Definitely not lucky

Phoenix~

Ilhoon’s POV

 

I looked at the ceiling with plain eyes.

This day found me completely bored and without any motive to get up from the bed. My «aunt» is out of the house for her job, so I don’t even need to get out of here because of her.

 

The rest of the gang should be at their houses today, since last night. It’s the day of the week that we return to our houses to take care of any matters that may have occurred within the week.

I suppose the others must like that day.

I personally hate it.

I have no reason to stay here. No matters to take care of.

If there were matters, I’d love to let them grow bigger and bigger, until this house and my aunt explode.

 

I closed my eyes.

I need some excitement.

But Nana is also busy today… She had to go somewhere with a friend of hers or something… I can’t even remember now.

 

And the worst of all, that brings my mood down to zero, is that I’m broke again.

That bastard, Changsub… needed extra money to spend the week. He couldn’t ask from his parents. They don’t know he has stopped attending University, since they live in Busan. They had made the agreement that he will pay a big part of the tuition, with the salary from the job he had. But as soon as he got fired… the corruption started. He couldn’t pay his tuition anymore, but he didn’t want to tell his parents he got fired also. So, he stopped from University also, without telling them a word. He spends the month with the little money they send to him for the supposed tuition and with whatever he manages to make from our works.

This week was the last before they send him the new sum and he didn’t have enough to pay the rent. After fighting a lot with him, I decided to give him the money I had made… We’re supposed to have a big rap battle the upcoming Friday. I can be patient for a couple of days… I think.

Even though the lack of cigarettes has made me a little nervy already.

 

My mobile vibrated and I grabbed it quickly.

 

«Ne?» I yelled a little, because of the long silence that I’ve been going through since the moment I woke up.

«Why are you yelling at me, rat?» I heard Minhyuk’s voice.

«Ah… I… Nothing, forget it. What’s wrong?» I asked, rubbing my neck.  

«Big things coming. Get ready.»

«What happened?» I raised my tone again.

«You won’t believe who’s coming to «Twilight» for a rap battle…»

«Quit playing with my patience…» I murmured, getting angrier as time went by.

«At least, it is rumored so.»

«I’ll come by wherever you are, just to kick your ! Tell me what’s happening! Because… if it is for the rumor we know for a while now…» I yelled.

«Oh, shut up! Block B’s Zico and Park Kyung are rumored to appear in Twilight for a rap battle with me and you on Friday… So… yeah. It’s the thing we knew, but feared to discuss.»

 

I gasped and choked.

 

«Are you sure??» I yelled again.

«Rumor, you idiot, means that something isn’t sure. So, NO!» he finally yelled back (I expected this earlier).

«This is serious though… Imagine how huge the cash is gonna be from the betting… We’re both two popular and dynamic duets… If we win this… We will have money for quite a long time.»

«I know. That’s why we should be ready in any case. If it is true, we have to prove ourselves good enough…»

«Tell me something I don’t know…» I rolled my eyes, but as soon as I realised he was about to start cursing again, I hurried to hang up. «OK, I’ll talk to you later!» I yelled and pressed the red button.

 

I jumped off my bed in a matter of seconds.

 

Block B’s Zico and Park Kyung. These guys are legends of the underground stage…

Even though we are «opponents», we never had the chance to battle… And of course we have never touched «their» areas… Neither did they ever though also. We… We somehow respect each other I think. Whatever «respect» may mean.

 

This battle is gonna be the battle of the year… If it happens.

I have to get ready… Seriously ready.

 

I stretched back, my spine making pleasant «crack» noises, from my neck to my waist.

My stomach growled loudly; no joke, I haven’t eaten anything since the moment I woke up.

I have to eat, drink some coffee and become creative. Get ready for the battle.

Ahh, this is important. Gives me some motive.

 

I headed downstairs quickly and made my way to the kitchen.

 

A nice sandwich will be ideal.

I opened the fridge to find exactly what I was looking for.

 

I started making the sandwich with hasty movements. I’m hungry and creative and I have to do something quickly for these!

My mobile beeped.

Message from Nana.

 

«I’m bored here… Wish we were together in your room…»

 

I coughed a little and then fixed my hair.

