The 5th Chapter

Android Love.
XSYKOTICA
ED UP TIMES

 

Taemin was euphoric when he noticed Hye Jin standing by their front door. “Noona!” Hye Jin laughed as he jumped to her. “How was your night?”

“I slept well.” Hye Jin commented. “And you?”

“Same. I’ve slept as soon as I rested in bed. I didn’t even do my homework.” Taemin rambled while Jin Ki slowly stood by their side, smiling to Hye Jin.

“Good morning.” Hye Jin replied by the same and soon noticed Jin Ki’s eyes on her wrists. His expression suddenly changed as he noticed her hiding her arms, and looked away. “Let’s go. We are a little late.” Hye Jin stood far from Jin Ki the whole way, until the bus stop where Jin Ki made himself between Taemin and Hye Jin, all of sudden. Taemin was oblivious but Hye Jin noticed how odd it was. Just twenty four hours ago, Jin Ki and Hye Jin were ignoring each other but here they are, scotched, and Jin Ki’s hand resting on her. They didn’t move, and kept that awkward intimate moment for a while, until they reached the school.

From that point, as Jin Ki rested his arm around her shoulders, she knew she was member of the small friendship circle. She didn’t know why she wasn’t happy about it. Yet, it was the case for the following three peaceful months, she didn’t truly forget the car incident but she moved on, somehow, because of how fun it was to be with the five of them. Her smile showed up more than often, and the bullies avoided Taemin and his friends, so she was content.

However, Jin Ki kept his doubts up. He sensed that Hye Jin was different, and truly tried to know what makes her so. He even checked, secretly, her bags, and stuff, but found nothing really odd per say.

“I don’t know why I find her odd.” Jin Ki mumbled, as he sat in the school’s garden, with Key and Jonghyun. “She seems… inhuman sometimes.”

“She lived away from civilization for so long; of course she will be odd.” Key pointed out. “Maybe you have just to get to know her more. I noticed how distant both of you are from each other.”

“I don’t know…” Jin Ki mumbled as he noticed her walking with Taemin, both holding hands. “I’m glad he found on her his safe heaven, but I’m still worried about him at home.”

“Does your dad punish him still?” Jonghyun said with a worried tone.

“Sometimes… but sometimes, it’s the maid, the male maid I mean. They eat him alive, but as I never leave the house , they don’t dare to approach him.” Jin Ki said looking the shocked Jonghyun.

“This is why you asked us to let Taemin sleep over our mini studio when you had that allergy shock.” Jonghyun mumbled, shocked. “Why? He said he wasn’t bullied before coming to this school.”

“He wasn’t bullied at school. That didn’t include the house.” Jin Ki scoffed. Jonghyun and Kibum sighed, worried and guilty. “Don’t look like this. It’s not your fault if he is bullied in this school. And look, he recovered from the old bullies, and has her to protect him. Also, it’s not your fault if he is mistreated at home.”

“He can live with us.” Kibum said with a sad tone, almost as if he was crying. “I would give him my bed and Jonghyun and I will share his.”

“Such a good idea!” Jonghyun said with a smile. “Like this, we will be always around him and protect him out of the school.” Jin Ki shook his head.

“You are a couple, Taemin will feel like disturbing you and he will feel depressed about it. I’ll figure it out.” Jin Ki suddenly noticed someone beside him and he looked up to see a rather shocked looking Hye Jin. “Oh. Noona, Taemin, how was your day?”

“We had fun today.” Taemin said with a bright tone. “I was assigned most of the group projects to do with Hye Jin Noona. We need a third party for the literature one but it’s all right. The teacher said we can do it both if we didn’t find a third member.” Taemin knelt up Jin Ki who played with his hair. “Hyung, please lend me one of your assignment, we want to see how you made it.” Taemin gave him a cute pout, almost begging him to say yes.

“I don’t have them now, but I’ll give you one, once we get home.” Taemin nodded happily.

