Chapter 2

Unexpected

Thank you for all the comments and subscribers! This makes me blush \(o/////o)/. I hope I don't disappoint you all! Please enjoy! Chapter 3 will be out tomorrow!


Patient: Kim Kibum

Room: 304

: Male

Age:22 Family: Unknown

Reason: Anorexia, Depression

 

Patient: Cho Kyuhyun

Room: 306 & SP 2

: Male

Age: 25

Family: Unknown

Reason: Bipolar

 

Patient: Kim Jaejoong

Room: 300

: Male

Age: 27

Family: Unknown

Reason: Depression, Drug Addiction

 

The nurse that received the flowers from Yunho was clicking away on her computer to figure out who to deliver the roses to. Out of all the patients that were registered in the system, there was only a handful of patients that are being taken care of, courtesy of the Jung family. Out of the three on the screen, Kibum had visitors that come frequently. Kyuhyun was in isolation for attempt of hurting one of the workers and was in no condition of returning to his room without a strait jacket.

She tapped her cheek thoughtfully. Jaejoong has been here for about two months without a single visitor. Out of all the patients there, he is one of the loneliest ones around, he spends all his time in his room or in at the end of the hall where he would just spend his time staring out the window.

She smiled as she made her decision. He should be happy with this little surprise. She stood up and rearranged the roses in a vase to make it more presentable. She blushed lightly as she remembered the handsomeness of the man that delivered the flowers.

~

Kim Jaejoong was not happy.

He hated being at the SM Hospital. It was a prison, He had to go to group therapy, one on one therapy, take about thirty different types of pills a day, he was only allowed outside for an hour, they were always checking every hour to make sure that he didn't “harm himself.” Also, the only things that were there to “entertain” the patients was a television with one of those big backs that jutted out from behind.All of this honestly irritated Jaejoong. He could have jumped out of the window or try to escape except he was classified as a “special case” and watch over him was doubled.

He leaned back against the window he was currently sitting down next to and watch as the night began to take hold over the sky. He hasn't been outside in the nighttime and he misses it. All he has to look forward to is jello cups, precooked, heated up food, and watching the television for an attempt to distract himself when it wasn't occupied.

One of the things that Jaejoong did enjoy was people watch. There was always some person that would stand out in Jaejoong's eyes. He especially liked watching the customers that entered the convenience store across the hospital. It was at the outskirts of the city so there was always some new person that would be coming or going the city. Jaejoong couldn't help but feel envious of the people that had the opportunity to go around as they pleased. He would admire the clothing of the people below him. He loved fashion, he absolutely loathed wearing the SM official clothing which consisted of a long sleeved blue cotton shirt and pajama bottoms.

It was nighttime and there was fewer people traveling through the convenience store and Jaejoong contemplated going back into his room to sleep, which of course was all anyone can do here for fun. There was no one in the store and without the sun there was nothing else that Jaejoong could watch.

He paused in middle of getting up as he spotted a white Audi pull in the parking lot. He watched as a tall, young, man step out of the car. He sat back down and watched him as he picked up a basket and begin to fill it up with snacks. He walked out of sight for a moment.

Jaejoong admired the suit that he wore, it fit his body nicely. He yawned as he waited for the man to come back. Jaejoong couldn't remember when the last time he wore a suit. It might have been before “that” happened. Jaejoong closed his eyes tightly and pushed the thought aside. He was people watching now. He didn't want something like that to distract him!

He smiled as the man returned to view. He cocked his head to the side as he saw the man return with an armful of drinks, Where did the basket go? Right behind him the basket came into view. A shorter, but older looking male, in an equally attractive suit, was right behind the other holding the basket in both of his arms as the food inside of it was in danger of spilling all over the floor.

Jaejoong let out a small smile as he watched the other male struggle to put the basket on the checkout counter without dropping any of the food. The taller one ignored his struggle as the cashier started to scan the items. He was too busy picking up some more food on the stands that surrounded the register.

He watched in silent awe as one of the packets of chips fell off the small register counter, but before the bag fell to the ground, the man manage to catch it. He saw him breathe out a sigh of relief before he turned to see the other man with an armful of candy.

Jaejoong let out a small huff of air out of his nose in silent laughter as he saw the man's incredulous expression as the taller male dropped the pile on the check out counter. The taller one let out a smirk at the look the other gave him, but it was quickly replaced with one of pain as the other slapped the back of his head.

Why did he hit him, I wonder who he is? Jaejoong thought as he sat there watching the duo in the store. He raised his eyebrows in disbelief when the woman behind the cash register finally finished ringing up their food and the shorter male pulled out a silver card to pay for the food.

The other one, Food Monster, Jaejoong thought, merely picked up three of the bags and walked out the store and opened the side car doors to gently set the food inside. He then got inside the car inside the car and started it up.

The other one still inside gather the other four bags and walked out of the store. Unlike Food Monster, he threw the bags in the back seat without a single glance at where they would land before he opened the passenger door and slammed the door shut. Jaejoong watched as the car pull out and go back into town and disappeared from sight.

He let out a sigh and stood up deciding that it was about time to go back before the warden's decided to check up on him. As he reached the door to his room the door opened to suddenly reveal a nurse with short hair. He let his frown deepened as he stared down the nurse. She paid him no mind and talked to him as if he wasn't looking at her in distaste.

“Oh Jaejoong, I was just wondering where you were. You got a delivery.” She smiled despite the fact that he was glaring daggers of hate at her. “Well, it's getting late, have a nice night Kim Jaejoong.” She bowed to the younger male quickly before leaving.

Jaejoong let out a huff as he opened the door to his room. There was nothing in the room, it was bare with no sign of life except for the bed sheets that were crumpled. He flicked the light on and froze as he saw the vase of roses on the table next to the bed in his room.

He grabbed the vase and tried to look for a note from the sender. There was none, much to Jaejoong's dismay. He put the vase down before he went to make sure his door was locked. It didn't matter that much, all the employees had a copy of each room key so they could come in whenever they wanted. Though that didn't stop Jaejoong, it was good alarm before the invaded his space.

He returned to the vase and lifted a rose from the bunch to smell it. He closed his eyes in silent happiness as the aroma of rose engulfed his senses. It reminded him of the scent of the garden in a house he lived in long ago. The woman there had a garden filled with roses and nothing else. Jaejoong would go and lay in the middle of the garden and just breath in the smell.

Jaejoong carefully replaced the rose back into its spot before he climbed into his bed and shut off the lights. He smiled softly as he stared at the outline of the roses.

Jaejoong was going to find the person who gave him the roses and thank them.