This boost of confidence was the finishing touch on my current creative mood.

«Come to daddy» I typed, smirking and sent the message, focusing my attention now to my thick sandwich.

 

«Eat well, Ilhoon!» I punched the air slightly and ate a big bite of my food.

 

Ahh, really… I needed this. =0=

 

For some reason, Cheonsa popped in my mind all of a sudden.

I thought of her sweet caresses and shuddered. They are only a dream, but they drive me really crazy.

If only she was real… I’d spent nights and nights with her. An innocent girl every now and then would be interesting.

 

I felt a weird annoyance in my chest. Is it because of what I thought right now?

What…?

I meant no harm for that innocent girls thing.

Well… I might have meant… (I grinned to myself) but it doesn’t matter anyways.

 

I ate the last bite of my sandwich and rubbed my stomach with satisfaction.

That was ideal. Now, a coffee will complete my creative nirvana.

I got up again from my chair and opened the cupboard to find the coffee and the sugar. I was about to start mixing, when a unpleasantly familiar voice interrupted me.

 

«Apart from being a tramp, all day in the streets, you now also became a thief, huh? You have no shame, disrespectful child!»

 

I froze at my position and left the coffee can on the counter, hitting it with all my strength on it and slowly turned to look at this… this woman.

 

«Am I a thief because I ate something that is in my house??» I yelled.

«You don’t live in this house, Jung Ilhoon. You only come here to sleep. If you live in a house you contribute to its expenses also. But you never do. You haven’t bought any of these things that you just and are about to consume. And that makes you a thief.» her eyes hardened and she smiled in a way that one day may lead me to kill her.

«Using stuff from my house doesn’t make me a thief.» I said, feeling my rage boiling inside me like hell.

«It does, punk.» she answered slowly enough to make me lose control.

«Shut- UP!» I yelled and was about to move my hand towards her, but another, invisible hand held me back.

 

I bowed my head, feeling it turning dangerously dizzy and literally started running towards my room. The steps that I heard behind me, made me run faster until I reached my room and got in, closing the door behind me and sliding on the floor.

 

My stomach stiffened weirdly.

I heard her steps outside my door.

Then, a locking sound.

She locked me in.

DAMN HER, she did it!

I got up and tried to open the door, but it was indeed locked.

 

«What did you do again??» I shouted my lungs out.

«This is your punishment for taking things that aren’t yours! Stay there to think of this issue until I’m back!» she yelled back and then silence followed.

«Let me out!!!» I punched the door with all my strength, causing nothing more than my fists starting bleeding.

My stomach keeps on twisting weirdly.

 

That’s it.

I’m locked in here.

I’m locked until she’s back.

I’m out of control right now.

 

I looked around me in despair.

I feel exactly like captured animals do.

I tried to get up, every part of my body shaking from my nerves.

I kicked my chair and pushed everything that was on my desk on the floor.

 

I have to get out of here.

NOW.

 

 

Reader’s POV

 

 

Ilhoon tried in vain to let out his anger and think of something clearly.

He was just too vulnerable at that moment to do so. He was extremely angry and extremely offended to be called a thief in his own house.

 

And however bad- and careless he was claiming to be, his pride and dignity had been badly injured.

He sat for a moment on his bed, breathing heavily and brushed his hair roughly with his shaking fingers.

«I really have to get out of here…» his mind raced and he tapped his hand on the mattress nervously.

He looked at the door again and wiped the blood from his left fist with his other palm. He couldn’t just break through the locker, because afterwards he would have to replace it. And there was no money for this.

He cursed his lack of money loudly, but his bleeding spots felt sore and he cut his words in the middle, blowing intensely his aching wounds.

In his despair to come out, he looked at the window and his eyes sparkled with a slight hope.

He hadn’t done this for a long time now though. He needed to escape from the house secretely every now and then, when he wasn’t an adult yet, so he was using the window and the branches of the tree that was right next to the house. Yes, that could work.

He got up abruptly and rushed to the window. He was quite determined, but once he looked out of it, he felt his heart shaking with a slight fear.

