VI

Surreptitious

 


 

Holiday went boring—very boring. Eunyoung spent most of her times locking herself inside her spacious room—though she won’t feel too bored because everything are basically in there.

Yewon knew about it already, and she couldn’t say anything else beside ‘fighting’, ‘don’t think about it’, ‘there are plenty other guys out there’, and ‘Hakyeon is ugly honestly’.

“Eunyoung-ie, can I come in?” Yewon knocked on the door thrice. Eunyoung’s voice was faintly heard, “Yes, unnie.”

Yewon stepped in, and her guess was right. Eunyoung was still on her bed, still in her PJs. “Eunyoung, you missed your breakfast again today, and it’s almost lunch. You want me to bring your food here?”

“No unnie, thank you, I’m not hungry. I will eat if I’m hungry.”

Yewon let out an audible sigh. “Eunyoung…” The brunette turned her head, “Yeah?”

“Look, I know, it’s really hard to let go of someone who has a really big impact in your life, especially the ones that you love,” the older continued, “But that’s life. If that person is stupid enough to leave you, be brave, be strong, and of course be smart to let go. I kind of quoted it from—well that’s unimportant.”

Eunyoung stayed silent. Hearing no answer, Yewon went on.

“Come on, there are so many other guys in your school, in this district, in this city, in this province, in this country, in thi—in this mother earth!”

Eunyoung huffed air, “But Cha Hakyeon is the person that I want.”

Yewon was surprised by her answer. She couldn’t answer immediately, and she could only pat Eunyoung by her back. “I understand you really well, Eunyoung, and you’re headstrong, since the first time I worked here.”

“You know me better than I do, unnie,” Eunyoung said, shutting her eyes, preventing tears to come again. “Now tell me, why am I so stupid for wanting him to return my feelings?”

“Eunyoung-ie, I’m really sorry about it…” Yewon said, sitting herself on the edge of Eunyoung’s soft bed. “About what?” Eunyoung asked, head tilted to the side. “Yeah, about what has happened. I should’ve said it’s impossible on the first time you asked about this plan, Eunyoung-ie.”

Eunyoung became more confused. “What do you mean by that, unnie?”

“It’s because of me, that you’re heartbroken like this. I’m really sorry. I gave you the idea of this plan, and it turned out really bad, right? I shouldn’t have given you this crazy-unworthy-plan at all,” Yewon answered, head drooped.

“No unnie,” Eunyoung sat straight on her bed and took Yewon’s hand. “I agreed to the plan too. So I’m also on blame,” she said and showing her bright grin.

Yewon smiled, “It’s good to see you smile again.”

“Yah, unnie,” Eunyoung chuckled. “I guess I’m energized now. I have come back to life.”

“That’s great! I truthfully wasn’t really sorry about the whole plan, though,” Yewon stood up and quickly skipped to the door of Eunyoung’s room. “To be frank, it’s so fun well, it’s jaw-dropping to know that it failed, but you, Joo Eunyoung, having several private lessons with Cha Hakyeon at his own house! Man, that’s epic! For me, it’s successful enough.”

Eunyoung—dumbfounded—widened her eyes, “So you were just pretending to be sad!? Yah unnie!!!”

“Yah bathe first, then, hurry come downstairs to have your lunch lazy princess!”

“Got that, Miss Bossy.”

 

“Only for a couple minutes, auntie, I’m okay,” Eunyoung said after kneading the doorknob of her house’s grand entrance. She stepped out with her orange flats, phone pocketed and lips covered with thin lip balm.

I should’ve brought my jumper, it’s getting heck cold, she said to herself, as she unknowingly walked straight to the subway.

She walked quietly and queued into the train. The train wasn’t full, and there were barely people. She made herself comfortable on the seat next to the door, legs crossed and arms folded. She closed her eyes, hoping that it’ll shoo away her frantic thoughts.

The train stopped after 15 minutes long, and the intercom dinged. Eunyoung got up and walked out from the underground subway.

She dragged her feet, heart beating fast.

Who told me to go this way?

She had to move on. But her mind kept on telling her to go to this small residence.

That familiar broken-white-painted wall, that bell which sounded like heaven whenever Eunyoung pressed it, that awkwardly-placed hose. Eunyoung remembered everything.

She walked closer to the door, almost bringing her knuckles to knock on the wooden door. But she stayed still in front of the door.

Instead, she turned around.

And just stand there, looking to the door with drumming heart.

Her puffy eyes reflected questions, and became watery when the memory of how she disappointed Hakyeon flashed.

I’m so stupid.

