - She says with this bright smile.

- Really? - I say looking down at my fingers.

- Yes! And you know what? You should stop hiding that face. Your pale skin is flawless! AAH, I'm so jealous – She starts complaining and I can't help but smile – Would you have lunch with me, later?

- I would loved that! - And I really would, I barely know this girl but I feel I already like her.

 

While other people were still bringing their skills to the stage, I kept talking to Gina and she introduced me some of her friends: Doojoon, Sohyun, Gayoon, Gi-kwang, Yoseob... I also had the opportunity to share some words with incredible people as the beautiful Jihyun and Jiyoon, the skilled Hyunseung and the funny Dongwoon. And even though, I scarcely talked to them I knew who these people were. They were my brothers and sisters. My family. My stars. I just had to look at them to know it.

 

- Hi, I'm Yong Jun Hyung and I am 18 years old. In a few years, I would like to be the best rapper the world have never had.

 

His charisma caught my attention.

His voice stole my thoughts.

And that gaze? The gaze I saw before?

That gaze messed with my heart because since then it never sounded the same.