It’d been a long time since he last did this and he was now unsure of his skills for a safe landing. He was on the second floor after all.

For a moment, he looked back at the locked door, stained a little from the punch he gave it.

He tightened his fists and firmly closed his eyes, biting his bottom lip, in a hopeless effort to calm himself down, both from his anger and his fear.

Once again close to the window, he opened it and put his head out. He extended a hand and grabbed the thickest branch he could reach, pulling it up and pushing it down, testing it as much as it was possible.

One last look  in the room, a deep inhale and- grabbing the branch with both hands- he slid out of the window and let his body hang in the air clumsily.

«Wrong move already…» he felt his breath heavier and –with great difficulty- he started moving towards the trunk and to the shorter, safer branches.

His hands were feeling sore inside- out and his shoulders already weak, but he managed to reach the trunk and started climbing down.

He sighed loudly with relief, as the height that separated him from the ground decreased with each step. He looked down and- after gulping once- he estimated that he had to use two more branches to ensure a safe landing. First one passed successfully. However, the second branch-step he stepped on, made a sudden «crack» sound and- as he wasn’t holding something properly with his hands- he just dropped on the ground, landing on his feet heavily. His right ankle twisted painfully and- looking at his palms- he noticed them having been scratched also, as he had accidentally slid down the trunk, because of the broken branch.

He sat on the grass, with his forehead sweated, his hands shaking and his whole body in pain and tried to calm down.

«At least you made it out, bro…» he whispered to himself and rest his head backwards, on the trunk.

After 2 minutes of doing nothing, he got up and washed his bloody hands at the garden tap. The stinging feeling of his wounds and his throbbing ankle made him curse angrily again. He desperately needed a coffee at least. Or a cigarette. Something anyways.

 

He headed for their haunt, limping slightly, as his ankle had started to cool off and the pain was becoming more intense.

A lady looked at him weirdly two blocks later, but he ignored her and kept on walking in his sore way. Same did two cops on the next corner, whom Ilhoon avoided to look at, in any way.

He stood to take a breath and regain his strength for a while, leaning against a wall. He looked at his reflection in the biplane shop window and he thought that it isn’t to wonder why these people were looking at him like this; he looked like he had just come out of a fight.

«Son, are you alright?» he heard a male voice close to his head and he turned abruptly, being in a constant on- guard state because of his weakness.

«Y-Yes… Leave me alone.» he said to the old man that had approached him.

«Yah, speak better, young man…» one of the cops approached their conversation. «Haven’t you been taught to be kind to the elderly?»

«No… I’m sorry.» the boy bowed his head and moved on, trying to avoid any further contact with the policeman.

 

He felt relieved, realising that he was finally approaching the neighborhood of their haunt.

On the next block, he noticed a new coffee kiosk, that was currently quite busy.

It had started getting cold and he naturally bent his shoulders inwards, his weakness making him even more vulnerable to the sudden cool breeze.

The warm vibes coming from the coffee machines at the kiosk felt like they were inviting him for a comforting, warm hug and he hurried to approach the counter. He squeezed himself on the right side of the queue in front of the kiosk and closed his eyes, enjoying the heat.

«Excuse me… Sir.» a girl with two coffee cups in her hand tried to pass next to him a little clumsily and he looked at her lazily, still, moving aside.

A cup of coffee appeared almost in front of his eyes, as if someone served it just for him.

The smell tickled his nose and the hotness was like shouting to him.

The employees were too busy to notice him.

The customers were minding their own business.

It was so easy.

 

«I’m not a thief though…» he scratched his head, with his previously extended hand. «I’ll wait here for a while… If no one appears to get this coffee, it’ll probably be a wrong order… So, they will dispose it. It’ll be a shame…» he bit his nail nervously and decided to indeed wait.

1…2…3…4…5 minutes.

He was looking at his mobile to check the time too often and for a moment it seemed like the clock had stopped.

10 minutes later, he looked at the coffee again. No more steam was coming out, but it seemed to be still warm.

That’s it, he thought, no one is taking it.

He extended his hands and slowly pulled the cup towards him, as discreetly as possible. His forehead had sweated and with the corner of his eyes he was looking on the left and on the right constantly. But the employees were busy, because the line in front of them was still long.

