Chapter 1

Unexpected

 

Thank you for all the people who subscribed before the first chapter is out! I hope my story is up to your expectations! ^^


Yunho thanked the florist as she handed him a dozen roses tied together with a simple silver ribbon. He made his way to a small blue house that sat in between two trees. Checking his hair in the car mirror he breathed in, he was ready to propose to the woman he wanted to be his wife.

Though this marriage was more for business purposes he had wholeheartedly fallen in love with the woman. It was a request from his father, he was twenty six and not getting any younger. If his father was going to let him become the full owner of the company when he retired, he had to go and prove to his family that he was going to be responsible and settle down. His parents introduced him to a woman around the same age as him, they were both heirs and according to their parents, this was one of best way to make more profit. Yunho didn't mind that much, he was always working and had no free time to spend time with his friends, not that he had any. This simplified his life by having someone else who can understand the workings of the business. The woman, Go Ara, wasn't that bad to look at either.

It was awkward in the beginning, but if who wouldn't be uncomfortable meeting someone for the first time and they were going to the person you would have to go and spend the rest of your life with? After a few weeks, Yunho had decided that in order to be happy in life with her he decided that he was going to make her fall in love with him. He asked her out, much to her surprise. Unlike Yunho, Ara wasn't that sure about sudden marriage. Nevertheless, Yunho began to court her. After three months spending time together when he wasn't working, Yunho decided that it was now to pop the question and officially as her to be his wife.

He ignored the buzzing of the incoming messages from his co worker, and only friend, Changmin. He patted his pocket where the engagement ring was stored. He had spent over two hours with the jewelers and he personally picked out the design. He believed it was the perfect ring, it was a simple silver band that split into three bands at the front. It was dotted with diamonds and had three red jewels in the shape of a flower going down diagonally. In Yunho's eyes it was the perfect. He might be a busy man most of the time, but when he truly cared for someone, he would do anything to please them.

He walked up the steps of the small house that was in the middle of the suburbs. She lived alone out here. Yunho lived in the middle of the city to be close to work. He enjoyed the days that he spent out out the polluted air. He pulled out the spare key he made himself in secret. She didn't give him a spare key, after all why would she? They had agreed that once they were married they would sell the house and move in together in Yunho's apartment. It was not small in the least. His father had bought out the apartment and made the twelfth floor into one giant apartment. The rest of the apartment was rented out to others. However, Yunho wanted to surprise his future wife and so while they were out one day he made himself a copy.

He let himself inside. Seeing that there was no one in the living room he left the roses on the coffee table and quietly walked to his fiance's bedroom. He wondered if she was in the shower or out in the back, he car was in the driveway. He then spotted a leather jacket thrown carelessly on the hallway ground. He cocked his head to the side and stayed silent. He didn't want to believe that she might not be so faithful. The unfamiliar clothing, and unknown man's voice, and the heavy panting greeted Yunho. Quickly piecing together what was happening. Anger boiled in his veins and he quickly marched inside the bedroom.

“I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?” Yunho asked in a barely controlled voice. He spotted a muscular man's back and the black waves of his fiance's hair strewed around her head.

His fiance's eyes widened in panic at the sight of Yunho. Pushing the man off of her body she her lips nervously. She lifted the blanket to cover her exposed s as the man next to her stumbled to find his boxers. “Look, Yunho, I can explain!” She tried to start.

“I think we all know what was going on here. I never want to see your face around again. I'm going to call off the engagement. Have fun being a ing . Goodbye Ara.” Yunho spoke fast in an attempt to save face. He walked out of the house and picked up the bouquet and left the house. Yunho slammed the front door hard enough to shake the plants that were hanging up on the porch ceiling. Fueled by anger, embarrassment, and betrayal he ignored getting inside his car and chose instead to walk off the anger he felt.

His face was remained red in anger for the betrayal and also the fact that Yunho was still a . He was pushed to be the top of his class and therefore had no time to even think about having a girlfriend, much less having . That was what hurt Yunho the most. Ara had told him that she was still a as well. That was why they had never done anything other than kiss and light groping. Yunho wanted to go and yell some more at the woman, but, he felt that if he did he would end up in tears. He brushed away at his watery eyes. The tears were from anger not sadness, dammit!

After an hour or so of mindless walking, Yunho calmed down, after kicking at several garbage cans along the way, with his feet. Letting out a curse, Yunho kicked an empty trashcan against the ally wall. The loud echo the collision made snapped Yunho out of his angry trance.

