Just surviving

Phoenix~

Ilhoon’s POV

 

 

I got in the house from the kitchen’s back door and hurried upstairs to get my black mask. We’re going to spray our gang’s name out of some idiots’ place. Not now, tonight. But I ain’t gonna come back home again for today, that’s why I passed now.

 I got in my room and immediately the smell of smoke and human presence came intensely to my nose. I frowned and slowly opened the window. Last night I smoked a lot, while preparing my new rhymes and I forgot to open the window this morning.

 

 Ah, some fresh air~

 

I looked at out of it and thought for a while.

 

The girl, Cheonsa, came last night. She was acting very shy.

So… so cute.

 

No… I might be going crazy. Sometimes, I’m just so sure that I’m going crazy.

 

I sighed and opened a drawer. I have left only the innocent stuff in here. My aunt might have a curious mood all of a sudden and -without any warning- she might start searching in my room for who knows what. And there are some things that I don’t want to be found by her.

 

After a minute of searching into this mess, I pulled out my black mask and hid it into my pocket. I fixed my black leather pants and coughed a little. It’s too silent in here. And my aunt isn’t supposed to work today.

That’s why I wouldn’t pass by here today at all. But I needed my mask.

 

 If she isn’t here, I’d better hurry to leave before she comes back.

 

And with that thought, I literally started running downstairs.

 

«Ilhoonie!»

 

! my bad luck!!

 

«Ilhoonie», …

 

I made my steps slower and looked at the direction of the voice. My aunt is seated at the living room, along with a familiar man. He’s a co- worker of hers.

Mr. Cho.

 

«What do you want?» I asked, placing my hands in my pockets.

«Why are you talking to me like that? Where were you…? I didn’t see you since last night and I got worried…» she got up and was about to approach me, but I made a step back.

I started laughing.

 

«Oh, you got worried? Really? I don’t care!» I yelled.

«Ilhoon, child, how dare you talk to your aunt like that?» Mr Cho interrupted.

«We both know that I’m talking to her exactly as she deserves! And besides… It’s none of your business.» I put my hands in my pockets again, taking my cool look.

«Ilhoon!» he raised his tone.

 

 My aunt moved her hands, acting tired.

 

«Leave him alone, Seulong… He’s young and he doesn’t understand what does it mean to care for someone.»

 

I huffed, feeling my nerves so tensed that I could barely handle them.

 

«You are trying to drive me crazy… But you won’t manage it. You won’t manage it, because I’m stronger than you think!» I pointed at her, my voice getting husky because of the high volume of my yelling.

 

And with that, I got out of the house as quickly as possible.

--

 

 

I got in our place, my nerves not completely calm yet.

Eunkwang looked at me and threw the remaining of his cigarette away.

 

«What happened? You don’t look well.»

«I am not, but I don’t want to talk about it.» I sighed and threw my mask on the pile of the others’ stuff.

«At least you got what we needed…» he smirked and I nodded.

 

Changsub and Minhyuk appeared from the back room, literally dragging a sleepy Sungjae behind them. He was trying in vein to free himself, until they reached Eunkwang and me and threw him in front of us.

 

«What’s going on here?» our leader raised an eyebrow.

«We found this bastard sleeping in the back room…» Minhyuk said with a rough voice.

«Weren’t you supposed to be in school?» Eunkwang asked Sungjae.

«Y- Yeah, but… I didn’t want to go today.»

«And why is that?»

«You don’t go, too and I… I…» the maknae stopped his words, as soon as he noticed our angry looks.

«We have talked about that issue, maknae. You ain’t going to skip classes.» I said firmly.

«But why you have stopped school? It isn’t fair!» he whined and tried to get up, but Minhyuk pushed him again.

«Don’t disobey your hyungs!» he yelled.

 

All of us haven’t finished school. We just stopped attending it. My fellow gangsters’ parents don’t know it, but my aunt does know it and it’s one of the reasons that she has been lecturing me about how useless my existence is.

 We are making mistakes.

The maknae is the maknae though.

We can make a better path for him.

Maybe he has the potential to become a better person.