The cup finally in his hands, he felt relieved and turned to leave with the quickest steps possible.

 

«Yah! Thief! Thief!!» he heard a voice from behind him.

He slightly turned his head and looked at a middle- aged woman pointing at him. He rolled his eyes with a mixed annoyance and nervousness; she wasn’t a customer, neither an employee. It wasn’t her business to stare at him all this time.

Now, the employees and aaall the customers had turned and were staring at him.

«Yes… You didn’t pay for this!» an employee now pointed at him also.

He opened his mouth to reply, but his throat felt completely dry. He noticed the two cops from previously approaching with curiosity because of the whole scene.

He felt his feet melting and his heart going numb.

 

«Run Ilhoon, run!» a voice echoed in his head and gathering all his strength, he started running to the opposite direction of their haunt, pulling his hood on also. He couldn’t lead anyone to their place.

«Hey, stop!» the cops yelled and hurried to follow him.

But Ilhoon was determined to escape and even though terrible pain was making him limping, he kept on running.

He tripped multiple times, pushed some people from his way, jumped over some hedges, almost got run over by a car, but finally a narrow street, panting hardly, almost painfully.

He looked at his shaking hands and realised that the covered coffee cup was still in his right hand. He hadn’t let it go all this time. After checking the street behind him and finding it empty, he let out a relieved sigh and smiled to himself, resting his back on the wall behind him.

 He waited for about 15 minutes there and then returned to the main street to finally reach the haunt.

The pavements were too crowded already, so he pulled his hood down and tried to walk normally to hide his limping. He removed the cover from the cup and smelled the coffee.

A guilty feeling bothered him… But he tried to forget it.

 

«Yah, be careful!» a girly voice was heard and he bumped on someone violently, causing the coffee cup to land on the ground.

He gasped and let out an exclamation of despair.

 

«No!» he remained looking at the spilled coffee with shocked eyes.

«Oh… Sir… I’m so sorry.» another girly voice was heard.

He slightly lifted his eyes, but his vision had become almost blur from his anger. One of the girls seemed uninterested, the other- that had bumped on him- seemed upset. She put some coins in his hand and bowed.

«I hope these are enough to get another one. I’m terribly sorry for my clumsiness.» she didn’t dare to look at him again and- pulling her friend- they walked quickly away.

 

Ilhoon felt his head veins about to explode.

The coins dropped on the ground also.

His whole body was in pain. He was almost about to break down and this girl thought that a few coins would fix anything?!

«Yaaaaah!» he cried out, rubbing his face almost painfully.

 

 

 

Nia’s POV

 

We almost ran with Jieun until we were already far enough from this guy.

«You are stupid, aren’t you, huh..?» I looked at her and pushed her. «See what happens when you fool around and do this stupid pushing thing you always do? SEE?» I finally yelled and she just sighed.

«Ah, come one, Niaaa… Such things happen. It was an accident… And after all, you gave him the money. He shouldn’t have any problem!» Jieun played with her fingers and then headed for a shop’s window, already calm with her conscience.

«Yah! It’s not as simple as that!» I yelled again, but she ignored me.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. She’s something, isn’t she?

I shouldn’t have come for shopping with her anyways!

But it was for her birthday… I mean, we came to buy something to wear for Saturday… That we are going at the club. Yeah, she convinced me.

And she managed to make me lie to my dad and to Yookwon. I told them that we are going at Jieun’s place to celebrate and that I’ll sleep there. Jieun’s parents will be out of the house; her dad is working for the army, crazy timetables, while her mom is currently taking care of her grandma in Paju.

So, yeah, the whole plan was so well set… I hate lying tho.

I massaged my temples and sighed again.

I feel bad for lying, I feel bad for the accident previously…

Was that guy a beggar?

He seemed so shocked that I spilled that coffee. And the money didn’t seem to make him any happier…

His clothes were ripped and dirty… And he seemed so tired and dreadful. I noticed his hands being full of wounds… And I think that he was limping also…

I can’t even recall his face, but these details were shocking enough to be ignored… Oh God, I hope he is OK… =_=

 

 

Reader’s POV

 

 

«Are you ready, Nia?» Jieun knocked her bedroom’s door.