Hye Jin didn’t say a word until then. “Ok. Then, we will work on the bibliography, and set a list of books we will need for every single project.” She sat by Jin Ki’s side, facing Taemin. “I’ll check our library, at home, for the scientific assignment. I’m sure mom has three or four books about it, and you and I have to set a date for book hunt in the city.”

“You are shopping books?” Kibum asked her.

“No, just seeking for bookstores that borrows books.” Hye Jin replied, ignoring the fact that Jin Ki’s eyes were eating her alive. “Do you have to buy some books too?”

“Yeah. This little dino had dirtied three of my school books and I have to buy new ones before the prof ask for it.” Kibum said ignoring the painful pokes Jonghyun was giving him. “Ouch! Stop digging your nails on my ribs.” It made Taemin and Jin Ki laugh while Hye Jin wondered what was embarrassing about dirtying the books. She kept silent as they animated the discussion between them, until Minho showed up, with a bruised lip.

“Oh, my god! Minho? What happened?” Taemin stood up to help Minho to sit. The man didn’t speak but he was too shaken and had an obviously angry expression in his face.

Jin Ki patted his arm. “You know you can tell us anything, anytime. Right?” Minho nodded but still didn’t say a word, so Hye Jin got up.

“I’m going to find everything out by myself. Minho isn’t in the mood of telling us…”

“They tried to kiss her by force.” Minho said with a painful tone. “They tried to force my girlfriend and I just… couldn’t control myself. I punched one of them and they attacked me back.” The silence that followed back was heavy.

“It means you will be suspended from school until they deal with the incident.” Jin Ki said, thinking deeply. “This is not good news for you, Minho. If they make you change school, someone have to stay by your girlfriend’s side to protect her.” Minho sighed, closing his eyes and resting it on the three where they were sitting.

“I know.” Hye Jin walked away before they could say anything to her. She headed to the director’s office and knocked three times.

“Please come in.” The old man was surprised to see her. “Isn’t it time for your third period, Miss Choi?”

“Yes, it is. However, I’m here for an important issue.” Hye Jin said standing right in front of the old man. “I heard that one of my friends got engaged in a fight, few moments ago and I’m here to ask permission to plead in Choi Minho’s favor.” The man blinked in confusion.

“I wasn’t reported that there was a fight in my building.” The man said and she smirked.

“How pleasant.” She sarcastically said. “I see that I came in time for it. When the incident gets reported to you, please consider calling me to speak in my friend’s favor. If not, I hope you don’t mind if I check who in the school building is trying to keep you in the shadows about such matter.”

The man was frowning deeply, obviously thinking about it. “I don’t mind for the both cases, even if it is against the school system to let a student handle such issues. However, I hope it’s not a big fight, because that will make the staff working for me as liars.” The man looked at her with a serious expression. “Please report me whenever such incident occurs again.” Hye Jin nodded and bowed.

“I’m taking my leave. Have a nice day, sir.” She walked out and headed directly to Minho’s classroom. Knocking the door, the teacher stopped whatever he was doing to look at her. “May I ask Choi Minho for a minute? It’s about a fight he got involved into and that the director himself allowed me to investigate about.”

“A fight?” The teacher looked at Minho’s face. “I can see that he was beaten up. Choi Minho, you can dispose.” Minho showed up, looking at her without a clear expression. She bowed to the teacher.

“I won’t take much of his time.” She pulled Minho away and faced him. “Where does your girlfriend studies?” Minho blinked.

“2-F.” He said pointing at a classroom, just behind Hye Jin. “But… what are you doing exactly?”

“I reported the incident to the director himself and I asked him to let me plead in your favor.” Hye Jin said facing the classroom door, pulling Minho along.

“Excuse me, teacher. May I get in?” The teacher nodded and she stood in front of him. “Forgive me for taking from your precious time, sir. But there is a girl here who witnessed a fight to which the man behind me got involved and we wish to ask her for a moment to answer some questions.”