 

That’s why we have all agreed that we will be always pushing him to go every day to school. And to punish him when he doesn’t listen to us…

 

In the end of the previous school year, he told us that he couldn’t keep going to the school that his parents were sending him. It was a school full of rich brats. And Sungjae never managed to fit in there.

 So, we found this school around the neighborhood and this year he’s attending this one. It was difficult to fix the issue, but frauds are our thing.

 

«I’m sorry…»he murmured and bowed his head.

«C’mon, let’s finish this here. It’s over.» Changsub helped him to get up and dust his pants.

«Rethinking of it, I won’t skip class again…» Sungjae smiled to himself.

«And why is that?» Minhyuk raised an eyebrow, lighting his cigarette and sitting next to Eunkwang.

«This school is fun. Tomorrow I have practice with the basketball team, because they finally accepted me! The teachers are nice and… and the kids are nice. The guys from the team are really cool and the girls…» he was saying, but stopped and blushed.

 

So innocent.

 

We all started whistling and I smirked, looking at him.

 

«The girls what?» I asked, about to laugh.

«I don’t mean girls in general… There are a couple of girls that I’m hanging out with… They’re very cute.» he blushed even more.

«Aha. That’s interesting.» Eunkwang winked and we all nodded.

 

If it is a chick or more that will keep him going at school, I have no problem.

 

 

 

 

Nia’s POV

 

 

I drank a little of my blueberry juice and swallowed with satisfaction. Then, I returned my look at my book and kept on reading.

 

 It’s our class’ spare hour, so I’ve taken the novel I’m reading with me. My homework for the next hours is done, so is the homework that our teachers asked from us the previous hours today.

What you can do now, don’t leave it for tomorrow, right?

 

I like this novel… It’s a mystery story, with a lot of romance and adventure. Favorite combination!

 

 Jieun would go with a couple of other classmates of ours downstairs, to buy sandwiches for a small brunch.

I had brought mine from house today and I already ate it. So, I’m just hanging out with my book now.

 

 Tomorrow it’s Friday. One week until Jieun’s birthday.

I have to think of a good present for her.

 

I bit my nail and looked out of the window, in front of me. It’s sunny today, but chilly.

 

If my dad doesn’t need me anything tomorrow evening, I will ask her to come by my house, so we are watching a movie or cook something together. I love Friday nights.

 

I sighed and felt my eyes a little heavy.

 

Before I fall asleep, I felt someone’s presence on the same bench as me, so I looked on my left immediately.

 

Yonghwa.

Wait, YONGHWA?

OMG. Where’s Jieun? I need her! Or I’m gonna freak out!

 

 

He looks sweated and tired.

Still so cute and handsome.

 

He must have had to practice with the football team. It’s the second day of the week that the school sports teams are practicing.

 

I have to talk to him. At least, say hi!

 

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. He isn’t looking at me anyways… He has his head bowed and he’s breathing a little heavily.

 

Suddenly, he started coughing intensely and I hardly held in a gasp.

 

«A-are you OK, Yonghwa-sshi??» I mumbled and left my book aside.

 

He lifted his look towards me and forced a tired smile.

«I am, don’t worry. I just have to drink some water.» his voice sounded a little husky.

 

I looked around me with despair and only found my juice in my hands.

 

«Do you want a little from juice? Take it even all, I don’t mind, I’m full already.» I offered the bottle to him with a shaking hand, rubbing my tummy with the other.

 

Ugh, why the hell I’m acting so lamely cute? =_=

 

«No, no… I shouldn’t take it from you…» he was saying, when he started coughing again.

«Please take it, Yonghwa!» I pleaded, forgetting every politeness level.

 He looked at me again and offered his hand.

 

«OK then… Thank you so much.» he said and drank directly from the bottle.

 

Was this an indirect kiss?? :3

 

«Do you want me to go and buy something else for you…?» I played with my fingers.

«No! No need to, really. I’m fine already… Thanks again for your kindness. My sports skills ain’t no good lately.» he laughed, about to get up.

«Yonghwa-sshi… One day… Can you sign a CNBlue photo for me?» I rubbed the back of my neck.

 

He seemed pleasantly surprised and smiled.

Ah, my poor heart!