«I can’t believe you made me buy this thing!» Nia’s voice was heard, upset and whiny, from the other side of the door.

«Ah, jeez, girl, it looked great on you! Come on, I won’t wait here forever!» she turned at a mirror and pulled her red dress a little down, assuring that the length was just as short as walking outside would allow. «Done?»

«No!»

«OK, I’m coming in!» Jieun moved her shoulders and opened the door abruptly. «Wow!» she gasped and approached Nia, who seemed to be in despair in her formal outfit. «You look so hot!! It’s short enough and black is the hottest choice ever for you!»

«Whatever you mentioned is exactly what I don’t like!» Nia blushed, pulling her dress downwards with nervous movements, then covering her neckline with her free arm.

«Oh, ssh! You look perfect. The dress is also lacey, something that totally fits your personality, since- deep inside- you are a grandma.» Jieun burst into laughs.

Nia stopped her movements and rolled her eyes.

«Ha- ha. Hilarious. Do know that I’m only wearing this for your sake, jeez. So, stop acting like you don’t know me well enough.»

Jieun had started already applying make-up on her face and didn’t even look at Nia’s angry expression.

«OK, OK, don’t worry too much. Just finish with hair and make-up quickly, because Sungjae might be anytime soon here!»

«What make-up? I never wear make-up, this time isn’t an exception…» Nia looked away and started curling her hair with the hair iron.

«No, no need to worry. I’ll do your make- up.» she grinned to her reflection.

«Aish, Jieun…» Nia huffed and crossed her arms on her chest.

«No complaints! Now, finish your hair and come here.» she clapped with excitement, finishing her smoky eyes.

 

Half an hour later, both of them got downstairs. Jieun was over- excited, while Nia was obviously awkward. She didn’t like the red lipstick and the intense black eyeliner. The short dress, the slightly high- heel shoes. But she had stopped protesting, realising that it was all in vain.

 

«We are soooo ready!» Jieun jumped a little around and then checked for a final time herself in the mirror.

Nia hurried to drink some water.

«Don’t ruin your liptsick!» her best friend yelled and she hardly held back from ripping her lips, just because she was already mad with her friend’s bossiness.

 

The bell rang repeatedly and Jieun gasped with excitement.

 

«Cooomin’!» she ran to the door and opened up with excitement.

«Hellooo ladies…» Sungjae appeared on the doorstep with a supposed-to-be seductive smirk, but as soon as he faced Jieun his jaw dropped.

«Hi, cute frieeend!» Jieun giggled and Sungjae hugged her.

«Wow, you look so beautiful tonight! Happy birthday princess!!» he exclaimed, his cheeks red from one side to the other.

«Thank you my dear…» Jieun pinched his cheeks.

Nia appeared behind her friend and Sungjae’s eyes widened once again.

He dropped on his knees.

«Omo, omo… How will I be able to handle so much beauty tonight??» he yelled, grabbing his hair dramatically.

Jieun started laughing, while Nia kicked Sungjae.

«Ah, jeez, knock it off! Let’s go!» she rolled her eyes, pulling Jieun from her wrist and Sungjae from his already loose tie.

 

It’s now or never after all, she thought, feeling more and more uncomfortable.

 

They soon left the familiar to her streets and entered a district that she had never been in again. Various bars and clubs were there, loud music and intense smoke smell coming from everywhere.

 

 

Nia’s POV

 

 

I felt the looks of two guys on my legs; Omg, how uncomfortable is that… :(

 

«Sungjae… Are we close to the place..? I feel really uncomfortable out here…» I held my forehead and the boy looked at me with concern.

«Yes, don’t worry, Nia. But if you don’t feel well, I can give you my jacket to tie it around your waist…» Sungjae smiled and offered his jacket immediately.

«Ah, nah, she’ll be OK. She just isn’t used to such clothing…» Jieun smiled to a guy that had previously winked at her.

«While you are so- so used…» I rolled my eyes and grabbed Sungjae’s jacket.