Hye Jin scanned the room, and found that one girl in particular had the eyes filled with water.  “I don’t know her name, but I’ll love if she stands up for herself. Don’t be afraid as long as I’m by your side. Obviously, she’s my protected and whoever dares to hurt her have to deal with me.” The girl stood, silently, and Minho’s face twitched in pain as he stepped forward; Hye Jin held his wrist as the girl walked closer. “Let us speak in a calm place. If there is anyone who wishes to add anything to the investigation, please follow us to the cafeteria.”

They headed to the cafeteria when the girl sobbed as Minho sat by her side and pulled her to a soft hug. “Don’t cry. It’s ok. Everything is ok.” As the couple sat in an empty table, she looked at him and caressed his cut softly. “I’m not hurt. I got worst in the football games.”

“Minho oppa, I’m so sorry.” She mumbled when jus bottle landed in front of them, and they looked at Hye Jin.

“Drink first. It will calm you for a moment.” Minho opened the bottle for his girlfriend and gave her to sip, softly caressing her back as she did so. It made Hye Jin smile. “Now, I hope if you give me details on how it happened from A to Z.” They told her how they were together in the first part of the lunch break, playing and fooling around when the girl left him to go eat and three kids from her class showed up, teasing her.

“I think they saw us kissing and stuff and they dared to force her.” Minho explained as he rested his head on his girlfriend’s. “I saw green and I didn’t control myself since.” Hye Jin nodded.

“Do you know their names, Seoyong ssi?” She nodded and picked a pen and a paper from her pocket to write it down and handed it to Hye Jin. “Good. You can go both to your classrooms, and act normal.” They nodded and followed her to the classroom level, where they parted with longing eyes. She headed to her classroom, and then got in while explaining to the teacher that she was in the director’s office for an urgent issue. Taemin gave her a questioning expression while she threw a paper ball to the kangta member who was snoring almost. The kid looked at the ball and opened it.

Bring me those s,

Kim Jeonghee

Park Chasung

Kim HeoJong.

From 2-F. I’ll wait for you outside the school building by the end of school.” He looked at Hye Jin curiously before nodding. The school day went just fine until the end of it when Hye Jin and Taemin met with the rest.

“Go, guys to the bus stop, I have something to do before heading home.” Hye Jin said pushing Taemin softly to Jin Ki’s side. The kid got tears in the eyes, and pouted. “Please, give me just a moment. Don’t be sad.” Taemin nodded, still upset.

“I got used to walk home with you by my side.” Taemin mumbled said. “Don’t take too long.” Hye Jin smiled and pulled him to a hug.

“I’ll be quick I swear and if I don’t manage to catch the same bus as you, I’ll take a taxi and wait for you.” Hye Jin said caressing the kid’s cheeks. “Trust me, I’m not taking long. Now, go.” Jin Ki noticed the Kangta, not far from the front door, with three other kids. He looked up to Minho who was observing the scene. Hye Jin walked to the Kangta and shook hand with the leader before facing the three kids. “They are the one I asked for?” The others nodded and stepped back. “Now, let me tell you two things. I don’t like when people hurt my friend, so I’m really unable to hold my fist back. But, for your luck, I told the director about the whole fight and he gave me the go for the investigation which means I may get your expelled before you blink.” The kids didn’t budge. “But I don’t want to. Move out from the school, it will be the best for us; unless you are ready to get charged for ual harassment and fight indulging injuries.”

The kids looked at each other and then to the Kangta. “She’s not kidding.” One of the kids behind her said. “You need to think of it before you screw it up.”

“Since I made myself clear, I’m leaving. You have the night to think of it, and I hope I get a better result tomorrow. If not, I’ll make you regret.” She said as she stood even closer, sending cold shivers in their spins with her murderous expression.  “I will.” She ran away, enough fast to catch a running bus. Since she didn’t find Taemin and Jin Ki in the bus stop she followed the bus she usually takes, running. Meanwhile Jin Ki was looking by the window when he noticed that a familiar running silhouette was following the bus. The bus came into a halt in a stop and she got in, smiling to Taemin who stood to let her sit. “You came running?” She did, despite the fact that her breathing soon became steady and composed. “It doesn’t show up.”