She buried her face on her hands, and soft sobs were heard afterwards. Her shoulder shook, and her knees wobbled.

The angels turned out to be sad too, that they also cried. Rain poured, not so long after that, and that’s the second time Eunyoung’s standing under the rain without any shelter.

Thinking that she deserved all these stupid karma, she cried harder.

 

“Eunyoung?”

 

Eunyoung stopped crying. She almost had a heart attack when she heard her name was called. She turned around, vision blurry as the tears were still covering her eyes. She was drenched in both rain and tears, and unmoving on the spot when she realized that it was Hakyeon.

“What are you freaking doing?” Hakyeon rushed to her side and grabbed her by her shoulders. “Are you crazy?” He bent to her eye-level.

She remembered Hakyeon saying the same thing on the first time she did this kind of foolish thing.

Hakyeon was also drenched in droplets of rain. He shook Eunyoung gently and searched for her eyes. “Ya, why are you crying?”

Eunyoung covered her face again. She didn’t know, whether she should feel happy that Hakyeon still cared for her, or feel sad that she’s unable to move on from Hakyeon—again.

“Don’t be ridiculous, come inside,” Hakyeon took the younger’s wrist and pulled her inside his house.

 

Hakyeon shut the door behind him harshly, Eunyoung’s wrist was still in his grip. He brought her to the living room before eventually rushed to the bathroom to get a dry towel. Without saying anything, Hakyeon gave her the towel.

Eunyoung took the towel from the former’s hand with trembling hands, eyes still watery, and heart still drumming—maybe beat-boxing now. When Eunyoung’s already gotten the towel, she just covered with it, and did nothing in attempt to dry her form.

“Now tell me, what were you doing,” The older asked. No answer, only a little shake from the younger’s head.

“I told you to never do that again, you’re getting yourself sick,” Hakyeon continued, in a way more serious.

Still no answer from the girl.

 

Hakyeon placed his fingers on Eunyoung’s chin, and lifted her head to face him.

Eunyoung’s mind went even more frantic, and her heart was racing badly.

The man cupped the girl’s cheek with his cold hand, and brought his face a few inches closer, before finally tilting his head and in one swift movement, Eunyoung’s lips were already crashed with Hakyeon’s.

 

Eunyoung’s heart exploded, and her eyes were widened, as big as the saucers. She could felt her knees became jelly and her insides became all weak. Her hands were still gripping the towel hard.

She felt Hakyeon’s lips were moving on her own, and she felt T-rexes running a marathon inside her tummy.

Wait, is this surreal?

Is this a dream?

If it is, then don’t wake me up.

I’d rather live inside my irrational dream, than to face the bitter truth real life has.

 

“I care about you a lot, Joo Eunyoung,” Hakyeon finished off. “In other way, I love you. Do you understand that?”

 

“You kidding?”

 

Hakyeon hasn’t answered yet, but Eunyoung already pulled the older into a tight hug. Encircling her small hands around the man’s form and burying her head on the crook of his neck, Eunyoung then sobbed.

Hakyeon felt rather awkward. Man, he just kissed those innocent lips and hasn’t come back to the world yet. Hakyeon then chuckled lightly and put his own hands around the girl’s shoulders, feeling rather sorry for his previous harsh words, remember?

“I’m sorry,” Hakyeon whispered softly. Eunyoung couldn’t reply. Yes, Hakyeon was really an back then, it! Eunyoung only hugged tighter and answered a little shake from her head.

“Sir, can we stay like this for a moment?” Eunyoung asked, breath hitched. The older nodded and chuckled again, “You love me that much, huh?”

A hit was received by Hakyeon on his back.

Silence filled the room for God knows how long. And they were still in each other’s embrace. Suddenly the romantic moment had to be ruined by Eunyoung’s sneeze.

“Atchoo! Sh—atchoo!” the younger sneezed—twice, and made the dark-haired guy chuckled. “You’re so cute,” he said before placing another kiss on Eunyoung’s lips.

“You’re going to get sick,” the younger said.

“I don’t care.”

 

 

The holiday ended. The second semester had finally started. With Eunyoung having a boyfriend. Who was her own teacher.

 

 

 

—;

last update. phew! what a crappy story srsly. haha! anyway~ there you go a suuuper fluff ending. ok so i really dont know what to say! um, bye? haha jk. so thank you all wonderful subbies and readers for actually reading this fic! and yeah, i really hope you guys enjoyed this short chaptered fic. i kinda made this accidentally tbh. i'm sorry for aaall the mistakes, also the bad english. i wish you had a good time reading this story. so, please go further for one last shot of their moment!