His dark freedom

Phoenix~

Ilhoon’s POV

 

My mobile started ringing next to my ear.

 

.

 

I groaned and rolled over, slapping it with a bored movement, pressing random buttons.

 

Damn it. Doesn’t shut up.

I slightly lifted my head from my pillow and tried to focus my look on the screen:

 

«Punk No.1 calling…»

 

no, Eunkwang hyung.

 

I managed to press the «ignore» button.

Ah, that’s it. Sweet silence.

 

I fell again on my soft pillow and closed my eyes with a huge satisfaction.

My head feels still so heavy from last night’s drinking and action, that I’ll probably stay here ‘til night. Me and Minhyuk hyung have rap battles then and I have to be present.

 

We have to win this week. We need money.

Previous week we had an… unfortunate meeting with the Street Kings and we couldn’t let them pass that easily. They had been badmouthing us for a long time now. And no one can say anything about to BtoB.

 

We are Born to Beat. To beat the out of such bastards. And that’s what we did to Street Kings. We ain’t going to hear from them for a while.

Hopefully they learnt to keep their mouths shut.

 

Anyways, like this, we didn’t appear last week. And we lost the money from the bets on us. So, tonight… It’s all or nothing. We have to get money.

 

 For various reasons.

 

My eyes closed with this familiar pleasure when you really want to sleep and I didn’t even manage to turn on the other side, that I actually intended.

Ah, how nice. Bed is the better place of the whole world. And only for sleeping.

This time no annoying nightmares appeared.

 

Don’t tell anyone… But I’m scared of my nightmares more than anything. Rarely something can scare me. But my memories and the way they come alive when I fall asleep are something that can lead me to my limits.

 Into the darkness of my closed eyes, a warm light appeared. Pretty familiar, at least for the last month. The girl… This girl.

The girl, with the long light brown hair, plaited in two braids, wearing a jeans playsuit, is usually approaching me slowly. My heart is beating so fast whenever she’s coming in my dreams… But no fear here.

 It’s a feeling that I can’t describe, that is causing me this crazy heartbeat. She’s coming in my dreams and doing the same thing for a month now. I try to look at her face, but a ing shadow is always hiding it. She then extends a hand and gently caresses my cheek. Sometimes one cheek, sometimes both. And is driving me crazy. I want to grab her and kiss her, but- whenever I’m about to touch her- she fades away.

  That’s what happened this time, too. She appeared, approached me, walking shyly and hesitantly, extended her soft hand and caressed my left cheek. Today she’s wearing a pin on her hair; a pin with a butterfly on it.

 

 However, before even making a move to touch her, my sweet, warm dream was violently interrupted.

 

«Jung Ilhoon, wake up now!»

 The image of the girl disappeared abruptly and I felt being pushed intensely. I groaned and turned over on my bed.

«Wake up, useless punk! Can’t you do anything else but sleeping?»

 

 I’m about to defy her and go on with my sleep.

«GET-UP!»

And with that phrase, I felt cold water being poured all over my head.

I gasped and opened my eyes, completely shocked.

 

«YAH!» I yelled and immediately got up from my bed.

 

My aunt is looking at me with a really satisfied look, playing with the large glass, that poured the water on me, in her hands.

 

«Jung Hee Young, get out of my room NOW!!!» I literally screamed and tightened my fists.

«How dare you talk to your aunt like that, punk? These are the manners you have been taught?» she huffed with irony.

«I live with you for 12 ing years. What manners do you expect me to have?» I kept on yelling.

«Shut up, rude man! Because you are a man, Jung Ilhoon, now and you have to do something with your useless life!» she finally yelled back.

«I’m doing something and my life is none if your business. NOW, get OUT of my room!» I pushed her out and closed the door behind her.

I heard her steps going downstairs. She’s leaving satisfied. Once again.

«!» I shouted on purpose and kicked the door. «I HATE YOU!»

I am breathing so heavily that I’m about to explode, my hands are shaking.

«…» I murmured again and brushed my now wet hair with my fingers.

I sighed and sat again on my bed, extending a hand to find my cigarette packet. I managed to grab it and took out the last one.

 

Good. So damn good. I really need money now.

Tonight we’re definitely winning.

 

I lit my cigarette with bored movements and with the first puff I felt calmer.

 Why am I still allowing her to do this to me?

I’m Jung Ilhoon. I’m the nastiest person around. And -still- I allow to this to ruin my life. Idiot me.

 

I blew the smoke out slowly and bit my lip.

Not only did she wake me up only to insult me, but she interrupted the dream I was watching, with Cheonsa in it.

 

«Cheonsa». That’s how I call the girl that is coming in my dreams. Because she’s soothing my soul like an angel.

