Change of Plans

On Time: Dreamscape

The motorcycle quickly makes its way inside the abandoned building, minutes after Seongwoo’s van got inside. Kyunsoo then pulls Seunghyun with him, and together, they carry Rin who is now half-conscious into an empty garage while the two of them had masks on. Meanwhile, Yoonseo walks towards Seongwoo, with the latter treating Jaejoong’s wound on his left shoulder, caused by the bullet that was shot by one of the projections.

“He’s injured,” Yoonseo flatly speaks.

“Yes. He got shot, but luckily not on his chest,” Seongwoo mutters, wrapping Jaejoong’s treated wound with a cloth. At the same time, Seunghyun joins them, leaving Kyunsoo handling Rin alone.

“Seongwoo, those are trained projections, for heaven’s sake! Those were not normal projections!” Yoonseo suddenly snaps at him, furiously grabbing Seongwoo’s collar right after he finished treating Jaejoong. “You should have considered this, goddammit! We’re not prepared for this!”

“Yoonseo, please. Just calm down,” Seongwoo raises both of his hands in defense. “I seriously have no idea her mind was automatically trained as well!”

“How am I supposed to calm down? Tell me!” Yoonseo yells. “You’re supposed to consider this as well, dammit!”

“We just have to be more careful and we’ll be fine!”

“No, we are not going to be fine!” she hisses before letting him go. “We’re too heavily sedated to wake up if that happens.”

Seongwoo’s eyes suddenly open wide after hearing her last words, and he then turns towards her. “Don’t tell me you actually read the whole report from my friend who did this before.”

“Jaekyung told me about it, I didn’t read it,” Yoonseo admits quietly.

“Wait, what do you mean by ‘that’?” Seunghyun asks Seongwoo with a visible concern and panic, knowing something is wrong here.

Sighing in exasperation, Seongwoo rubs his forehead. “Usually, we would wake up if we die in a dream. But in this case, we won’t. We’re too heavily sedated for it to happen.”

“So what happens when we die?” Jaejoong asks, with his tone starting to rise.

“We’ll fall to Limbo,” Yoonseo answers in his place. “It’s an unconstructed dream scape. Nothing is down there. Nothing! Just raw, infinite subconscious that will be present down there.”

“So how long could we be stuck in there if we died?” Seunghyun then asks her.

“You can’t even think of trying to escape from there until the sedation wears off in the real world layer. Jaekyung previously set it for 3 hours,” Yoonseo says brashly.

“How long, exactly?” Jaejoong directly asks Seongwoo.

 

Sighing once more, Seongwoo then looks up at the three of them.

 

“It will take years or even decades until we can wake up.”

 

-

 

“We have to come up with a new plan for this,” Seunghyun proposes. “We can’t proceed with our current plan since I don’t think it would work. We either die or move forwards with this mission.”

Jaejoong suddenly looks up at Yoonseo, who went silent before. “I have a plan, but it might seem ridiculous.”

“Well, ridiculous plan is always better than nothing,” Yoonseo mutters, attracting the others’ attentions. “Go on. Say it.”

“Alright, here it goes,” he lets out his breath. “What if we pretend that I was the one who planned all these? Like, I was the one who planned to abduct her, and you guys are the abductors? So maybe it can lower the projections’ attentions on us. What do you think?”

In silent, they all think deeply except Seongwoo, whose face is in complete delight.

“That’s quite a good idea, but the risk is high,” he suggests. “The projections would increase their alerts higher on you, you know that?”

“I am aware of that. But she would concentrate more on trying to find out what I had in mind once she knew that I planned all these,” Jaejoong answers.

“As an abductor you say?” Yoonseo chuckles at Jaejoong’s idea. “That is indeed ridiculous.”

“But I don’t think we have any other idea than this, do we?” Seongwoo says. “Rin’s mind is more prone to new ideas, remember? Unlike us, she is not aware that she is in a dream. That, I can assure you.”

 

-

 

“Bring him here!” Yoonseo, still under Jaekyung’s disguise, shouts.

Seongwoo pushes Jaejoong, making him kneel on the floor with force, and the latter raises both of his hands once Seongwoo pointed a gun behind his head. All are masked except Rin and Jaejoong.

“Oh my God, Jaejoong,” Rin whispers, lunges herself towards him and pulls his face closer to her, not minding the other two masked men that guarded her. “Did they do anything to you, yeobo?”

“Nothing. I’m okay,” he speaks, trying to smile.

“But I heard you were being tortured,” Rin softly speaks.

“We did, Ms. Rin,” Yoonseo speaks in her lowered voice that she modified, and then nods her head to Seongwoo. “Me and him.”

“Can you please don’t torture him? He’s not wrong in any way,” Rin pleads, now looking straight at Yoonseo. “Just please, let him out of this. I will give you anything you want, but please, just let him go.”

“Oh really? Now tell me, Ms. Rin. You heard him getting tortured by them, didn’t you?” Seunghyun asks in a muffled voice, pointing at Seongwoo and Yoonseo.

 

“Yes, yes I heard. Those two already had him.”

 

“Did you see them torture him?” Seunghyun asks once more.

 

Rin shakes her head to convince them, yet after a short while, after she sees Jaejoong looking down while being held by Yoonseo and Seongwoo who pointed the gun at him, her eyebrows narrowed down.

 

“These kidnappers. They’re working for you?” Rin finally asks him.

 

Looking away, Jaejoong doesn’t utter another word. Rin takes that silence as a yes before continuing. “Why would you want them to kidnap me?”

“I just want to give a shot on trying to stop you from this profession of yours, Rin,” Jaejoong finally speaks. “It’s killing you and us too. I wanted to stop you from going any further than this.”

“What? By betraying me? Asking these guys to kidnap me!?” Rin’s voice rises as she speaks, anger is evident in her every note. “You’re lying, I know it. You must have wanted something more from me, I know it.”

Seongwoo then suddenly walks towards Rin, stopping Jaejoong from saying anymore words while indirectly cueing him to step back and let him handle Rin. He then brings her away from them, wanting to converse with her alone.

“He’s lying,” Seongwoo whispers to Rin.

“How do you know?”

“Trust me. He was the one who approached me, and I can assure you he’s hiding something down there, I can see it. I think you would like to find out what are his true motives, am I right?” Seongwoo softly speaks again, trying to convince her.

Rin nods, much to his delight, though she still a little bit reluctant.

“We’ll do the same thing to him that he was going to do to you, and we’ll enter his subconscious and find out what he doesn’t want you to know,” Seongwoo says.

 

“Is that even possible? Entering one’s subconscious?” Rin asks, raising her eyebrow confusedly.

 

“That’s what our job is,” he continues. “What do you think?”

 

Rin breathes heavily, still in a fury, looking at Seongwoo intently before making up her mind.

 

 

 

“All right.”

 

 

 

 


So I had to go back and read some of the 'dream-sharing' concept from the original movie, hopefully it's not confusing. I hope you all enjoyed this too :D

Have a nice day, folks! :)