 

«Don’t , Jieun… She seems so out of her usual territory…» Sungjae murmured and passed his arm around my shoulders.

 

I felt kind of safe with this holding and I dared to hug him, so I can hide myself more from anyone’s eyes.

He slightly squeezed me and caressed my hair.

Ah, that’s it. I feel a hundred times better.

 

«You, get a room!» a voice was heard, making me blush.

Sungjae though laughed.

«Ah, cut the joking off, Changsub hyung. These are my best female friends from school!» we approached a guy with squishy eyes and a funny expression, who was standing next to the door of one of the darkest- looking clubs.

He totally checked us out and then- placing his hands in his pockets- he smirked.

«Wassup?»

«Cool!» Jieun beamed.

I just returned the intense look and I felt like I won this staring battle.

«Girls, this is my buddy hyung, Changsub. Hyung, this is Nia and this is Jieun; it’s her birthday today.» Sungjae made the introductions.

«OK… Go inside now, the others will be waiting for you.» the other boy simply nodded and showed us the door.

 

Oh… so kind =0=

 

We went down a narrow staircase and Sungjae pushed a heavy black door; to my eyes, it was like he opened the door of hell.

Deafening music overtook my ears and the smell of bad alcohol and smoke killed my nose. A huge bunch of people were dancing, others were just discussing, leaning on each other’s shoulder, because the music was too loud to follow the conversation.

I felt my feet almost becoming one with the floor.

 

«Bring us your fellow gangsters!» Jieun nudged Sungjae and he nodded happily, pulling her from her arm.

 

Everyone seems to be at their natural habitat.

Still, I feel like I can’t breathe in here.

And my feet can’t move one.

Why do I feel so scared?

 

I looked around me. Two girls are in a guy’s hug, almost right next to me. He kissed the one’s cheek and the other’s lips.

 

I gulped. Where did I agree on coming?

 

«Hey, do you want a drink?» a short guy smirked at me and came pretty close to my face; his breath smells like whiskey or something like that.

«N-no… Thank you…» I mumbled, feeling the back of my neck already sweating.

«C’mon, it’s nice..» he made a step foreword and I finally managed to move my feet backwards, away from this guy’s face.

 

I was about to freak out, as the guy kept on approaching me, but suddenly a hand popped behind my back and pushed the guy instead of me.

 

«Yah, what do you think you are doing?» a heavy voice was heard and I turned to look at my savior.

A tall young man with light brown hair and dark eyes, dressed similarly to Sungjae, had remained with his arm extended and was looking at the scary guy with a really creepy look.

«Ah… I didn’t know the girl was with you, Minhyuk-sshi… I’m out… See you later!» the coward left running.

Minhyuk…?

I looked at him again.

Yes… That’s the Minhyuk that Jieun has gone crazy with.

Did she greet him already?

«What a chicken…» I murmured and at the same time gasped.

He smirked, too. But not in the way that the other guy had.

«You seemed too scared to make such a comment now.» he looked at something behind me, his smirk still on his face.

«It was just a simple observation.» I looked straight back at him, trying to regain my calmness.

At least this one seems normal…

 

He seemed to ignore my words and placed a hand on my waist.

 

What did I say? Normal?!

 

I tensed and made a step back.

 

«Jeez, relax girl. You must be Nia… Sungjae and your other friend were looking for you.»

«Ah… So, you met them?» I tacked my hair behind my ear.

«Yes, I can show you were they are…» he moved his shoulders, remaining with this mysterious expression on his face, his hand still on my waist.

«Can you take your hand please?» I said as bitterly as I could.

He stopped walking and looked at me right in the eye.

Omg, what did I say?

«Can you just stop commenting on everything and follow my way, because that’s how we act here?» he said through gritted teeth and I gulped.

«B-but why… this?» I pointed at his hand.

He seemed to get angry and brought his face almost a breath away from mine. I felt my eyes tearing.

Why did I come here, huh?

 

«Because in this way, everyone thinks that you are my chick for tonight and no one will dare not only to touch you, but even look at you. GET IT?» he pushed my forehead back with his finger and I breathed with difficulty.

I didn’t talk and just left him pull me wherever he was going.

