True Heart

True Heart

Luhan knows he's gonna find Minseok soon. He can feel it. His heart tells him he is near. He can't wait for the moment he is going to be face to face with the round-faced man. He has waited for this day for ages. Since the day Minseok went back to South Korea actually. But now he is back in China and Luhan will search for him until he finds him.

 

Luhan had sensed the other's return as he had gotten up earlier this morning. He was eating breakfast with his roommate Yixing when he had felt it. The pang in his heart he had waited for for almost two years. He had instantly jumped out of his chair, knocking it over in the process and had headed towards his bedroom in a rush. Yixing had curiously peeked at his friend just as he was putting his coat on and rushing towards the front door. “Where are you going so early in the morning?” he had asked.

“He's back!” were the only words that had left Luhan's lips before he had left their shared flat.

“What?” his friend had vainly asked before he had realized what his roommate's words implied. “So he finally came back,” he had then calmly stated.

 

Luhan had wasted no time as he had instantly begun searching for his beloved one all around the city. Where could he be?, the Chinese male had asked himself after several hours of running around. He had visited all the places where they used to hang around and still, there were no traces of Minseok anywhere. But the doe eyed male remained hopeful that he could find the love of his life. Scratch that. He knew he was going to find him soon. He decided to check every quarter one after the other. That way, there was no way he couldn't find Minseok. Or was it?

 

Now Luhan is at the bus station. He has searched everywhere. Even twice. Yet, he still hasn't seen his beloved Minseok. He doesn't understand. He knows he is here. His heart isn't lying. It can't be lying. So why isn't he able to find him? Just as he gets up to walk back home, he feels it. The pang. Stronger than the one he felt this morning. He is here!, Luhan thinks happily. All his tiredness disappears in an instant and he looks around, waiting to spot the figure he has memorized in his mind and his heart a long time ago. As he doesn't see him, he starts walking around. A second strong pang makes him go inside the station. His heart is now constantly signaling him his love is near him. He hasn't been nearer since that day at the airport when the Chinese male had bid his Korean friend goodbye. He hurriedly walks down the corridor, following his heart's every command. He finally stops when he feels like his heart is trying to come out of his ribcage. He looks up and sees a young man standing right in front of him. The smile that was forming on his lips disappears instantly. The tall man standing there isn't his precious Minseok. How is that even possible?, Luhan wonders as he stares at the stranger. Said stranger finally notices the male staring at him just as Luhan himself understands what is happening. “Do I know you?” the tall male asks in a heavy accent. He approaches the Chinese male and a frown appears on his face as he reaches him and looks carefully at him. “Why are you crying?”

 

 

*Two years earlier*

 

“Are you sure there's no risk?” Luhan asked the boy sitting beside him, his voice trembling a little. He didn't want the other to notice he was afraid. He must have known Minseok could read him like an open book. The Korean male smiled sweetly at his lover and grabbed his hand reassuringly. “Don't worry Lulu. There's no risk. Trust me. I wouldn't want to do it if something bad could happen. You know I love you too much to let anything happen to you.” He was right; Luhan knew Minseok loved him. And he loved him too. Very much. Ever since the Korean boy had held him tightly in his arms when he had cried over his dog's death. He knew he had cried way too much that time but the round-faced man had never made fun of him. He had comforted him, running his hands down his back soothingly until Luhan had stopped crying. That day, Luhan had fallen in love with Minseok. And here they were, one year later, waiting for what was the strongest proof of love according to Minseok. “Just imagine, even when I'll be back in Korea, we'll still be connected. And when I'll come back – and I stress the will – you'll know it instantly. Isn't it great?”

Luhan didn't need time to answer that question. “Of course it is.”

The Korean male smiled knowingly at him. “I knew you'd understand.”

A nurse entered the waiting room. “Mr Minseok?” she asked, looking at the patients sitting.

“Yes,” the called male answered. He turned around and kissed his lover quickly on the lips before standing up and following the nurse. “You're next Mr Luhan,” the nurse stated as she left the room.

 

They spent two weeks recovering from the surgery. Minseok had moved in with Luhan, explaining it was easier for the both of them that way. Luhan knew it was just an excuse to spend more time together as Minseok was about to leave China. Luhan knew that day would eventually come but he wasn't ready to let him go. So he spent these two weeks constantly beside Minseok. They ate together, they slept together, they bathed together, they watched TV and played games together, or they just spent time lying on the couch, cuddling and kissing.

 

Finally, the dreadful day came by. Luhan accompanied Minseok to the airport. He was trying his best not to cry thinking he was going to bid his lover goodbye soon, and who knew when he will be able to see him again. But Minseok didn't want his little deer to be sad, so he was trying to cheer him up. He kept talking during the whole ride to the airport and when he had to board the plane that would bring him back to Korea, he hugged his Chinese lover tightly. “Don't be sad Lulu,” he whispered in his ear. “I'll come back. I swear, I'll come someday.”

“Someday?” Luhan huffed. “When?”

“I don't know,” the Korean male honestly answered. “But I will do it. I'll come back for you.” He grabbed one of his lover's hands and placed it against his chest. “Can you feel it?” he asked. “Our hearts are beating together. Even when I won't be with you anymore, you'll still feel my heart and I'll still feel yours. We're connected, remember?” He smiled at the sad male in his arms.

“I know,” Luhan answered.

“I love you,” Minseok told him before cupping his cheeks and pressing his lips against his lover's. They kissed for some time until Luhan pulled back. “You have to go,” he sadly stated.

“I love you Lulu,” Minseok told him once more. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.”

Minseok pressed his lips against Luhan's one last time before grabbing his luggage and walking towards the boarding gate. Just before disappearing, he turned around once again and waved Luhan goodbye. “I love you,” he shouted. Luhan smiled through his tears.

 

He didn't know at that time that he would never see his beloved Minseok again.  

 

 

A/N: wow! I can't believe I wrote another story so quickly. Actually, it's the first time I write a new story before I finished the last one. But I guess it won't happen again. ^^

Anyway, this time it's a xiuhan oneshot. A sad one, I must say. I actually cried while writing it. But, as I cry easily, I don't know if it means anything. ^^

I hope you liked this story. Thank you for reading it~