Chapter 6

Help Me Win Your Daughter's Heart

Sooyoung ‘s POV

Finally! Today’s the day that I will finally have a break from all the stressful office work.

I’m really excited for this trip. You can tell right? Anyway, as I was final checking our things, I heard my daughter call out my name.  I turned and I saw my daughter dressed in a white plain shirt with a black varsity jacket over it. She wore black short shorts pairing them up with white sneakers. She also had some huge black sunglasses on. My daughter’s really growing up. She has changed. A lot.

“Umma, you called me?”

“Ah, yes. Can you help me with these luggages?” 

She nods her head and went to my side to help. She checks her own luggage first before turning to the small bag beside it.

“Done?” I asked

“Yup” she answered

She stood up from her position before plugging those ear phones in her ears. Just as Tiffany went out the room, Jessica came in from the bathroom. She was wearing black and white stripe long sleeve shirt covering it with a black jacket. She was wearing grey skinny pants with white shoes.

She walks towards me while I open my arms. She wraps her arms around my waist while I wrap mine on her neck.

“This is awkward” I said

She just let out a small giggle before pecking my lips. And I couldn’t help but smile. Just remembering those times she had to win my heart makes me all giddy inside. From those cute tantrums she has when I try to make her jealous to those cheesy lines she learned from the internet. I pulled her closer for a long deep kiss. We’ve been together for years now and I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach go wild. We pulled out and she fixes my clothes.

“White long sleeve shirt, grey ripped pants and converse shoes” she said eyeing me from head to toe

“Good choice” she added before giving me a wink

I playfully scoff before doing the same. I scanned her from head to toe and she just smiles.

“Like what you see?” she lifts a brow

“I love it”

What we have in common is the passion for fashion. We may be *ahem*old*ahem* but we still got it.

I look at my watch and noticed that we need to go before the airplane leaves us. I held Jessica’s left hand with my right and my other hand carrying a trolley bag. Jessica carried the other one while Tiffany came to get hers. We proceeded to the airport after.

Good thing the streets weren’t jammed today or else we’ll be in big trouble. I unload the entire luggage from the back of my car and handed my trusted car to Soonkyu, who came along to say good bye. Although that wasn’t necessary cause we’ll be back after 2 weeks or 3 weeks at most.

Anyhow, Jessica spotted the Im’s waiting at the entrance of the airport. We made our way towards them and gave each other a hug when I noticed that Taeyeon, who is always excited to see Tiffany wasn’t even looking at my daughter. Same with Tiffany, she usually jumps on Taeyeon when she sees the latter.

Hm.

There is clearly something wrong with these kids. First, Taengoo declines to hang out with us. Second, Tiffany, who would beg to sleep over at Taengoo’s, hasn’t been bothering me. And third, this. They’re ignoring each other.

We boarded the plane after quarter of an hour waiting. There weren’t too many people in the first class so I was pretty happy about it. Me and Jessica are sitting on the middle row white Tiffany was sitting on Jessica’s right side, the row with a single seat. YoonYul are sitting behind us while Hyoyeon and Taeyeon are sitting in the same row as Tiffany with Taeyeon sitting behind Tiffany.

The trip was long but it wasn’t exhausting. It was actually rather relaxing. But it was too relaxing that I had trouble waking up the girl beside me. Sigh. This princess is lucky I love her.

We stayed over my parents’ rest house. It isn’t big but it was enough for us. 4 bed rooms with a bathroom in each one. Me and Jessica in the master’s bedroom. And YoonYul in stayed the second one. Kim Yeons stayed in the guest room while Tiffany stayed on the second guest room just beside Kim Yeon’s.

After unpacking, Jessica went back to sleep. Obviously.YoonYul went out grocery shopping. I’m hoping they’ll be able to communicate especially with Yuri’s English. And I also hope my shikshin buddy hasn’t eaten all the food yet. Tiffany’s in her room and so was Hyoyeon.

I just came from the kitchen when I saw Taeyeon outside the veranda. She was looking out to nowhere. This girl has been looking really troubled lately.

“So” she got a bit startled

“Jinjja aunt Sooyoung! You scared me”

Taengoo is really cute when she gets mad. But looking at her feature she sure didn’t age much.

“Calm down midget!”  She glared

“Anyway,” I continued shrugging off her glare

“Want to tell me something?” I lifted a brow while I put an arm over her shoulder

“S-Something?” she looked tense.

Just as tense as she was when I saw her at Tiffany’s performance.

“Stuttering makes me think that there is something wrong. So spill it”

She heaved a sigh before finally relaxing. She folded her arms over the railings of the veranda then she rested her chin on it. I did the same. I folded my arms and rested them over the railings too.

“We had a fight”

So my hunch was right. I nod urging her to continue.

“Tiffany ditches us and hangs out with Nickhun and his gang”

“Nickhun?”

Isn’t that a guy’s name? I looked at her a bit confused telling her I don’t know who this ‘Nickhun’ guy is

“The guy with Tiffany on the play” she explained

So that’s what that boy’s name was.

She continued telling me all those events that happened these past few weeks from the clinic incident to the bus incident. She also confessed to me that she was the one who turned the lights off during the kissing scene. I saw her blush when she told me that. No wonder she was so tensed when I saw her. She was acting like she committed an unforgivable crime. But it was wrong of her to do that. Although, I have to thank her for that or else my daughter’s lips would no longer be pure.

Note to self: Thank Taengoo later with a poster.

“Wanna know what’s worst aunt Giant?” she said breaking me from my thoughts.

I just realized that the sun has started setting. It made the city look bloody orange. The wind is starting to get cold too.

“She forgot our promise” she continued

She turned to me and pouted cutely. She’s covering all her pain with this small pout. I know. I have watched these kids grow. I know all of their habits.

Taeyeon pouts cutely when she’s chocking her tears. Tiffany always looks down when something’s bothering her. Hyoyeon? She’ll asks me to send her to a dance studio. She dances her heart out until she feels her body go numb and then drops herself on the floor letting her tears out. And maknae? I’ve seen her in her bad days too. I’ve learned about it when I went to the library to borrow some books for SIca. She goes to the library and reads all day until she forgets what she’s upset about. And hearing what Taeyeon said about Tiffany drifting apart must have hurt all of them. Not just Taeyeon.

“Then you should remind her” I poked her forehead

“Aunt Sooyoung”

“Hm?”

“Do you think” she looks at her hands fidgeting with them

“What?”

“Do you think T-Tippany will l-like me? M-More than friends?” she now turned bright red

As much as I want my daughter to be straight. There is no one in this world that will assure me that Tiffany is in good hands than this little girl in front of me.

“Let’s just see”

“A-Aunt Sooyoung?” she called out again trying her best to look at me straight

“Yes?”

“W-Will you help me w-win your daughter’s heart?”

I giggled. It’s just like me and Jessica all over again but this time with our daughter.

“Of course!” I ruffled her hair

“T-Then w-what should I d-do?” she stuttered

“Just do what you do best” I told her

She looked at me with her eyebrows meeting in the centre, she’s clearly confused.

“What’s that?”

“Being a dork!”

We laugh until someone opens the sliding door of the veranda. We both turned and I smiled.

“U-Umma, mommy’s looking for you”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There you go~

A crappy chapter xD kekeke sorry! My brain isn't functioning well m(-.-)m 

Anyway a comment would help me get inspired again! Thank you for the comments from the last chapter! 

Kamsahamnida! 

 (I also like big bang okay?) 

PS; I tried eyesmiling xD it was a fail! I'll post it in my blog :)) so those who are curious of how fail it was just check it! 

cr. to the owner of the gif above