I closed my eyes and just followed his steps… This is a nightmare. I wish… I wish someone else was here too… Yookwon. Or Zico. Or anyone from Block B. I’d feel no fear next to them.

 

«Why are you shaking?» Minhyuk asked.

«I’m.. cold.» I moved my shoulders, opening my eyes.

«But… you are wearing Sungjae’s jacket…» he seemed puzzled for a second and his frozen  expression became kind of cute.

A smile appeared in my lips naturally.

«Yeah… True.»

«You don’t talk much, don’t you.» he kept on walking finally.

«What? Do you?» I left my head to drop backwards.

He looked at me again.

«What are you?» he huffed with a slight annoyance.

«A brush of annoyance that will ruin your night, most probably.» I sighed and looked away.

 

«Ah, here you are! I was looking for you!» Jieun jumped from the sofa she was sitting with Sungjae and another boy and grabbed my wrist.

«Sorry, I was left behind.» I smiled and hurried to sit next to Sungjae.

I realised Minhyuk coming to sit on the other side. Well, he seemed like it, but he didn’t hate me obviously.

«I was afraid that someone may have been hitting on you and you’d be alone and scared…» Sungjae hugged me and I patted his back.

«Ew, what a cheesy punk… Get out of my sight…» Minhyuk made a grimace and looked away immediately.

«I am OK. Minhyuk-sshi took care of me…» I said on purpose, feeling Minhyuk tensing next to me.

«Wow, thank you hyung!» Sungjae got excited.

«What do you mean exactly?» Jieun half- closed her eyes.

«Oh, shut up. I didn’t ever take care of anyone.» Minhyuk got up, huffing with great nerve and left.

«Oh, someone is a little quick- tempered…» I put my tongue out.

«That’s how Minhyuk hyung is… But he isn’t bad… Even though he wants to seem like it.» Sungjae smiled. The boy next to him got up also and offered his seat to Jieun.

«Oh, what a kind gentleman.» Jieun beamed and sat.

«This is Hyunsik hyung. Hyung, that’s my friend, Nia.»

I waved and the boy smiled, his eyes becoming two dark, happy lines.

«Hi there… Thank you for coming tonight!» he grinned and I felt a weird calmness with his smile.

«No problem… Thank you for being so nice.» I smiled back and he… did he blush?

«Ah, I… I…» he was about to say, but Sungjae interrupted him.

«Let’s go closer to the stage! In a while, it’s Ilhoon and Minhyuk hyungs’ performance. We can’t miss them!» he got up and pulled all of us behind him.

 

I feel much better now… With my friends by my side, everything seems less scary in here.

And his fellow gangsters are OK… Is it a thing for me to meet gangsters that are actually hilarious in real life?

 

The two boys pushed some people aside and brought us to the supposed- to- be stage.

 

«Omg, we are going to watch Minhyuk oppa performing, so daebaaak!» Jieun screamed in my ear and I capped .

«Oh, be quiet, I’ll come deaf out of this place… Is this supposed to be the stage or what? It’s just empty, flat floor…» I rolled my eyes.

«This is how underground clubs work, missy.»

Another guy next to Sungjae nodded.

Oh God, he has a funny expression also. It’s like he’s pretending to be the tough type… :P

 

«That’s our leader, Nia! Eunkwang hyung! He’s the best..» my friend grinned again and the leader slapped the back of his neck.

«Don’t act so cheerful for no reason.» he huffed and the maknae laughed.

«Sorry hyungie.»

«Nice to meet you, Eunkwang-sshi.» I smiled and he seemed surprised with my attention.

I guess that this is these guys’ issue… They never get positive attention, right?

«Eum… Yeah, whatever.» he scratched his head awkwardly.

 

I smiled to myself with his reaction. Then, with the corner of my eyes, I checked out Jieun. She was looking at the «stage» with more excitement that I’ve ever seen in her face.

At least this is a reward for all the suffering for tonight…

 

I sighed and Sungjae passed his arm on my shoulders.

«Jieun is so excited, haha.» he smiled. «I’m happy for her.»

Aww, so cute~

«I know… That’s the only thing that keeps me smiling…» I played with my fingers.

