01: An Ordinary Day

당신은 누구 요? Who are you?

"Ok, that's all for today. There'll be a pop quiz tomorrow on DNA & Genomics. If you fail once again, you'll know what's in it for you."

"NOOOO! Not again!" I screamed in my head as I let out a soft grumble. 

"Did I just hear you whine?" asked my home tutor otherwise known as the Mr. Perfectionist. 

"Oh no, sir! You have heard wrong. It was just my stomach. Hehe... Wonder what Omma's cooking for dinner today..." I babbled on, hoping I did not get on his nerves. I would not want to hear his unduly nagging about how much he detests people who complains every time. 

"Hm. I guess I will just get going. Goodbye." He said as he gave his usual slight nod as a gesture of respect before turning swiftly around to his left to open the door with his right hand. 

The door closed with a thud which marked the end of today's droning lessons and also the start of some siblings' adventure.

"UNNI!" I gleely called out for my older sister as I burst into her room. 

Just as I expected, Boram Unni didn't reply me and I was greeted with a darkly lit room. Faint shadows caused from the light down the hallway were casted behind towers of manga books sprawled over the floor and her contemporary furnitures that decorated her room. 

"Unni... Where are you?" I sang in a tune but was silenced with a loud bang of the door that closed shut. Now it was pitch dark. 

I gulped. 

Slowly, my feet scrambled backwards and my hands tried to find the light switch but just then, the lights flickered and I saw a familiar figure in front of me. Every time the light flickered, the figure came closer and closer to me until we were face to face. 

I've never seen a face so ugly up close that I gave out a shriek. Blood stains at the sides of the mouth made it as though the mouth was torn apart and bloodshot eyes stared at me wide-opened. Then, there was that super big smile plastered on the face which creeped me out. 

"Unni, stop it!" I immediately smacked my hands over that ugly face to save my eyes from the horror. 

"OOOOUUUCCHHHH!! You freaking poked my eyes!"

Hearing the high-pitched voice, I started to calm down and searched for the light switch. It was my older sister (known as Unni in Korean) alright.

When light finally brightened up the room (which usually happens only when someone enters Unni's room), my poor sister was lying down on her bed with her hands still covering her eyes. I can't help but giggle at how silly my sister can be sometimes. 

"Come here, let me see." Like a small kid, she whined softly as she removed her hands from her face, revealing her eyes; reddened and filled with tears. 

"Omo omo, baby don't cry!" I . I had to do it whenever I had the chance :]

"YAH!" She slapped me on my arms. Hard. Sisters, like many have said, sure are dangerous. 

"Well, who asked you to open their eyes so big?" I tried to comeback. 

Before Unni could say anything, the door slammed open and Hyunseung Oppa barged in still with his school uniform on before landing directly on top of me on the bed. 

"Oops, didn't see you down there." He claimed with his irritating sarcasm tone.

Like an animal instinct, I punched him on his sides, causing him to jump off me. 

"Is that how you greet your younger sister?" 

"Yes, apparently it is. Haha. Whoa! Hold up! What happened to you Nuna? I can't believe it. I thought you can't get any uglier."

Wrong move. 

Unni swiftly brought her legs across the bed and accurately hit Oppa at his stomach. Bull's eye. I just laughed at how hilarious things have gotten and seconds later, a chorus of laughter filled the room as Unni and Oppa joined in. 

"What? What? What did I miss?"Seunghyun suddenly stood at the door with a towel over his wet hair giving a blank look.

I coldn't help it but I just continued laughing seeing Seunghyun... just being Seunghyun. 

It was a normal Monday afternoon. Boram Unni and I just finished our lessons for the day at home. Hyunseung Oppa and Seunghyun came straight home after their school ended. We have started our meet up with a rather light atmosphere (putting the violence aside). However, everyone turning up at Boram Unni's room at that very time of day was not just pure coincidence. It was planned. Omma would be out doing her yoga lessons with her friends after leaving our dinner out at the dining table. Appa will only be back at home late at night on Mondays. We would have the whole house to ourselves and we have lots of time to spare. It was the best time for us to meet up. 

After Unni finished cleaning up her face, revealing her pale skin that was flawless she sat down on the floor with a notebook in her hands. 

"Let's start." She announced, and all our heads turned to her direction. 


First chapter up! Just an intro to the characters from the previous story :) It's been so long since I last wrote so I hope my writing wasn't that awkward hehe. I'll get a hang of it soon!
Anyway, hope you guys liked it! Do subscribe if you liked it and comment below!
감사합니다! Kamsahabnida ^_^
 
Not forgetting a snippet of my travel in Korea :)
This was taken at the Shilla Millenium Park found in Gyeongju.

 

 

Much love,

kimchi_ramen

kimchi_ramen

Photo credit to me & gastrolust.com