“Because of my sickness, I had to have a lot of cardio. My dad got me a coach who taught me how to breathe enough well, while running so that my heart won’t stop in the middle of the exercises.” Hye Jin said holding Taemin’s hand, and ignoring the expression in Jin Ki’s face. “It is what saved my life.”

“I never asked you about the disease you had.” Jin Ki commented and she felt like someone drained her from blood and energy. “What was it precisely?”

“A heart dysfunction. I had a side that didn’t pump the blood enough as the other and so on.” Hye Jin said as she rested her forehead on Taemin’s hand. “I feel so sleepy.” She wasn’t, but needed a reason to not look up. Taemin’s hand patted on her head for a second when the man next to Hye Jin moved and Jin Ki took his place, pulling Taemin to sit on his lap.

“Hyung! What…”

“You are my little brother; I can make you sit on my laps.” Jin Ki’s voice was always teasing and cooing with Taemin but with her, it was filled with seriousness, and Hye Jin didn’t know if it meant something. Suddenly, an arm wrapped her shoulders and she opened her eyes to look at Jin Ki who pulled her closer. “Rest on my shoulder, I’ll wake you up when we reach the stop.” She was about to object when the bus made a sudden stop, making Hye Jin rush, faster than usual,  in order to hold a woman who let out a scary shrink. She held the woman and made her sit on her seat before walking out as the bus stopped in front of an incredible accident. Two cars collided; one was projected to a far sideway while the one in front of the bus was almost smashed. Hye Jin’s eyes detected two people inside and she rushed to pull the door open.  It took her some time but she did, her hair hiding most of her face, which disturbed her, and she pulled the kids out of the backseats, while the man in the front was in a bad position.

“My kids…” He mumbled, sadly.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get you out of here.” She said getting closer to him and pulled the man slowly. He yelled in pain. “Hold on! For your kids, please hold on.”

“My kids…” the man said again as she pulled him.

“What are their names? Call them.” He tried to voice words but his situation was getting worse. “DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR KIDS! DO NOT DO THAT!” She pushed the car open and pulled him out, her adrenaline level reaching an unexpectedly high range. She tore her vest open and wrapped his injuries in order to stop him from bleeding, then ran to the other car which she helped men to take the woman who was inside.

“Her lung got injured!” She yelled at the man by her side. “Don’t pull her out.” She ran to take iron bar that fell from the side road and used it to smash the iron side open. When she did so, she managed to take the woman out with the huge iron part of the car that went throught the woman’s chest. “if you take it off, she will bleed more. Wait until the ambulance come.” She ordered the men, before heading to the kids and checking on them.

“Hye Jin…” Jin Ki’s voice was heard but she didn’t care. “Hye Jin… The bus is moving.”

“I can’t go and leave them behind.” Hye Jin said pushing Jin Ki away. “I won’t go home…” Taemin was shocked by her words but didn’t say a thing as he held her arm.

“I’ll bring them water bottles, and if I can towels.” Taemin said before running to nearest grocery store. Jin Ki knelt in front of the kids, observing how she checked their injuries.

“How are they?”

“The eldest have a small concession, no internal injuries, but I think the youngest got bigger shock. He frowned when I touched his neck, so I hope it’s not serious.” Hye Jin said with a frown. “Their father in other hand is extremely injured, and I have nothing to stop him from bleeding. Same for the woman.”

“You won’t stop death, Hye Jin.” He said and she glared at him. “Don’t overwork yourself. Do the best you can, only.”  Jin Ki caressed her cheek. “I don’t want you to be hurt, Hye Jin… don’t push yourself up.” Her tears showed up and she looked away.

“The problem is I can’t do my best.” She said as she opened her palm and scanned the kid in front of Jin Ki’s shocked stares, and then looked back at him. “I can’t show you the truth.”

Longer Chapter ^_^