«What do you me…» he was about to ask me, but then a loud beat started playing from the speakers and he nudged me with his elbow.

«My favorite hyung is coming out!!» he exclaimed and pointed in front of us.

 

However, my look  was frozen on the other side of the «stage»…

«Oh !» I yelled and covered my face.

«What? What is it?» he gasped.

 «Ah… Nothing… Just… Hide me please…» I murmured, still hiding my face and I tried to pull him in front of me.

 

People are pushing from everywhere… Everyone wants to be able to watch the show from closer. But I just want to go backwards and leave!

 

The opponents of Sungjae’s friends are… Zico and Kyung! What the hell…? What are they doing here…?

They can’t see me… They’ll spit everything to Yookwon and who’s gonna save me afterwards?? I’ll be punished forever and he will never trust me again…

 

«Nia, what are you doing?» he asked me again, but I didn’t bother to answer.

With my hands still on my face, I could only see half of Zico’s figure and Minhyuk.

The crowd is cheering insanely much for a simple performance…

 

They nodded to each other and the beat got louder, as Kyung started spitting his rhymes.

 

«Here, have a drink… It’s just beer, so I suppose you will be OK with it.» the guy named Hyunsik gave me a plastic cup and I grabbed it with a nervous smile.

«Thank you… I needed it.» I said and brought it to my lips, pretending drinking.

I actually needed it to hide my face without my palms blinding me.

«You are very pretty.» he rubbed the back of his neck.

«Thank you, Hyunsik-sshi…» I sighed and breathed deeply.

 

Since I can’t leave now… I have to remain calm.

Minhyuk finished his verse and Zico got the job to «reply» to him.

 

«…I’m growing up, but this is the place I’m going to remain in
Even though the distance to the ground is long. It’s ok. 
I’m only gonna head above the clouds
Huh huh laugh while it’s still funny
In a few years, that faith you didn’t have in me, 
it’s gonna turn into tears and fall to the ground…»

 

The crowd turned wild and the other guy took the microphone in his hands and thought for literally a few seconds.

 

Who could ever imagine what can happen in a few seconds..?

 

Jieun appeared in slow motion behind me, screaming for Zico and Kyung… She pushed me, while at the same time someone pushed Hyunsik, who fell on me also. I lost my balance and fell on the guy in front of me, knocking him out of my way violently and ending up lying in the middle of the «stage»… Everything became blur from my embarrassment but I realised one thing; the beer cup is now empty.

 

The beat is playing without anyone following it. The crowd isn’t that noisy anymore. I tried to get up on my own and looked upwards.

 

Minhyuk is far away, but he seems frozen. I averted my look right in front of me.

The other guy of their team has remained with the microphone in his hands and is looking at me with the scariest look I’ve ever seen in human face.

 

Omo… I did something stupid, right?

 

I looked at his clothes and realised that my beer was spilled all over his clothes. I felt my legs like someone had just cut them with a saw.

I’m so done!

 

«Oh… I’m so sorry…» I managed to say, trying to get up.

It feels like the world went mute. I can’t hear anything that is going on around me…

 

«YOU AGAIN?» the guy almost screamed.

«M-me?» I mumbled.

 

Uh-ho… It can’t be… He’s the beggar with the coffee!!

Well, obviously he is not a beggar, but…

OUCH!

 

He just grabbed my hair close to my head and pulled me upwards.

If I die…. Someone tell Yonghwa that I loved him, please!

 

«You… You little…» he said with a shaking voice and brought my face closer to his, still holding my hair in his hand.

«HEY, stop, Ilhoon-ah!» I finally distinguished Zico’s voice, really close to me.

«Ah… I’m really so sorry…» I managed to whisper and his eyes became so small that I felt my blood freezing.

«Sorry… Sorry?!» he yelled and lifted his other open hand.

 

 

From misschoi: Ching- ching~ >.< Update! Hope you liked! Feel free to comment on anything, your opinion is always welcomed! Thank you for your kind attention so far, I'm sorry I couldn't update as often as I wanted :/ Lyrics from Zico's "Still Fly" were used here. Take care til next time! ^^