 

«It’ll be the first thing I will do once I find myself with the rest of the guys, OK? I owe you anyways. I didn’t expect you to be a fan of ours…»

«I am… I am from the very first moment I heard your music…» I felt blushing.

«Ahh, now I feel even better. Thank you, Nia-sshi. Thanks a lot. See ya!» he winked and waved.

 

I waved back and smiled like an idiot. I was standing up and holding the place of my heart.

He’s so cute and kind and charming and… OK, I stop here.

 

I sighed and sat back down lifelessly.

He remembers me… But still… These are too baby steps. =_= But, what am I even talking about? I’ve been waiting for 2 years already and this is the 2nd time he’s talking with me in weeks. That’s more than great… Right?

 

 «Hey, yah!»

I turned my head, finding Jieun moving her hand in front of my face and Sungjae with her, holding the sandwiches and everything. His hair is wet; I guess is the result of his shower after the basketball practice.

«Hiii!» he waved and smiled, trying to hold all of Jieun’s bought stuff in his arms.

 

I smiled and waved back.

 

He’s a cute child… I think I can get used to his presence.

 

«What’s wrong?» Jieun asked, biting the sandwich that she took from Sungjae’s hands.

She’s already made him her servant… I wonder if he… Well, no. Too early to say.

 

He was about to give her the second sandwich, too, but she smiled and pushed it towards him.

«Yonghwa was he…» I was saying, but afterwards I widened my eyes and covered my mouth, remembering that Sungjae is present also.

 

Oh .

 

He was chewing his sandwich also, seeming not to pay attention to us, until I stupidly interrupted my words abruptly.

 

«Ehm…» Jieun scratched her head, realising the same thing as me.

«Oh! I…» Sungjae widened his eyes and swallowed roughly. «I can leave you on your own…» he murmured.

 

I thought for a second and sighed.

I have a good feeling for this guy. He seems weirdly innocent. And if we are going to be friends… I can share this secret with him.

Am I being too nice?

 

«I guess there’s no point in hiding it, since you already heard the «dangerous» name…» I bit my nail.

«There’s no need to explain or say anything more, I swear…» Sungjae said, a little sadly, and got up to leave.

However, I held his wrist and pulled him back to sit down.

«Look, Sungjae-sshi, I think you are a nice person. And I want you to hang out with us. I would like to be friends with you. So, as a first step, I think I can trust you with my deepest secret… I can trust you, right?» I smiled and patted his shoulder.

 

He blushed and smiled.

 

«I will honor your trust with my silence! Your secret is and will be safe with me!» he bowed his head and held my hand gently.

 

I felt good with his holding. I really have a good feeling for this person.

 

«Jung Yonghwa… Ehm, he’s my crush…» I half- closed my eyes, as I whispered. «Don’t laugh please!»

 

Sungjae raised an eyebrow.

 

«Why should I laugh? I don’t find the fact you like someone funny.» he moved his shoulders and kept on chewing.

I breathed out with relief.

 

«Ah, see? Sungjae is a good kid, we’re gonna be good friends! Next time, I’ll share my secret!» Jieun clapped her hands with excitement and I rolled my eyes.

«Cool, secret sharing!» Sungjae winked at me and put his tongue out.

«Aigoo…» I massaged my temples.

«I don’t know this guy… You will have to show him to me. So, I can push him with you in every chance given!» Sungjae giggled and I nodded, blushing again.

 It’s the first time I’m talking with someone else about this… And- jeez- what a choice! A boy! >.<

 

«Anyways! Tell us what happened!!!» Jieun pushed me and I started my short narration.

 

 

 

Reader’s POV

 

 

The flashing lights were blinding Ilhoon, every time they were meeting his eyes. It was the contrast with the darkness of the rest of the club that was causing this to his vision.

 

 Besides, he had a really tiring day. But entertaining, too.

 

Black Wolves’ place couldn’t be recognised after BtoB passed from there, a while later after the sun had set. Red and black paint had ruined all of their graffiti art on their walls.

 

The boys were quite satisfied with their work.

 

That’s why now they felt quite relaxed in «their» club, «Twilight». Sungjae with Hyunsik just finished their dance battle with an impressive double back-flip, gaining the applause of most of the people that were in the club.