Today she was wearing that pin… Butterfly pin.

My mom was wearing a butterfly pin to my sister.

 

I… I don’t know. Cheonsa is my weakness. Nobody knows about her anyways. She isn’t even real.

 

I wish she was real, though…

I shouldn’t mention this to Nana. She’s really jealous.

She’s the hottest girl around, anyways. I don’t want to lose her from girlfriend.

 

Ouch~

«!» I cursed my cigarette, that burnt my fingers.

 

Too much thinking. I shouldn’t do that to myself.

 

I got up from my bed, determined to get ready for outside. Got to meet Minhyuk. Not only for tonight, but for a rumor that is around.

 

Our greatest rivals might come to the club that we appear… And that’s huge deal. HUGE.

 

I sighed and put on my pants. I’m out of here.

 

--

 

 

 

«Don’t call me to the sunlight,

I have my own spotlight,

Even hidden in the dark,

At least, it’s somewhere you can’t touch.

Look at me now and…»

 

I spitted with annoyance and Minhyuk looked at me with boredom.

 

«No need to work that much on your rymes. They’re good.» he yawned and stretched his legs on the dusty sofa.

The warehouse we use as a haunt is quite dirty the last week. It’s Sungjae’s turn to deal with this. Even though we don’t care much about such stuff, dust is annoying for our health. That’s why we have shared that boring job, different gangster per week.

  This week is Sungjae’s. Two weeks ago he did mine, too. That’s how it usually happens. I’m bored to do it, so I ask Sungjae to do it, instead of me. He can’t say no. He knows he can’t. He’s the younger after all.

 

«I just had a couple of ideas and wanted to let them out… My rhymes are always good.» I smirked and fixed my sleeveless T-shirt on my shoulders.

Minhyuk rolled his eyes and whistled with dissatisfaction.

 

«You think too highly of yourself, don’t you?» he huffed and let his head backwards on the carton box, that we use instead of cushion.

«My successes prove it… Don’t you think you should work on your rhymes, too, hyung? You’d better not embarrass me tonight.» I my lips and raised an eyebrow, wearing my most provoking look.

 

Minhyuk seemed to immediately tense his body and opened his eyes, which are now full of anger.

 Oops~ :>

 

«What did you just say?» he asked slowly and half- closed his eyes.

«What you heard.» I moved my shoulders.

 

He got up and before I could say anything, he grabbed my shirt tightly in his hands and shook me intensely.

 

«Cut the joking off, you rat. I taught you half of the things you know, so don’t ever dare to sass me.» he almost bumped his head with mine and I heard his voice husky, a definite proof that he’s mad.

«Haven’t you ever heard the word joke? I was joking!» I yelled and pushed him back.

«No right time for jokes!» he yelled back at me and gave me another push, finally leaving my shirt.

I landed on my and got up immediately, dusting  my black pants with nervous movements.

 

«Chill down! What’s wrong with you?» I asked him, trying to hold my berves back.

«Nothing. Nothing different from the usual! My mom was screaming to my dad on the phone again… He isn’t giving the money for the electricity bill. I have to find everything again, Ilhoon, get it? I have to do everything again!» he said through gritted teeth and gave a powerful kick to our litter bin.

 I sighed and my anger deflated quickly.

 

 Even after divorce… His parents can’t cooperate for their children’s sake.

 

«I didn’t have a better morning you know… This filthy came to wake me up in her torturous way again. She enjoys my annoyance, she enjoys my yelling, my curses, my anger! She enjoys all the negative feelings of mine, you get it? She wouldn’t mind if I was dying, she…»

 

Sungjae running like crazy in the room interrupted my anger’s burst and soon Hyunsik followed him. They banged the door to close it and tried to catch their breaths.

 

«WHAT NOW?» Minhyuk turned to them, not able to hold back his nerves.

«We were spraying that idiot’s car with red paint…» Hyunsik said in between of his efforts to breathe normally. «But he found out and started chasing us…»

«What idiot?» I asked angrily.

«That one that had started yelling to us, because we were arguing in front of his house. The guy with the glasses that had cursed Eunkwang hyung, because he replied back to his warnings and stuff?» Sungjae moved his finger.

 I rolled my eyes.

 

«It’s ing midday, you expected no one to see you? Are you stupid? Couldn’t you wait ‘til tonight?» I pushed them both on the door.

«If he followed you up to here, I swear, you are so dead!» Minhyuk pushed them, too and stepped on a wooden box on the floor to look from the small window.

«He didn’t follow us, don’t worry! He lost us when we mixed up with other people in the central square.» the maknae smiled and let himself slowly slide down against the door.