Looking around, he noticed that he was lost. He managed to get on the outskirts of town but from the fading light as it was in the afternoon didn't give Yunho a sense of where he was. Cursing some more he kicked at the boxes next to the garbage can. Yunho hung his head in defeat. He was supposed to marry that woman in order to merge their parents companies. He blew it by going off in an angry rampage. He knew that his parents would be disappointed with his decision but he hoped that they would reconsider the marriage with Ara. He hasn't in these past five years done anything less than perfect to do anything to appease his parents.

“HEY!” A deep man's voice sounded out from the dumpster. “I'm trying to sleep here!” A head popped out of the dumpster, sending Yunho an irked look.

“What?!” Yunho flinched seeing a dirty mop of silver hair rise from the dumpster. He ignored the urge to find the nearest source of water and a pair of scissors. “Mister, what are you doing there? That isn't safe” Yunho set down the roses that were clutched tightly in his hand. Somehow they managed to remain intact despite Yunho's previous fury.

Running up to the dumpster he began to pile up bags of trash in order to save the man in the dumpster. “Calm down boy, I live here. I know what I'm doing.” The older man shooed away Yunho.

“This isn't right. I have a apartment complex that I own, I could let you live in until you can get back up on your feet.” Yunho climbed higher stretching out his arm to the elder man to help him out of the dumpster. “I don't need your pity son, I am happy where I am right now. You on the other hand look like you need to calm down and come back down to earth. Not all of us need to rolling in dough in order to live happily.”

Though the man lived in a dump, he easily recognized Yunho. His family practically owned half the city. “I will be happy if you just come with me. Being clean, healthy, and having a nice house is what you need sir.” Yunho ignored the older man's ramblings.

“Let me guess,” the old man continued as he glanced down at the roses in Yunho's grasp , “Did you get stood up or you just lost some sort of business deal.” His eyes twinkled kindly. Yunho stopped climbing letting his feet sink back onto the dirty sidewalk. “ It was actually both. However, she lost her chance when I found her cheating on me. Now my father will have to find another way in order to get their company under our control. I didn't even like her that much. She was never that open and spent to much time shopping instead of working on the company. She was always out when I called to spend time and she smelt bad” Yunho childishly let himself rant his frustrations to the elderly man, after all who was he going to tell? No one would pay any attention to a homeless man.

“Yeah, I hear ya.” He responded thoughtlessly. “What are you going to do with those flowers? They are too pretty to be wasted.”

“Throw them out, they have no meaning now.” Yunho replied examining the bouquet. “Do you want them?”

The old man gave him a contemplating look, “Why yes, I think it would look nice inside my dumpster.” He shook his head. “If you still want to find use of those flowers, go to the hospital around the corner to the right and let them take care of it.”

Giving the man a curious look, he nodded slowly. “I'll do that.”

“Tell them that Tony sent you. 'Night.” The man, Tony, let the lid of the dumpster conceal him once again. Yunho, having nothing better to do at the moment, took Tony's advice and walked to the hospital. He shivered as the cold air of the hospital greeted him. He made his way to the front desk presenting the flowers to the young woman behind the desk.

“How may I help you?” The woman greeted him warmly.

“Hello, Tony, the crazy old man that lives in the dumpster, advised me to come down here and let someone who really needs these roses to have them.” Yunho looked at the nurse awkwardly.

“Why, yes, of course. I know just the person that needs something to cheer them up. Thank you.” She stood up from her chair to accept the roses from the man. “No problem” Yunho smiled and left the building. Digging into his pocket he dialed Changmin's number. “Hey, yeah, come pick me up. I don't feel like driving home.”

“Where are you?” Changmin's voice asked.

“Ummm...” Yunho turned to look at the name of the hospital. “I'm at SM hospital.”

“Seoul Mental Hospital? What are you doing there? Finally realized that you are a crazy man? I thought you are with Ara? Why don't you just drive home? You took your car.”

“Something came up between Ara and I so I left, I walked here and I don't want to take any chances of getting mugged out here in the dark. Get your over here now. I'll send someone for my car later. I will go to the convenience store across the street to wait there.” Yunho looked up at the flickering street lights that had begun to light up the dark streets.

“Fine, but you have to treat me to ramen later.” Changmin hung up.


I hope you all enjoy it! The next chapter will be uploaded tomorrow! ^^ Please tell me what you thought! Thank you for reading!