 

 Eunkwang smirked with satisfaction, already counting the money they had almost definitely won from the bets on this battle. Minhyuk jumped next to him, with the same satisfied expression.

 

«We’re doing well this week…» Minhyuk smiled to himself, bringing the money close to his face, almost smelling it.

«Hell yeah… I can already dream of the new sprays we can go and buy…» Eunkwang patted his fellow on the back and smirked, too.

«Shall I keep it in my pocket?»

«Yeap, under the condition that you won’t lose it.»

«Ah, yeah… Ehm, maybe I should give it to Ilhoon. He has no performance tonight…» Minhyuk looked around him.

 

 

He made a whole turn around himself and finally spotted Ilhoon buried in a fluffy sofa, his eyes closed, Nana right next to him, kissing his ear teasingly.

Minhyuk rolled his eyes and hurried to his fellow gangster.

 

Once in front of him, he patted Ilhoon’s shoulder intensely.

 


«Yah… Come here for a sec…» he pulled him and Ilhoon followed him unwillingly.

«What’s wrong?»

«Nothing. I just didn’t want Nana to see that I’m giving you this money to hold it until we leave…»

 

Ilhoon stiffened.

 

«Why?»

«Because I don’t trust her.» Minhyuk looked right back at him.

«Oh, shut up! She’s my girlfriend, OK?» Ilhoon’s voice sounded angry already.

«Oh yeah right. That doesn’t change that I trust no one, get it? No shut your mouth! You are in love and can’t see farther than your nose.» Minhyuk pushed him and turned to leave, but Ilhoon grabbed him intensely.

«I’m not in love, OK? And don’t say such again, YOU get it? I’m just having fun with her, nothing more, nothing less…» he pushed Minhyuk back.

 

They were about to fight again, when a familiar figure  entered the place and gained immediately the attention of both of them.

It was Chinho, one of the members of the Black Wolves.

He seemed literally out of control.

 

Minhyuk his lips and Ilhoon decided to avert his anger to Chinho. It would be much more effective and useful anyways.

 

Chinho spotted the two boys and rushed towards them like crazy.

 

«You bastards! You ruined our place, huh? Did you think we wouldn’t find out?» he yelled and grabbed Minhyuk from the collar of his Tshirt.

«No… Actually. We didn’t think that you will be stupid enough to come here all alone.» Ilhoon smirked and lifted his tightened fist, aiming for Chinho’s cheek.

 

 

 

Nia’s POV

 

 

Jieun isn’t available for today… UGH~

Friday nights with her are always the best.

 

I’ll just stay in and listen to some CNBlue music… ^^

Dad might come early also today.

 

Yookwon got in my room without knocking (as usually, God… =_=) and approached me with a quite relaxed look.

 

«How’s my baby sister?» he smiled and sat next to me, on my bed.

I rolled my eyes.

 

«Firstly, your sister isn’t a baby anymore and- second- that’s why you have to knock before entering the room.» I grinned sarcasticly back.

Yookwon frowned with disappointment that I destroyed his fluffy mood.

«You are a mean sister…» he pouted and folded his arms on his chest.

«And you are also so whiny!» I patted his back and he looked at me, pouting.

 

Yes, this guy calls himself a gangster.

 

«Oh, OK, come here…» I opened my hug and my oppa buried himself in it.

 

Sometimes I feel like I’m the mom in here so much.

 

«I love you girl… Don’t you ever forget that.» he whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek.

«I love you too. You… you should never forget it either.» I caressed his cheek and he hugged me again.

 

A silence followed and then my brother coughed.

 

«Well, I know you have nothing to do for this evening… I know it isn’t the best of your options, but we’re going with Block B at the park, at the skaters’ part to hang out, eat something and drink beers. Wanna come with us?» he scratched his head.

 

I bit my nail.

 

This sounds like really boring for me… =_= But, maybe for Yookwon’s sake and for this time only, I should do it…

 

Me and a bunch of idiots…

What am I about to do to myself, God… =_=

 

«OK, why not?» I smiled and got up from the bed, with Yookwon’s help.

«Really?? Ah… cool! Let’s go, the idiots are downstairs.» he seemed happy and pulled me from my wrist gently.