 

«Don’t ever do anything so stupid without asking first, huh?» I helped Sungjae get up and slapped his arm. «Now, go and wash your hands. There is red paint on them.»

 

Sungjae hurried to the sink, while Hyunsik remained looking at me and Minhyuk.

«What’s wrong with you now?» Minhyuk hyung asked him.

«I need money.» Hyunsik said slowly, lowering his eyes.

 

We both huffed and Hyunsik immediately moved his hands.

«I know you don’t have right now, but after tonight, maybe…?»

«We don’t have money now and I don’t think we will have more tonight.»

 I looked at Minhyuk.

«You aren’t putting it in the right way, though.»

«Huh?» hyung frowned.

«We are winning the money. I’m sure about that. The problem is that we both need it.» I explained to Hyunsik.

«Yeah, I have to pay bills, man.» Minyuk nodded.

Hyunsik covered his face wth his palms and rubbed his eyes roughly.

«I really need the money.»

«What happened?»

«Our rent… Mom’s little money and father’s broken arm, which kept him away from job, made this month extremely difficult. I don’t know what to do. Today is the day that I’m supposed to be «paid» byt the restaurant I work for. How am I going to return empty- handed?»

 

I sighed.

 

«.» I only said and kicked the same bin that Minhyuk hyung had kicked previously.

«What can we do now?»

«If you promise to share your cigarettes with me for this week… Then, I can wait for the next week’s win to have my pocket money. Because I ain’t getting from the anything!» I rubbed the back of my head awkwardly.

 

Hyunsik looked at me with innocent eyes and- suddenly- hugged me.

 

«Yah, what are you doing??» I said and tried to push him away from me.

«Thank you, buddy.» Hyunsik murmured and finally let me go.

«Don’t do that again… It was awkward.» I made a grimace and Hyunsik laughed.

«I promise I’ll pay you back, as soon as possible.» he patted my back and I nodded, without saying anything.

 

What?

I’m not that heartless, when it comes to my gang.

 

«I can always steal some money from my parents. They won’t realise it anyways.» Sungjae joined the conversation.

 

 Sungjae’s parents are the definition of rich. Rich in money, but poor in feelings for their child.

 

«No, no need to do this. We solved it out.» Minhyuk patted Sungjae’s head. «We just owe money to Ilhoon, for next week.»

«We? It’s just me!» Hyunsik smirked to Minhyuk.

«We will all help you, dude.»

 

An awkward silence followed, until a knock on the door interrupted it.

 

«Yes?» Sungjae rolled his eyes.

 

The door opened and Nana got in the room, her backpack on her back and in a pair of totally mini shorts.

 

Sungjae’s and Hyunsik’s jaw dropped to the floor and Minhyuk smirked, whistling.

 

«SHUT UP, BASTARDS!» I pushed them all and they started laughing.

«Hi boys…» my girlfriend waved, acting cute and then she looked at me, sending me a kiss. «Hi oppa.»

«Hi baby.» I smirked at her and hurried to hug her and give her a wet kiss.

 

The others whistled all together and I turned abruptly to them, moving my fist threateningly.

 

«Will you shut up?!» I yelled.

«OK, we’re out of here. Do your stuff.» Hyunsik curved his lips, mocking the kiss I exchanged previously with Nana, as they all left the warehouse.

«You’ll find us in the club later… Eunkwang and Changsub are already there.» Minhyuk added, putting his tongue out.

 

«FINE, I get it! Now, get your butts out of here, punks!» I moved my hands and they quickly disappeared.

 

Nana giggled playfully, in her usual way.

 

«Are you a little upset, my baby?» she tied her hands behind around my neck and kissed me right next to my lips.

 

OK, that’s enough to drive me crazy.

 

«No… I just really need to win tonight. Are you coming?» I caressed her waist and kissed her lips a bit roughly.

 

«Of course I’m coming… I haven’t missed any of your wins. I’m not missing this one, tonight, either…» she pushed me on the dusty sofa.

«I feel confident, too.» I smirked as she kissed my neck.

«You just need a small cheer up, don’t you?»

«You can say so…» I hugged her tightly, bringing her as close as possible to my body. «You can’t imagine what the did today… She…»

 

«Sssh…» she pressed a finger on my lips. «We have time for this later, right?»

 

 

Needless to say that during that night’s rap battle, me and Minhyuk totally kicked their asses. 

 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hello people! First time for this story~ ^^ This time the plot is a little different from what I've done so far, so I'm on an experimental stage with myself and my thoughts about it, for now XD Thank you to my first subscriber here! This first chapter isn't satisfying enough for me, but I promise that next time it'll be far better! Take care til next time and I hope we will all have fun with this story~ ^0^ Fighting <3