02: Monday Meeting

당신은 누구 요? Who are you?

[A/N : Your family calls your father, Appa, which means father in Korean]

As Boram Unni started the meeting, the once fun atmosphere fell into a serious mood. Unni quickly reviewed the findings we've gotten in the previous meeting and I glanced at my note on my hands. I immediately recalled the interesting conversation I had with my tutor or as mentioned before, Mr. Perfectionist.

 

"Sir, am I eligible to fire you as a student?" I blatantly asked as I was getting bored of the differentiation exercise I was instructed to complete.  
 
"No. Unfortunately I work under your father commands so you, young lady, are unable to fire me." He commented while adjusting his black rectangle spectacles before continuing his reading which I believed to be my essay I had written last week. 
 
"Really?" I questioned him again, feeling rather unsatisfied. My single word question must have been unexpected for him as he changed his gaze towards me. 
 
"Well, unless you can convince your father about my dismissal, then I have no say against it. I would not oppose him as if you want to know, I don't gain much pleasure either from teaching a stubborn girl like you."
 
This guy... Despite his smart look, he is very vain I must tell you.
 
"Stubborn? Oh please, sir. Both of us know who's the stubborn one here." It took me months before I could get this informal with him!
 
"Ehem. If you may, please finish this exercise."
 
"I'll finish this in five minutes but please allow me to ask you a question which you absolutely have to answer."
 
"Sure. Just get this done in five. I'll start the timer."
 
Thinking I've rightfully earned an opportunity not to be missed, I got my head together and sprinted through the last 10 questions of the math exercise.
 
"Time's up!" he called.
 
"DONE!" I exclaimed while tossing the exercise over to Mr. Perfectionist sitting across me which he caught and straightened it with his hands before placing it carefully into his file.
 
"So... As promised, this is a question for you. How long have you been working for my father and what do you exactly do for my father besides teaching me?" I carefully asked.
 
"As promised, I am going to answer only one question of yours. I met your father when I was a young lost kid and he gladly took me in. So, if I calculated correctly, it must have been around 20 years."
 
"Wow, you're older than you look. Wait! How about the AND what do you for my father besides teaching me? There's only one question mark and it can be considered as one whole question!"
 
"Nice try, kid. Now, we shall move on to your favourite, Biology." He cut me off. 
 
 
I informed everyone there the conversation I had with my tutor and even though it wasn't all that informative, we knew one thing for sure. 
 
"This means that it's very likely that most of the people working for Appa started from a very young age. Just like how Teentop was taken in by Appa." Seunghyun shared the same sentiments as I did.
 
"Yes you're right. And all of this is done to gain their trust. That must be it. Appa will gain loyal subordinates who will unlikely turn against him as a sign of gratitude. Now, why must he have a group of this specialized men under him?" Hyunseung Oppa analyzed.
 
"We still need more information." I answered him. I can't help but feel regret. If only I phrased my question in a better manner, I might have gotten something way more useful. But that also depends on whether Mr. Perfectionist is willing to tell me. From his previous response, it seemed that he was reluctant to share anything about my father's doings. 
 
"Teentop is specializing in combat skills. There must be an intelligence team where your tutor would be in. Appa's organisation is moving in secret. He may be the sole leader or he may even work for someone else. We can come up with a few suggestions from there." Boram Unni deducted and got us to brainstorm.
 
Unni withdrew her curtains and revealed her transparent window that is filled with scribbles and pictures that are linked to one another. She took her red marker and started jotting down a few things in mind. Oppa and Seunghyun also started to brainstorm. I loved seeing how everyone can finally be serious about something. Outside of these meetings we occasionally held, they are just a bunch of pranksters.
 
I was about to get my brain working when I heard the doorbell ring. 
 
"I'll get it!" I instinctively said before anyone else had the chance. Honestly, I was just too lazy to participate in this brainstorm session. 
 
I sheepishly smiled as I exited the room and ran downstairs to get the door. On the touchscreen display, I was greeted with something quite unexpcted - a mouth wide opened, displaying two rows super white teeth that weren't perfectly in line. 
 
I broke out into a huge smile, knowing who it was and for once, I was glad that I was the one who came to get the door. 
 

Second chapter done! Enjoyed writing this! How do you like the conversations between you and your tutor? Hehe :) And I'm such a failure at writing cliffhangers coz I bet it's so easy to know who's at the door.
Anyway, hope you guys liked it! Do subscribe if you liked it and comment below!
감사합니다! Kamsahabnida ^_^
 
And now, a snippet of my travel in Korea :)
This was taken at Daewangam in Ulsan. A very stunning and lovely place. We are granted with such a beautiful world masyaAllah <3

Much love,

CYMERA_20131207_133500.jpg

kimchi_ramen

Photo credit to me. I think I will end off with food pics from now on. Hehe ^_^