 

It’s good to see him so innocent and happy every now and then.

 

Once in the living room, we found Block B seated on our sofas and just being lazy. 

 

«Get up, punks. We are out of here and my dongsaeng is joining us.» Yookwon said in an intense tone and the boys immediately got up, smiling.

 

«Oh… Our company will be levels prettier now that you are going to be with us!» Taeil winked at me and patted my shoulder.

«You need such comments, I don’t.» Jaehyo rolled his eyes, obviously meaning that he’s pretty enough by himself.

 

I couldn’t but laugh, as we were stepping out of our house.

 

Zico slapped Jaehyo’s arm hardly.

 

«You know nothing about complimenting women. Jerk!» he barked and Jaehyo rubbed his hurt spot.

«Oh, don’t scold him. He’s adorable when he is being so confident or so insecure…» I grinned and it was Zico’s turn to burst into laughs and Jaehyo’s to frown.

«We need smart people’s presence here more often…» Zico looked at me, still laughing, and winked.

 

I wonder why whatever he does feels differently than when anyone else is doing exactly the same thing.

Or at least it seems so to me…

 

 

 

Reader’s POV

 

 

 

Jieun was over- excited as usually, but this time she had a reason more to act like that.

 

Even though it was a Monday morning she was acting as if it was a Saturday night. Dragging Nia behind her, all the way to the school. And now, they were waiting for Sungjae at the school’s entrance.

 

It was his turn to reveal a secret, in this «bonding» session among the 3 of them.

Nia was first with her expected secret.

Jieun had revealed her greatest fear: clowns and thrillers (which she considered pretty embarrassing).

And now Sungjae.

 

«When is he going to come? I ‘m curious!» she whined.

«Just be patient.» Nia yawned and rubbed her eyes.

 

She was sleepy and grumpy for Monday morning, but still had the pleasant taste of her Friday evening out with Block B. It was 100 times better than she actually expected it. And mainly she laughed a lot and felt closer to her brother, after a long time.

 

She was thinking of doing it again soon, with the first chance given. But hadn’t shared it with Jieun yet, because she’d act crazy immediately…

 

«Oh, here he is!» Jieun pointed with one hand and pushed Nia with the other.

«OK, easy!» Nia moved her hands angrily and looked at the smiling Sungjae approaching them.

 

«Good morning!» he waved from afar and his back to talk to a guy that was with him.

He seemed familiar.

 

Nia felt being violently pushed again by Jieun and she literally yelled:

 

«WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU??»

«OMG, NIA! You won’t believe this… THIS GUY! This guy with Sungjae! It’s Minhyuk, that guy I like from the neighborhood!» she totally panicked.

Nia widened her eyes. That’s why he looked familiar then…

 

«Jeez, the world is too small.» she whistled.

 

Sungjae waved a bored good bye to his friend and quickly approached the girls.

 

«Good morning friends!» he smiled.

«Good morning!» they both waved back, but Jieun couldn’t be stopped anymore.

«Who was that guy, Sungjae??» Jieun clapped her hands with excitement.

«Well… Ehm… He’s a part of the secret that I’m revealing today… And I guess there’s no better time. He’s a fellow gangster of mine. We’re in a gang. Named BtoB. Born to Beat.»

«A gang? WOW!» Jieun exclaimed, but Nia immediately felt weird.

 

These people keep on invading in my life… And Sungjae… he seemed a different person. He doesn’t have a gangster personality at all, Nia thought and bit her lip thoughtfully.

 

«Sssh, it’s a secret!» Sungjae smiled.

 

He still deserves a chance, even though a gangster… He seems such a nice boy… Nia concluded her thoughts and sighed.

 

«And what do you do?» Jieun went on.

«Haha… Ehm, I don’t know. I guess, just surviving.» he laughed and rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

«I know, right?» Nia whispered, gaining a surprised look by him. 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi guys~ :3 It's kinda complicated to explain why I am so SO late, but I'm finally back, so I hope this is good enough, along with my promise to try not to be that late again! >.< Thanks for the views and subscriptions~ ^^ Your opinion is always welcomed, along with your ideas! Take care til next time!~ ^^