Epilogue

Surreptitious

 


 

“, , ,” Eunyoung was running through the school hall and her hair was entangled between each other. “Oh Gosh please, Joo Eunyoung run faster!”

 “E-excuse me!” The student said awkwardly as she opened the sliding door to her class. All eyes landed on her, including the teacher’s, who happened to be her boyfriend. “Sorry I’m late, Sir!” She said and bowed a few times.

Hakyeon sighed and put his book on the table, “It’s been the third time in this month, Joo Eunyoung.” Eunyoung bit her lip to suppress the laugh that’ll soon burst out. She hid it with another bow. “I’m sorry, Sir. The train I was taking had a little problem,” she said, laughing her off in her mind.

The older did the same, in fact he has known that Eunyoung doesn’t go to school by a train. Ever. “Sit down.” Without his students noticing, he winked to his girlfriend when she walked pass him.

Hakyeon was back on his seat when he felt his phone vibrated. He checked it and realized he just got a new message. It was from Eunyoung.

                ‘Oppa you’re too mean =A=’

Hakyeon shifted his gaze towards his girlfriend-slash-student, and he saw her smiling. A smile soon crept on his face and replied the text.

                ‘I’m sorry, was I cool?’

                ‘No =A=’

                ‘Okay, you can see me at my office after school as my apology.’

                ‘Heol =A=’

The teacher looked at the student once again and he found her pouting towards him.

                ‘Don’t pout or I’ll kiss you.’

Hakyeon saw Eunyoung smiling.

                ‘Kiss me later!!! *^^*’

 

Later in the afternoon, Eunyoung did pay a visit to Hakyeon’s office.

“Hey,” Hakyeon smiled, closing a window in his laptop and logged it off before he walked to the younger and placed a kiss on the latter’s cheek. “I’m sorry for this morning.”

Eunyoung snorted, “Yeah, right. As if I didn’t know you were joking, oppa. Come on, I was kidding too.”

The teacher chuckled seeing his girlfriend’s cute act. “So, since today’s Friday, why don’t we just spend the rest of the day in the movie?”

“What if someone sees us?” The teacher replied, “They won’t,” voice merely a whisper, as he inched closer to the younger and planted a soft kiss on her lips.

 

That evening.

“Remember, Eunyoung, before 10, okay?”

“Yes, Auntie Jess. Bye!” Eunyoung replied in a cheerful tone before leaving the household for her movie date with her boyfriend.

After Jiyeop—the driver—dropped him to the cinema, Eunyoung told him not to wait for her. And so Jiyeop went home. Hakyeon was already there, dressed in a white shirt, sleeves lifted up to his elbows, hooking his dark blue jumper on his hand, charmingly glancing over his wristwatch before eventually looking to Eunyoung.

“Sorry to keep you waiting, oppa,” Eunyoung said, smiling, slightly feeling her cheeks heated by the way she thought how cool Hakyeon was that day.

Hakyeon smiled and shook his head, “No, it’s alright. I just got here too anyway.”

Maybe he’s experienced or what, but he hid his feelings pretty well, though his insides went weak as his eyes caught the glimpse of Eunyoung in a sheer peach top and a matching skirt.

“You,” Hakyeon paused and inhaled, “You look stunning.” But what Eunyoung returned was a slight hit on the guy’s chest.

“Anyway, I think I’d go to the washroom first,” Eunyoung said, and received a nod from the older. “I’ll go get the tickets and some popcorn then,” said Hakyeon.

 

By the time Eunyoung returned from the toilet, she was utterly surprised by a tap on her shoulders, and the next thing she saw was a grinning face of her classmate, Jinhee.

“Eunyoung-ie! What a coincidence meeting you here!”

.

My.

Life.

“Who are you with?”

“N-n-nobo—I mean, m-my family, yeah,” Eunyoung answered, droplets of cold sweat started to form on her temple, slightly looking to the snack corner, checking whether Hakyeon was still there or not. “T-Taekwoon, and Eunmi,” Eunyoung took a few additional seconds to remember both her cousins’ Korean names.

“Oh, I see then. Are you going to watch or—”

“How about you?”

Jinhee paused for a split second before answering, “I’m in the middle of a movie.”

And just then Eunyoung’s eye-corners spotted Hakyeon, who was walking to her—still far though—with a box of yummy looking popcorn in his hands. Eunyoung widen her eyes and slightly moved her hands to give a code ing red to Hakyeon, telling him to go the away she is Jinhee. Hakyeon seemed to get the message immediately, and he turned around, just when Jinhee turned—because she noticed what Eunyoung just did.

“Who were you talking to?” The girl with fringe asked.

“Taekwoon.”

“Why did you tell him to go?” Eunyoung shut her eyes, “Because he’s annoying?”

Jinhee scoffed, “Right. Anyway, I’d better go now, the movie’s still rolling!”

“G-great idea! See you around, Jinhee!” Eunyoung awkwardly said, but managed to flash the shorter with a bright smile.

After the former left, Eunyoung couldn’t feel her legs. She fished her hands in her handbag and dialed the teacher’s number right away.

“Oppa she’s gone. C’mere.”

“Who was that?” Asked Hakyeon after he chuckled.

“Jinhee.”

Hakyeon let out a ‘phew’ and continued, “Let’s just enjoy the movie.” Eunyoung giggled and replied a short "okay" before terminating the connection.

 

 

 

—; 

yaaay! the ultimate ending is here. hope you liked it! thank you all for the comments and supports through every chapters. i really appreciate it. love y'all! ^^

if you happen to like my writings, be sure to check out my other works here!

God bless.