Cuter Than Yours,

Cuter Than Dimples

Squeezing my way through the crowd, I finally came across the notice board where they paste all of the current school infos. I placed my finger on one of the papers, scanning my name in the sea of others people's name. Don't they have my name? I knitted my brows together. I ate my inner cheeks and continued on my searching.

Upon seeing my name being dumped on one of the classes' name list, my tracing finger stopped. For a moment there, my heart stopped beating and started on dancing to a slow-sad ballad genre.

"Well, what do you expect when you send in your results late?" I scolded myself as I dragged my feets away from the notice board, away from sadness with a solemn face on.

I stopped my tracks after a voice called out my name. I heaved a lazy sigh and was greeten by a smiley Yixing as gravity brought my head back from hunging on so low to the ground.

"What class are you in?" he approached me with a smile that seemed to never left his face.

I contemplated for a second but decided to settled on with a "Check it yourself," I gave him a small smile and walked away with a heavy heart. The last thing I heard before leaving the scene was an "Oh! five classes lower than mine,".

 


 

I was waiting for my friend infront of her class while my hands fumbled with books from different subjects when I saw Yixing, who was standing on the balcony of the second floor with Wufan.

He flashed me his infamous toothy smile and  jumped up and down while screaming a "oii, oii!" to me.

I laughed in return and shooked my head slightly. Well he was, the entainer in our class back days from the junior high. The only thing that changed was his height. He was shorter than me just a few years ago yet somehow he managed to rosen up his height to like a feet taller than mine.

Seeing that he already left with Wufan to probably his class, I started on dragging my feets away from the scene and catched my pace up to my friend whose talking alone, assuming that I was next to her.

"What did you just say just then?" I barely choke up a question because my breath was unsteady from the small running.

"Who was that? the boy you were talking to just then?" she asked.

"Well, just a friend of mine,"

 


 

"Oi!" tilting my head, I was met with a smiley, jumping Yixing. He gave me a small wave and let his dimples sat on his cheeks.

I replied with a laugh and waved him goodbye before walking away to the lab. I plastered a small smile on my face, him and his 'oi's.

Upon reaching the lab, I put on the lab coat and grabbed my text book that was lying on top of the table.

"Yixing is so ignorant now, aren't he?" one of my junior high school mate voiced her opinion.

I scrunched my face while my hand scribbled on a science note that we were supposed to copy and said "Well he's friendly with me,"

"Well he's not to me! Lucky you," another junior high school mate added.

For some heart tickling reason, I found myself smiling at their jealous statement.

 


 

"When's your birthday?"

"I forgot,"

"You what?" I threw him a confused face.

"I forgot," he repeated softly.

"How come you forgot your own birthday, liar!" catching up with his pace was surely tiring as he kept on changing his sitting spot.

"October," I scoffed.

"What day?"

"The 1oth." he sat on one of the stairs while I stand infront of him with a curious face.

I raised a brow and he heaved a defeated sigh. "If you don't wanna believe me then it's up to you," he said before leaving me alone with an uncertain feeling.

 


 

Standing infront of the ladies, I waited for my friend whilst fixing my gaze on my book, humming a random tune.

I brought my head up to it's normal position and my vision was greeten by Yixing. Well, his class was just opposite of the ladies anyway.

Should I smile and wave?

I was about to do what I thought I would, when Yixing did his up and down jumping while waving happily to me.

I laughed witnessing his cute, childish action.

 


 

"Today is Yixing's birthday," I let out a loud gasped when a friend of mine stated out the forgotten fact.

"Right, I forgot!" I tapped my chin and thought, since today we don't have any class, considering that this day we are having a festival..

"I'm going to shop for food on my own, bye!"

Leaving my friend with some white lie that I made up to cover the actual truth that I was searching for Yixing to wish him a happy birthday, I began my Yixing-hunt.

I passed by some stall and bought some rice balls and munched them happily before continuing my hunt.

I sighed for the upteenth time seeing that Yixing is nowhere to be found.

I guess that I won't be wishing him for today, then.

 


 

I cut the papers with a concentrated face, making a handmade birthday card for Yixing.

"Give this to Yixing okay," I stared at the finished  handmade birthday card with a pleased smile before handing them to my friend who also happens to be Yixing's classmate.

"Okay, I'll give them to Lay." I bid her farewell as we parted our ways to our own classes. Most of the people call him "Lay" his nickname, but I am more comfortable calling him his real name, Yixing.

I stood outside of the ladies waiting for my constipated friend. I cringed at the thought of that and saw Yixing standing by the doorway of his class. Please say something, I mentally begged. As if on cue, he screamed my name and said;

"Thank you for the birthday card!" he smiled, showcasing me his lovely dimples.

I returned his smile and bowed as a "You're welcome,"

 


 

I placed my hands on the corner of my mouth and pressed them lightly, half whisper-screaming a;

"Yixing!"

The said person stopped his tracks and turned his direction to mine. Oh I didn't know that he would hear it. I jogged up to him a little too excitedly.

"What was your class ranking for mid-terms?" I asked.

"14th. You?" I grinned sheepishly and answered his question before sending him away with a happy face.

For some odd reason, I find that the thing we did just then was cuter than his dimples.

 


 

I was swinging my feet down the stairs when a familiar figure walked by with his group of friends.

"Did he changed his hairstyle?" I whispered to myself.

"What did you say about me?" Yixing snapped his head towards me, making the others doing the same thing.

"No, I didn't say anything," I denied whilst forming a cross motion with my hands.

"Liar! I know you did! you were saying bad things about me!" he insisted.

I laughed a small laugh and said "No, no. You heard wrongly. I didn't say bad things about you,"

He dragged his friends away with a hesistant face leaving me wondering, how could he heard what I said? I was barely whispering.

 


 

"Hey, wanna go to the teachers lounge with me? I wanna check the notice board for something,"

I lazily nodded. You know those days when your hormone was raging furiously when you are not even on your period but just got mad at everything without a particular reason?

I am experiencing it today.

Walking our way to the class from the teachers lounge, I stayed silent. But it didn't last long when a playful Yixing waved me his signature wave and plastered his usual toothy smile to me as I passed by his class.

I returned his wave with my usual laugh and walked happily. These days, my heart seems to always danced to an upbeat genre whenever his gave me his small, cute gestures.

And I think I know why.

 


 

"Oi!" I turned my direction to the familiar voice before a running Yixing came to vision.

I smiled when he walked next to me, randomly saying something that came to his mind.

Without a subtle warning, he grabbed my hands and interlaced our fingers making heat slapping my face vigorously.

"We're dating for now on," he stated as if it was a normal thing that one would do.

He was adding salts to my redden face! I  managed to squeak out a "Will our relationship be cuter than your dimples?"

When it was his time to be splashed with a rouge shade on his face, I let out a small chuckle.

He confidently replied with an "Ofcourse!"

I grinned, forming a dimple on my right cheek.

"Let's just hope that it will be cuter than your dimple," saying that, he gladly planted a kiss on my dimple making me widen my grin.

 


 

Shout out to my friend (boy) for making it easier for me to write this! [since he basically did all the stated actions to me except for the dimple kissing]. Sadly tho, he doesnt have a dimple laughs loudly.

comment, guys! c: